Royal Caribbean Soda Package tumbler

I don't know if I like the idea of having to carry around a cup. Is there a fountain soda option still available where you show your sea pass at any bar on ship. (The old fashioned way, not using the free style machines?)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes! You can still get a soda at any bar by showing your sea pass card.

Looking at buying the soda package for our cruise later this month? It states that you are given a tumbler to use. Do you have to carry it and use at all times or can you just show your sea pass and get sodas without it?

We are travelling on the Indy out of Southampton at end of June, usually go with Celebrity and a bit anxious about this one having read some of the reviews. Would love to hear some positive feedback. :):)

Don't worry about some of the reviews about Indy. We were a bit nervous last year for the very same reason. We enjoyed it so much we are returning again this year. A great ship and a fun cruise awaits you.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back off Freedom of the Seas and it was great. The tumbler package was amazing and I have a feeling that they swap out the tumblers every couple of weeks to prevent people from passing them around to others who are also cruising later on the same ship. Our tumblers also seem to be encoded in the bottom with information that speaks to the machines, so you can't fill anything other than a tumbler with soda. It was all very upscale and "nifty."

We just got back off Freedom of the Seas and it was great. The tumbler package was amazing and I have a feeling that they swap out the tumblers every couple of weeks to prevent people from passing them around to others who are also cruising later on the same ship. Our tumblers also seem to be encoded in the bottom with information that speaks to the machines, so you can't fill anything other than a tumbler with soda. It was all very upscale and "nifty."

There is an RFID chip in the base of the cup that activates the machine. It is programmed for the length of your cruise so once your cruise is over, it will not work to start the freestyle machines. Some on B2B cruises have said the cup worked for a couple of days into their second cruise but that was about all.

• 2 months later...
Pre cruise purchased soda package they will imprint your cards with a coke logo (it won't wash off in the water) If purchased on the ship they put a sticker on your card and it does wash off.

You can order a coke from any bar, main dining room, etc. they will give you a glass with ice and coke in it. (soda fountain type)

With your tumbler, you can go to any of the freestyle machines and fill up on ice and a variety of flavors of soda and water, even flavored sparkling water. This is all included with the package. Don't think your ship has freestyle yet....check on that.

If you order room service, or want cans of soda you will be charged.

Hope this helps! We loved the package. Will purchase again.

Just want to confirm this package. Any bar, even on the rising tide?

Or even inside the show theater? So you can order soda while watching the ship's shows like Chicago?

And even on any bars during shore excursion on RCCL's private islands like Labadee?

• 1 year later...

I bought the soda package and I got the tumbler. Someone stole my tumbler when I placed it near chairs and went swimming. It sucked because there were no more tumblers so I was out of luck. If they did have more available, it would cost $4.95 to replace the tumbler. This is according to the FAQ at the RC website.

You can still get a soda with your card, though. However, for me, it was a pain in the neck. I dined at the buffet but had to wait in line for my soda. They fill small juice cups with ice and soda. This sucks because you see the Freestyle machines and can't help but think about the long, gone tumbler. LMAO.

I'm going to write my name/cabin number next time. Maybe put a few stickers on it. something to really sell the fact that it's not a good idea to steal from me.

• 1 year later...

I just got back from Oasis. Wonderful time!

I got the soda package. The machines were always working when I used them. Also was able to get soda in any bar or restaurant.

I got a tall straw from Starbucks that worked great in the cup.

I just saw on a You Tube video that the cups have chips in them so I'm guessing they are not reusable on the next cruise.

Hope that helps answer a couple questions.

I just got back from Oasis. Wonderful time!

I got the soda package. The machines were always working when I used them. Also was able to get soda in any bar or restaurant.

I got a tall straw from Starbucks that worked great in the cup.

I just saw on a You Tube video that the cups have chips in them so I'm guessing they are not reusable on the next cruise.

Hope that helps answer a couple questions.

Well, this thread is almost three years old, so .....................................

But welcome to Cruise Critic! ;) :D

Well, this thread is almost three years old, so .....................................

But welcome to Cruise Critic! ;) :D

They must not have read the part of the user agreement where you are not allowed to respond to old threads. I did like the idea of the tall straw from Starbucks.