If the price is right.......????

We're sailing in just a few weeks and was wondering about a reasonable cost to hire a taxi on the island of St Maarten. We are a party of 4 and want to take off for the day visiting here, there, and everywhere. Does anyone have any experience for doing this on the island? If the price is right.....???? What would be considered reasonable? A beach or two, French side - Marigot, Maho Beach for a drink and a possible jet landing,,, ????? I'm thinking about $150 - $200 as they could drop us off for a couple of hours and come back and carry on to the next destination.

If the price is right......????? :)

You can get a private tour with Bernard's Tour Company is $360 for guests 1-5 and $35 per guest after that and you can go wherever you want to!

http://bernardstours.com/tours.html

I second this motion.:p We used this company our last cruise, April '13, although not a private group. You're going to have a fantastic time, just a beautiful place.

The island is pretty easy to navigate. For less money than your cab fare you can rent a car for the day. The last time we were there we had a small van for the day. I don't remember the actual cost, but it wasn't a crazy number. Their are car rental places right at the pier. If I recall, we rented from Hertz. The island is really one big loop, and very easy to get around. The French side is much nicer than the Dutch, in my opinion that is.

Moho is a 20 minute cab ride at $8 pp each way in an 8 passenger van taxi located just past the stores in the middle of the shopping area at the pier. There area always return trip vans waiting at the Sunset Grill. They will wait to fill the van each way, but that is never an issue.

Also second the rental car idea - we've done that twice and it is very easy and manageable. Just have to plan for some traffic in the afternoon in Marigot if that is your return route.

We have done both taxi and rented a car. As someone said taxi prices are set. It cost us 40.00 to go to sunset beach bar and 40.00 to come back. I would go with the car rental. The island is extremely easy to get around. They will give u a map. That way you can stop wherever and go wherever you choose and stay as long as you want. Also not sure if Joyce prince still does tours but she is fantastic and it would a private tour. You can check on the st marteen board for her. She will cater to what you want.

I second this motion.:p We used this company our last cruise, April '13, although not a private group. You're going to have a fantastic time, just a beautiful place.

We've done this type of tour before with Papa Bear and our group of 40. Great private and more or less added/deleted his normal routine.

But with just another couple (1st time for them) and already done the tour deal in general, we were looking to do something a bit different.:o

Archived