RCI Grand Suite or Celebrity Sky Suite(S1)

We have always cruised RCI and since we have had our son have always been in a Grand Suite for the extra space. He will be nearly 2 when we cruise this time.

We have been looking at a cruise in the Med for this summer and we like the itinerary for the Serenade and have been on the Jewel and love the Radiance class of ship. We know the layout of the cabin and it will work for us.

However, I was looking at Celebrity and they have a cruise on the Celebrity Reflection in a Sky Suite (S1) and it is £1700 cheaper than RCI. That amount of money makes a big difference and will pay for drinks packages and excursions.

I can see from the brochure that the room is 88 sq smaller and was wondering if anyone has been in both a Grand Suite on RCI and a Sky Suite on Celebrity who might be able to explain if the they are comparable.

Thanks for any advice.

We have always cruised RCI and since we have had our son have always been in a Grand Suite for the extra space. He will be nearly 2 when we cruise this time.

We have been looking at a cruise in the Med for this summer and we like the itinerary for the Serenade and have been on the Jewel and love the Radiance class of ship. We know the layout of the cabin and it will work for us.

However, I was looking at Celebrity and they have a cruise on the Celebrity Reflection in a Sky Suite (S1) and it is £1700 cheaper than RCI. That amount of money makes a big difference and will pay for drinks packages and excursions.

I can see from the brochure that the room is 88 sq smaller and was wondering if anyone has been in both a Grand Suite on RCI and a Sky Suite on Celebrity who might be able to explain if the they are comparable.

Thanks for any advice.

1700 pounds is quite a differnce! The RCI cabins are 25% bigger than the Sky Suites and balcony is 79 SF vs. 106, also almost 25% bigger for RCI..that is considerable...and the Reflection is GORGEOUS, as the Serenade, but the Reflection is newer and much larger ( about 35% ) and has more perqs...a friend just went on the Reflection with his family and loved it- and he's Diamond on Royal...I, too, am Diamond on RCI, but we would cruise the new Reflection in a heartbeat, and I think it's a good choice plus you save alot of $$$....just some thoughts and IMHO....

Big Al

I can't help you with Celebrity, but have been in both GS's and JS's on RCI and can suggest that in looking at the Celebrity Sky suite it would be somewhat larger (18 sq.ft.) than a JS on Serenade and very similar in its layout.

IMO, I would think with a 2 yr. old, that would allow plenty of room for the three of you and would still allow for similar features, although smaller, with the bathroom as well.

I would think that the price difference would make this well worth it.

I can't help you with Celebrity, but have been in both GS's and JS's on RCI and can suggest that in looking at the Celebrity Sky suite it would be somewhat larger (18 sq.ft.) than a JS on Serenade and very similar in its layout.

IMO, I would think with a 2 yr. old, that would allow plenty of room for the three of you and would still allow for similar features, although smaller, with the bathroom as well.

I would think that the price difference would make this well worth it.

I agree!! The Sky suite is similar to the Jr. Suite but, with full suite benefits. The Celebrity Suite is similar to the Grand Suite but probably more expensive too. :):)

Thank you for your considered responses. There is a suite guarantee which makes the price difference nearly £2500 and to specify a cabin it is now £2000 which really makes a big difference. We could both take the drinks packages which would actually work better for us than the concierge lounge on RCI as when we have travelled previously we can only go one at a time as someone has to stay in the cabin with Charlie. We could go and get drinks and coffees and bring them back to the room to have on the balcony.

I’m thinking of trying to get an aft cabin with the hope that there is little breeze in the evening and we will be able to stay out on the balcony with the light evenings and warm mediterranean weather.

It is a shame that the celebrity suite is so much more expensive. On the sailings I have been looking at they are £1300 more than RCI which makes them £3300 more than the Sky Suite if we booked a specific cabin. That seems such a large difference for approx. 94sq. If the celebrity suite had been the same price or near the grande suite I would have taken it but we could nearly take another cruise for the price difference.

Anyway, enough of my rambling .... thanks for your help.

Archived