Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

What are the tables and chairs below the Skywalk--looks like they might be on the Promenade deck. Just for sitting or part of food or drink service?

(We'll be a few decks above looking out on them.)

What are the tables and chairs below the Skywalk--looks like they might be on the Promenade deck. Just for sitting or part of food or drink service?

(We'll be a few decks above looking out on them.)

There are two of these large sitting areas, one outside of Facets on the starboard side and the other outside of Crooners on the port side. There are several groupings of four chairs with a table. I don't imagine there is an active beverage service, just bring yours from whatever is the closest bar, and no food service.

I am also looking for some comments on the Trident grill BBQ menu.

I made some comments on the BBQ menu, but is several pages back now, and I can't be bothered to look for it. So....

The menu was available after 6.30pm. It contained Route 66 chilli, spare ribs, pulled pork and a few other items.

I had the chilli one night and pork another, however both items were also available in Horizon court on several nights. The food was ok, tasty enough, but nothing special. I wouldn't go out of my way in the future to have it again, but am not unhappy that I tried it.

I made some comments on the BBQ menu, but is several pages back now, and I can't be bothered to look for it. So...

It was about the same comments...

Yes, I tried the route 66 chilli one night, and the pulled pork another. While perfectly edible and tasty I would not go out of my way again to have them as it was nothing 'special'. They also served those 2 items in the Horizon court a few times. Did not try the other things like the ribs - and I didn't get a picture of the menu for the other items.

The BBQ items are available every night after 6.30pm.

I made some comments on the BBQ menu, but is several pages back now, and I can't be bothered to look for it. So....

The menu was available after 6.30pm. It contained Route 66 chilli, spare ribs, pulled pork and a few other items.

I had the chilli one night and pork another, however both items were also available in Horizon court on several nights. The food was ok, tasty enough, but nothing special. I wouldn't go out of my way in the future to have it again, but am not unhappy that I tried it.

While not a great fan of pulled pork, I could eat ribs twice a day, every day. Trident grill, start barbecuing! :D

Can I ask how they lock it? Also what type of itinerary did you book it for? We did a balcony on our Alaska one and used it quite a bit during the scenic sailing.

I have no idea how they lock the forward facing cabin balcony doors. I am hoping someone on this thread who has a room like this comments on it before our cruise in January.

If there are going to be any changes in this long-standing Elite Perk, it will come at the end of October 2013. My 10/29 cruise is my "laundry cruise" when I'll turn Elite. Anyone remember back when Platinum got those perks? As I was just about to turn Platinum they introduced Elite and those perks went along! :( I feel like ole Joe B. from Dogpatch! Black cloud over my head! :eek:

My first cruise as Elite was my B2B in December so I wouldn't be surprised if they start changing perks on me either:eek:.

My first cruise as Elite was my B2B in December so I wouldn't be surprised if they start changing perks on me either:eek:.

So funny, but true for me as well. The internet package for Platinum used to be so much better and just before I turned Platinum, the plans changed, lol. I'm only four cruises away from Elite, so yep, there will probably be a change. :D

If there are going to be any changes in this long-standing Elite Perk, it will come at the end of October 2013. My 10/29 cruise is my "laundry cruise" when I'll turn Elite. Anyone remember back when Platinum got those perks? As I was just about to turn Platinum they introduced Elite and those perks went along! :( I feel like ole Joe B. from Dogpatch! Black cloud over my head! :eek:

As long as they don't change them prior to my cruise :eek: We will be doomed if we don't have our free laundry!! I think that the laundry staff is going to be kept extra busy on the TA - there seems to be a lot of Elite passengers on this cruise.

So funny, but true for me as well. The internet package for Platinum used to be so much better and just before I turned Platinum, the plans changed, lol. I'm only four cruises away from Elite, so yep, there will probably be a change. :D

What is it that you doom and gloomers expect to change? Nothing has really changed; especially for Plats. When the internet stopped being unlimited, it was for everyone; Elites too. Only full suite occupants retained that perk and they too now only have a specified package.

Other than this, nothing has changed since its inception; 2004.

What is it that you doom and gloomers expect to change? Nothing has really changed; especially for Plats. When the internet stopped being unlimited, it was for everyone; Elites too. Only full suite occupants retained that perk and they too now only have a specified package.

Thanks, Pia! :D

I was also wondering where this came from.

There have been no hints from Princess, unlike Celebrity that keeps saying their (already limited) rewards program will change "soon".

Sorry, I was just joking.

My understanding on the Royal is that full suites do not have free Internet... Unless the resident is Platinum or higher.

Suite do not have unlimited free internet no matter your status or ship.

Mike:)

Larry, my first Princess cruise was in 1984 when it was still part of Sitmar, or just being taken over. We didn't get free laundry until our Pacific Princess cruise in 2004 and at that time we were at #23. We also placed 3rd most traveled on the first leg, and didn't even qualify for the Captain's lunch on the 2nd. These things one remembers.

Pia! Yup, I guess one WOULD remember stuff like that. Perhaps Princess is remembering stuff like that now, with their new and improved "frequent floater" perks and the new Medallion level to get folks higher, faster!;)

Yes the 11/3 M&G and we are the Vikings fans, remember? So glad you got your Dolpin shirt ready to go for our 11/3 M&G.

Ah yes, the Vikings lover(s)! :) I was looking at an out-of-date signup sheet, I guess. Didn't see your "handle" on it. I need to go out and get me a new list from Reg and see what she has. I don't think Bill or Marty have made their lists available publicly as yet. Which is fine as I know they are both very dedicated to their host jobs! :D

Suite do not have unlimited free internet no matter your status or ship.

One exception - if the suite was booked before Princess removed this perk, free Internet was grandfathered in and will be provided. This change in suite perks is why I will not book suites on future Princess cruises

One exception - if the suite was booked before Princess removed this perk, free Internet was grandfathered in and will be provided. This change in suite perks is why I will not book suites on future Princess cruises

Yes free internet for suite occupants was removed a year ago this month.

We have a cruise coming up next month that was grandfathered since we booked before July 2012.

I guess no one on the ship is posting their current cruise and updates - boo! I will be on 7/5 and will at least contribute some meaningful updates.

I share your frustration and hope that you will post some news/opinions on the ship.

I guess no one on the ship is posting their current cruise and updates - boo! I will be on 7/5 and will at least contribute some meaningful updates.
I was hoping someone would post from the first Med cruise to carry on the great work from this thread but they must be too busy enjoying the Royal and the ports ;) I will be looking forward to your posts and impressions :)

I will wait for your updates. Are you going to continue here or start your own thread? Either way, looking forward to your opinions and comments.:)

Have a wonderful cruise.:):)

Archived