ZArrived in NY for our cruise but our luggage is somewhere else.

HappyChappy

Landed at 2pm yesterday and were called to the BA baggage room while we stood in immigration. So we went and were told that we just made it onto the plane at LHR but our bags didnt.

Given a ref number to check up on and adv bags will be delivered to our Hotel as soon as they arrive in NY.

Hello BA that was 15 hours ago!!!

Where are our bags!!!

If they are not here by the time we are ready to head out then the credit card will get hammered at BA's expense.

Full details of this and my thoughts will be in my holiday blog which I will start a bit later on.

pays to come late to the party.

i remember a family whose luggage didn't make it onto one of our ncl cruises. ncl opened the gift shop to them, and they went to town. they said they hated it when their luggage showed up on day three.

great day out there for a sailing! bon voyage!

Most excellent news the luggage showed up. If I was to go on a European cruise I would get there at least three full days before the cruise. The odds of luggage being lost when you most need it is amplified, so if you're there early enough and had one of each packed in a carry on you can get by for couple of days.

I would have a difficult time of I didn't have any luggage for a cruise and had to pick up a few items in the gift shop. I'm a wee fluffy, so nothing would fit me.......

The upcoming cruise I am trusting the airline. I'll be in New Orleans for three full days before the cruise, so no worries *BG*.......

you're filling me with dread here !! we are flying to NY via LHR in December and my previous experience with BA was same as yours......hopefully they will not lose our luggage or my credit card will be hammered for our 3 days in NY

I went on an eleven day guided tour of Budapest, Vienna, Prague, etc. several years ago. One of the other guest's bags did not show for the entire tour. She hadn't brought any carry on, so it was quite difficult for her. I always pack one carry on full of clothes, medicine, etc. just in case my checked baggage is lost!

Archived