Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Where are these photos? How are you able to tell that L107/108 are substantially larger than M107/108? Please do share the link. The balcony space on Marina deck (the space over the bridge wings) is huge! It would be very windy while underway, but that is a lot of private balcony space. From looking at the deck plans, L107/108 seem to be nearly the same size at M107/108. Please do share! Thanks!!

Hank1468,

Photos of L107 have just been posted on cruisedeckplans.com. This mini suite looks great. It is two separate rooms and a large balcony that has the door on the side so has access during sea days. I am very pleased I changed my booking. Anne

In Venice, pretty beat but upbeat....eight hours of flying. I got stuck next to someone who needed to pay for a second seat. He kept shoving his laptop bag into my leg space and spilled his upper body way over the armrest into me. Got to watch two movies, so that was good.

. Checked the bags near the people mover for 14 Euros and took our carry-ons to the B&B. St. Marks awaits, boarding tomorrow.

Bernadette

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In Venice, pretty beat but upbeat....eight hours of flying. I got stuck next to someone who needed to pay for a second seat. He kept shoving his laptop bag into my leg space and spilled his upper body way over the armrest into me. Got to watch two movies, so that was good.

. Checked the bags near the people mover for 14 Euros and took our carry-ons to the B&B. St. Marks awaits, boarding tomorrow.

Bernadette

Wow soooooo exciting for you Bernadette. Venice is so lovely, we enjoyed it immensely last October when we were there on our Crown Princess cruise.

Have a wonderful time, and if you can let us know how things are while you're on the ship, that would be great. If you cannot, that is fine, but we'd love to hear from you once you're back. :D

Bernadette

Bernadette

That has happened to me.

One woman kept asking me if she could put the armrest up. It took everything I had not to say "Sure, if you want to reimburse me for half the price of my seat because what you want is to sit on half of my seat." (I actually just said no.)

Anyways, you're there now and Venice is beautiful.

Enjoy your cruise!

Bernadette

Glad you made it to Venice, Was it 14 Euros per bag at the 'left baggage'?

Have fun and looking forward to hearing how you enjoy.

Hank1468,

Photos of L107 have just been posted on cruisedeckplans.com. This mini suite looks great. It is two separate rooms and a large balcony that has the door on the side so has access during sea days. I am very pleased I changed my booking. Anne

These corner mini-suites are like full suites (without the perks, of course) in terms of square footage. Glad I booked one for next year!!!

The bags were seven euros each....per 24 hours. We check out of B&B, in the morning,head over to Piazzelle Roma- get our bags and head over to ship. We have tix for the Peggy Guggenheim Museum for tomorrow.

No glimpse of the Royal as we walked from Ferrovia to Rialto and then to St. Marks Square today.

On the way there was shopping. I saw a Pandora place and went in. They have a new gondola charm I saw and wanted, so it seemed so fitting to bring it home from a Venice visit.

There's a passport one also, so I might try to get that in Rome.

We went inside St. Marks last year, but it was so worth seeing again. Pre booking for one Euro each let us sail into the church skipping the Very. Long. Line..

After, First lemon gelato of the trip, yum!

We knew Royal had arrived because there were plenty of people with Princess bags in St. Marks Square and tours. We then felt worn out, so we activated our 24 hour vaporetto passes... and took the long long ride up and down the canal. we got off at Piazelle Roma, went to the Coop Market right there and got sandwich fixings, because we are officially happily exhausted. I've never done a live from before & being platinum I do get minutes- so it should work out.

Last summers Grand Med Ruby trip, we bought three bottles of wine at COOP. Two tasted like turpentine, Blech....so there are two bottles of my favorite Moscato in my big bag. Gotta find a private space to get them out and into my carrying to comply with the wine policy.

No problem getting into St. Marks with skirt just above knee. I added short sleeved sweater to cover my bare arms.

Happy 4th of July from Venice.

Bernadette

ImageUploadedByForums1372960429.924826.jpg.955aff915b7a0feed44866025e47448a.jpg

Last summers Grand Med Ruby trip, we bought three bottles of wine at COOP. Two tasted like turpentine, Blech....so there are two bottles of my favorite Moscato in my big bag. Gotta find a private space to get them out and into my carrying to comply with the wine policy..,

Bernadette

Bernadette, There have been no reports of enforcement of the new wine policy in European ports as of yet. Will be interested to see your experience in Venice.

Bernadette

Have a wonderful time. We sailed from Venice last year and it certainly has to be the most exciting sailaway port! Sailing past all those historic buildings took my breath away.

The bags were seven euros each....per 24 hours. We check out of B&B, in the morning,head over to Piazzelle Roma- get our bags and head over to ship. We have tix for the Peggy Guggenheim Museum for tomorrow.

