11:30 flight - Seattle?

phabric

We are on a Princess cruise Pier 91 arriving back to Seattle.

Princess mentions flights after 11:30am from Seattle for booking flights.

Do you think we could make a 11:30am International non stop flight to Canada on a Sunday? Or is better to stay a night and take the flight the next day?

What time does the ship arrive? Assuming it's 7am or earlier you should be fine with an 11:30am flight.

It's a 1/2 hr drive from the pier to SeaTac but give yourself 1 hr in case there are events downtown, construction, heavy cruise passenger traffic, or accidents.

As long as your cab is pulling away from the pier no later than 8am, you should be fine.

Keep in mind ... there are 3 security lines at SeaTac, so if one line looks long, look at the others.

Which airline?

What time does the ship arrive? Assuming it's 7am or earlier you should be fine with an 11:30am flight.

It's a 1/2 hr drive from the pier to SeaTac but give yourself 1 hr in case there are events downtown, construction, heavy cruise passenger traffic, or accidents.

As long as your cab is pulling away from the pier no later than 8am, you should be fine.

Keep in mind ... there are 3 security lines at SeaTac, so if one line looks long, look at the others.

Which airline?

Princess shows arrival is 7am.

We will be taking Air Canada to Toronto. They show non stop flights one in the morning and other late at night. The ship arrives back on Sunday of Labour Day weekend.

Get off the ship early- take your own bags, schedule Seattle express to take you to the airport ($12pp) and give yourself a minimum of two hours. It took that long this past Sunday to get through Southwest with bags and then the long security lines- They were ALL long.

So, off ship at 7:30- at airport at 9:00. Remember you have to wait for others if you take a shuttle. It can be done if you give yourself a good cushion!

We got to SeaTac in May by 8:30 from the HAL Oosterdam (which shares the pier with Princess).

We did go down early and got in line as soon as it formed. We had no baggage to claim and were the first through customs, which was a breeze.

Made our 11:30 flight with time to spare.

We just sailed The Miracle in and out of Seattle on June 11-18. We had a 11:30am flight as well. No problem in making it to the airport.

Ship docked shortly before 7:00am and we were off of it at 8:10am with our town car and driver from Already There waiting for us at pier 91. Already There charged us 65.00 to take us from pier 91 to SeaTac. We arrived at the airport around 8:50am. It took us about 45 minutes to get through the security line. We were at our gate at 9:35am. I would suggest carry off your own luggage if at all possible. Our flight home had a large percentage of our fellow cruise passengers on it.

We have done the R/T Seattle cruise with Princess twice. We had 1:20 departure times, but had a long......wait at the airport. We used the luggage direct (I think that is what it is called). For $20.00 bucks a person you can send your luggage ahead to your home airport. When you put the luggage out the last night of the cruise, you put the airline tags on them and you have your boarding pass. We were in line behind those that did self disembark. Did not have to stop in terminal to look for luggage and customs a breeze. We used Already there Towncar Service and they were waiting for us. A quick trip to the airport, did not have to check luggage or check in for boarding pass. A quick trip through TSA check and we were at the gate.

We have done the R/T Seattle cruise with Princess twice. We had 1:20 departure times, but had a long......wait at the airport. We used the luggage direct (I think that is what it is called). For $20.00 bucks a person you can send your luggage ahead to your home airport. When you put the luggage out the last night of the cruise, you put the airline tags on them and you have your boarding pass. We were in line behind those that did self disembark. Did not have to stop in terminal to look for luggage and customs a breeze. We used Already there Towncar Service and they were waiting for us. A quick trip to the airport, did not have to check luggage or check in for boarding pass. A quick trip through TSA check and we were at the gate.

We are Canadians going to a Canadian airport, we are not able to do the luggage direct. I wish we could use this service.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread. But I cannot find ANY FLIGHTS leaving Seattle going to my destination BNA, on Sundays...period!

All flights leave Monday morning. :mad:

We had an opportunity to get on board a RT Seattle Alaska cruise but Monday is no good. Grrrrr

I hope I am not hijacking this thread. But I cannot find ANY FLIGHTS leaving Seattle going to my destination BNA, on Sundays...period!

All flights leave Monday morning. :mad:

We had an opportunity to get on board a RT Seattle Alaska cruise but Monday is no good. Grrrrr

Were they all booked up? I just did a test booking on Orbitz for Sunday 7/21 (just pulled a summer Sunday out of the air) and there were 9 flight options just between 12:00 noon and 1:00pm alone. There were flight options on American, United, Delta and USAir, all one stops changing planes somewhere. I wouldn't expect there to be any nonstops between those two markets.

There appears to be plenty of service available SEA-BNA, 7 days a week.

Thanks, Checked Orbitz and I do see a couple now. Too bad every single one leaves Seattle before the ship even docks for disembarkation! :eek:

What day? As I said, when I did Orbitz, I found a lot of flight options all day long ("Matching results: 237"), as I said, there were 9 flight options departing SEA to BNA through various hubs between noon and 1 pm alone on the Sunday 7/21 date I chose randomly. Are you looking for a nonstop, there will be very, very few, if any, between these two markets. Are you only looking a one airline?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I hae done the Alaska cruise last two years both times I have stayed over as my flights were also at 11:30 (jet Blue) I am going back next year. I think some flights have changed to later in the day. Go to your airline and put in a fake reservation like may2014 and see what times. When I do it it is telling me my flight is at 2:30

MAry

Archived