Liberty of the Sea Med Cruise Review with photo's Hopefully !

Loved the review Sue. Thank you. Can imagine me taking these beautiful photos.

One question though. Was the sea so rocky it was unpleasant? Going with first timers and dont want them to be disappointed

Hi glad you like the pictures - I must admit they turned out better than usual !

The sea was unpleasant at all - it was only on the last day and It was like being rocked to sleep in a cradle - it wasn't "Throwing you around" type rough at all. Just not warm enough to sit out on the deck. _ have a great cruise

regards sue:)

Eee bye eck........Yorkshire tea.

You can take the folk out of Yorkshire, but not Yorkshire out of the folk :D

Was it hard water or normal variety?:)

Hi to you over the River !

To be honest I couldn't tell - only that you got boiling water out of the machine in the Cafe Promenade -if you have "Lincolnshire" tea bags the would work just as well;)

In fact I think any would work better than the ones on board - unless you like fruit tea or the such

Enjoy your trip

sue

Edited by crafty sue

Great review. You really had me laughing. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Lakelorain

glad you liked it - the whole cruise was so much fun and we had a good laugh so hope your next one is just as much fun

regards

sue :)

We are on the Voyager to Japan in September, your review was a great help and very interesting. I'm an Aussie but born and bought up in the UK and I only drink Yorkshire tea, so glad I can take it with us ;)

thanks so much for this review- thoroughly enjoyed it!

quick question for you sue, when you arrived and bought the wine to take onto the ship, did you buy the wine at the barcelona airport? is that where the cruise terminal is? or did you buy it right before you boarded the boat?

Also, when you brought the wine on board, was it in your carry-on? or did you just place it in your purse?

I am surprised that you were able to bring on wine because I thought that they had a strict policy against outside alcohol.

Thanks again for the review! My husband and I will be going on LOS in July for our honeymoon. This will be my first cruise and also first time in Europe--so so excited! =)

Sincerely,

Myloan

quick question for you sue, when you arrived and bought the wine to take onto the ship, did you buy the wine at the barcelona airport? is that where the cruise terminal is? or did you buy it right before you boarded the boat?

Also, when you brought the wine on board, was it in your carry-on? or did you just place it in your purse?

I am surprised that you were able to bring on wine because I thought that they had a strict policy against outside alcohol.

Thanks again for the review! My husband and I will be going on LOS in July for our honeymoon. This will be my first cruise and also first time in Europe--so so excited! =)

Sincerely,

Myloan

Royal changed their policy last November and now allows two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom.

Loved your review! You humor was refreshing :)

One question...what is a WOW card??

A WOW card is something given to repeat guests at check-in. The guest can give it to a crewmember to recognize exceptional performance. The crewmember can accumulate WOW cards which can be redeemed for various perks.

Edited by clarea

Sincerely,

Myloan

Hi you can now take 2 bottles of wine per stateroom - there is a dutyfree shop in the port terminal - I got it there and just took it on board in the shop bag. Nobody checks once you are through into the port building.

Have a fantastic Honeymoon - and enjoy your visit to Europe - it could be very Hot in July so bring cool cotton clothing to cover up especially if you are planning to do all the big tourist things such as Pompii as there is no shade there at all.

Glad you like the review

sue :)

Loved your review! You humor was refreshing :)

One question...what is a WOW card??

If you have sailed with RC before and join their Crown and Anchor club - you can get two cards to give to staff who you think have been extra good. I only learnt about them on cruise critic ! - You put your details on the card and the reason you think they deserve a bigger pat on the back than other staff.

Just a little thing but the crew seemed to like them

enjoy your cruising x

If you have sailed with RC before and join their Crown and Anchor club - you can get two cards to give to staff who you think have been extra good. I only learnt about them on cruise critic ! - You put your details on the card and the reason you think they deserve a bigger pat on the back than other staff.

Just a little thing but the crew seemed to like them

enjoy your cruising x

How and where do you go to get it?

We are on the Voyager to Japan in September, your review was a great help and very interesting. I'm an Aussie but born and bought up in the UK and I only drink Yorkshire tea, so glad I can take it with us ;)

I glad you liked the review - I used to work for the BBC so maybe I should say Other brands of tea are available ! ha ha :D

Thanks, I have cruised for years and never heard about it! I would've have done it in the past. Well, I will definitely get a few this cruise coming up.

Thanks again!

I think you are only allowed 2 wow cards per cabin - but I stand corrected as I only found out about them through reading reviews on here ! - Enjoy your cruises - I am now looking for something for later in the year for us. Perhaps on a smaller ship than Liberty.:)

Hi Sue,

Thanks for doing this review. We are so excited to do the same cruise in September. Can you answer a few questions?

Do you have the weekly planner that shows all shows/activities? They usually give it to you the first day (one page)?

What time was the captains night where he comes out in the promenade?

Dinner time...we have booked the 7pm seating...wonder how this will work with the shows as we want to see them all. Do you think this is a good time or should I do the mtd?

Thanks!

Hi Sue,

Thanks for doing this review. We are so excited to do the same cruise in September. Can you answer a few questions?

Do you have the weekly planner that shows all shows/activities? They usually give it to you the first day (one page)?

What time was the captains night where he comes out in the promenade?

Dinner time...we have booked the 7pm seating...wonder how this will work with the shows as we want to see them all. Do you think this is a good time or should I do the mtd?

Thanks!

Hi I have all the compasses - will look to see if I have the weekly planner - I think I have !

Captains night was first formal night which was Monday his welcome aboard reception is at 8pm - we had 7pm dinner - we didn't get the photo opportunity but I didn't really wanted it anyway - but we wandered onto the promenade at about 8.30 pm ish - and managed to get a glass of free champers and they were just starting his introduction and got to hear his speech

I Liked being at 7pm dinner - we got to see all the shows etc because they usually do later ones like Saturday Night Fever was 9pm on the Wednesday - so had dinner - went to cafe prom for a coffee - uggg ! then onto the theatre

Please feel free to ask any questions you like.

regards

sue

Hi I have all the compasses - will look to see if I have the weekly planner - I think I have !

Captains night was first formal night which was Monday his welcome aboard reception is at 8pm - we had 7pm dinner - we didn't get the photo opportunity but I didn't really wanted it anyway - but we wandered onto the promenade at about 8.30 pm ish - and managed to get a glass of free champers and they were just starting his introduction and got to hear his speech

I Liked being at 7pm dinner - we got to see all the shows etc because they usually do later ones like Saturday Night Fever was 9pm on the Wednesday - so had dinner - went to cafe prom for a coffee - uggg ! then onto the theatre

Please feel free to ask any questions you like.

Thanks Sue. Would love to hear any other suggestions. Sounds like 7pm dinner should be fine.

Hi MaggieQ

We loved Saturday Night Fever - in my opinion the best show I have seen at sea ever !

But then again I have only done 3 cruises - but I have seen a lot of musicals on land and it ranks up there with the best.

And do try the almond biscuits in the Pizza place on board - they are free and they are to die for - wasn't keen on the pizza but the biscuits well worth it - what am I am saying worth it - they are Free ! any more queries just ask

regards Sue x