Bob Dickinson's back?

You are 100% correct.

Of course I am correct. There are some who ignore all the positive threads and they all jump into these back and forth threads and think everyone that cruises Carnival hates them. It's a dozen people telling back and forth with each other. 95% of the posters who like Carnival re smart enough to avoid these types of threads.

Sent using Tapatalk on my iphone5

Yes, he really did. He was making comparisons between the Triumph and the Grandeur.

Well the Grandeur fire was significantly worse and had potential for far worse consequences.

While you are here can you tell me what parts of Alaska besides Glacier Bay Royal Caribbean has been banned from?

I asked yesterday but it might have slipped your mind.

Bill

Who cares? They deliberately polluted and then lied about it. And not just Alaska.

"Alaska - $6.5 million criminal fine: 4 felony violations of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 for the deliberate and routine midnight dumping of harmful quantities of waste oil into the waters off the coast of Alaska, including the Inside Passage, from Royal Caribbean's Nordic Prince and Sun Viking cruise ships in 1994 and 1995; 2 felony counts for false statements related to the presentation to the Coast Guard of materially false Oil Record Books for the Nordic Prince and Sun Viking cruise ships in 1994 and 1995; 1 felony violation of the Clean Water Act for the knowing discharge of pollutants from the Legend of the Seas Nordic Prince and Sun Viking in 1994 and 1995, including photo and dry cleaning waste into the coastal waters, including in the Port of Juneau. "

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/1999/July/316enr.htm

The biggest problem that Uncle Bob has to assist in rectifying is how Carnival will regain its pricing power.At present it is burning the candle from both ends ie slashing price to fill cabins (profit warnings) dumbing down the product to try to hold margins caused by the price slashing.

The not so big problem for Uncle B is what to do with the ex commodity banker and bar steward Heald..............any suggestion for Bob.

Who cares? They deliberately polluted and then lied about it. And not just Alaska.

"Alaska - $6.5 million criminal fine: 4 felony violations of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 for the deliberate and routine midnight dumping of harmful quantities of waste oil into the waters off the coast of Alaska, including the Inside Passage, from Royal Caribbean's Nordic Prince and Sun Viking cruise ships in 1994 and 1995; 2 felony counts for false statements related to the presentation to the Coast Guard of materially false Oil Record Books for the Nordic Prince and Sun Viking cruise ships in 1994 and 1995; 1 felony violation of the Clean Water Act for the knowing discharge of pollutants from the Legend of the Seas Nordic Prince and Sun Viking in 1994 and 1995, including photo and dry cleaning waste into the coastal waters, including in the Port of Juneau. "

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/1999/July/316enr.htm

as usual you don't answer and try to direct the conversation in another direction because you don't have an answer.

Why did Carnival lose their permits to Glacier Bay? I know they go there now but they lost theirs in the past also.

Bill

Of course I am correct. There are some who ignore all the positive threads and they all jump into these back and forth threads and think everyone that cruises Carnival hates them. It's a dozen people telling back and forth with each other. 95% of the posters who like Carnival re smart enough to avoid these types of threads.

Welcome to the 5% club.:p

Well the Grandeur fire was significantly worse and had potential for far worse consequences.

To say the things he said on the RC board the day it happened was obnoxious and incredibly mean spirited.

as usual you don't answer and try to direct the conversation in another direction because you don't have an answer.

Why did Carnival lose their permits to Glacier Bay? I know they go there now but they lost theirs in the past also.

Bill

I thought you asked him where else had rcl been banned. That's what he answered. Did you change the question? Look at your post he just responded to where you called him out.

Bill

For discharging untreated bilge water in Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The biggest problem that Uncle Bob has to assist in rectifying is how Carnival will regain its pricing power.At present it is burning the candle from both ends ie slashing price to fill cabins (profit warnings) dumbing down the product to try to hold margins caused by the price slashing.

The not so big problem for Uncle B is what to do with the ex commodity banker and bar steward Heald..............any suggestion for Bob.

I'm sure they'll bounce back but I don't see it happening quick. It's too bad they only have one new ship on order. Has anyone ever verified that a new ship is being built. It seems like when other lines have built new ships, there was a lot of anticipation on the boards. I've seen very little about it here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill

Whoa!

None of that was under Gerry's reign, so Uncle Bob the savior had to have been behind it.

RCL doesn't pollute as much as CCL.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=526

Of course you'll either ignore this fact or defend them.

That was a long time ago (over a decade). I think there are more restrictions in place these days for ALL lines.

Bottom line is all cruise ships are not exactly 'green' for goodness sake and all this bickering back & forth about it is silly.

That was a long time ago (over a decade). I think there are more restrictions in place these days for ALL lines.

Bottom line is all cruise ships are not exactly 'green' for goodness sake and all this bickering back & forth about it is silly.

Amen on that one to both sides.....

RCL doesn't pollute as much as CCL.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=526

Of course you'll either ignore this fact or defend them.

Did you read the article? Isn't 27 more than 18? And the 18 has more ships.

Hilarious. Didn't even bother to read the very short article used to support his own position. :D

Tomorrow, I'm going to the bank and going to ask for a huge loan. If they turn me down I'm going to say pretty please. And not only will they give me a huge amount of money, their going to pay it back for me when I can't afford to:p. I read on the internet that's all it apparently takes to get a huge loan that you don't have to pay back.:D;);)

A better analogy might be for you to ask a home builder to finance a house and when they turn you down, ask some illegals. That might be closer.

You're going to have to explain this one to me. I don't see a connection from my statement to yours.

Archived