No glimpse of the Royal as we walked from Ferrovia to Rialto and then to St. Marks Square today.

On the way there was shopping. I saw a Pandora place and went in. They have a new gondola charm I saw and wanted, so it seemed so fitting to bring it home from a Venice visit.

There's a passport one also, so I might try to get that in Rome.

We went inside St. Marks last year, but it was so worth seeing again. Pre booking for one Euro each let us sail into the church skipping the Very. Long. Line..

After, First lemon gelato of the trip, yum!

We knew Royal had arrived because there were plenty of people with Princess bags in St. Marks Square and tours. We then felt worn out, so we activated our 24 hour vaporetto passes... and took the long long ride up and down the canal. we got off at Piazelle Roma, went to the Coop Market right there and got sandwich fixings, because we are officially happily exhausted. I've never done a live from before & being platinum I do get minutes- so it should work out.

Last summers Grand Med Ruby trip, we bought three bottles of wine at COOP. Two tasted like turpentine, Blech....so there are two bottles of my favorite Moscato in my big bag. Gotta find a private space to get them out and into my carrying to comply with the wine policy.

No problem getting into St. Marks with skirt just above knee. I added short sleeved sweater to cover my bare arms.

Bernadette

[ATTACH]278030[/ATTACH]

So glad you are posting...no one posted from the last voyage and we get on the day you get off, and I will post also!

Bon Voyage!

Are both of you posting on this thread or are you going to start your own threads?

And THANKS to both of you! :)

Are both of you posting on this thread or are you going to start your own threads?

And THANKS to both of you! :)

Karen,

Sorry for confusion...I am not boarding until the next voyage on July 17 from Barcelona to Venice.

I plan to start a new thread.

Bernadette,

Hi, and thanks for posting while you are in vacation mode. We will be heading out in about 3 months for the TA.

Curious about your experience on the plane trip out to Venice. You are certain that your seatmate paid for a second seat? We have all heard of this but I never found anyone who actually HAD to pay that tariff.

I am a pretty big boy and am currently on a serious diet. But, was this person really THAT big? What airline and what type of plane was this?

Our trip out is on a 747 and I had no problems in economy. But the second leg is always those horrible Airbus 319. Now those seats are really tight and why is it that I do not need an extender on the 747 but I do need one on the Airbus. Last year there was no issue on BA when I asked for the extender. I sh9uold have no issue this time around because I am doing very well with the diet. But I am just so curious about this. It is a terribly embarrassing situation for all and I understand the plight of the person who is stuck next to someone who is really that obese. But was the person 250 lbs., or 300, or more than that. This is also why I tended to sit at the window and the DW would take the middle seat so there was no complaints from any seat mates.

Thanks, enjoy the trip and thanks for the heads up!

Bernadette,

Hi, and thanks for posting while you are in vacation mode. We will be heading out in about 3 months for the TA.

Curious about your experience on the plane trip out to Venice. You are certain that your seatmate paid for a second seat? We have all heard of this but I never found anyone who actually HAD to pay that tariff.

I am a pretty big boy and am currently on a serious diet. But, was this person really THAT big? What airline and what type of plane was this?

Our trip out is on a 747 and I had no problems in economy. But the second leg is always those horrible Airbus 319. Now those seats are really tight and why is it that I do not need an extender on the 747 but I do need one on the Airbus. Last year there was no issue on BA when I asked for the extender. I sh9uold have no issue this time around because I am doing very well with the diet. But I am just so curious about this. It is a terribly embarrassing situation for all and I understand the plight of the person who is stuck next to someone who is really that obese. But was the person 250 lbs., or 300, or more than that. This is also why I tended to sit at the window and the DW would take the middle seat so there was no complaints from any seat mates.

Thanks, enjoy the trip and thanks for the heads up!

LOL. What she said was she got stuck next to someone who SHOULD have paid for an extra seat.

Bernadette

[ATTACH]278030[/ATTACH]

Huh??? Looks like there is a dress code at St. Marks. Wish we had some at my church! The view of some ladies is nice, but church just is NOT the place for that look!

Larry

Have a wonderful time. We sailed from Venice last year and it certainly has to be the most exciting sailaway port! Sailing past all those historic buildings took my breath away.

Of all my cruises, sailing from Venice was by far the most breath-taking! Accompanied by the playing of Bocelli's (sp) "Farewell"

Pat

Huh??? Looks like there is a dress code at St. Marks. Wish we had some at my church! The view of some ladies is nice, but church just is NOT the place for that look!

Larry

I found the churches in Italy strict about their dress. I witnessed a friar in a church in Florence, tongue lash a young woman who was definitely inappropriately dressed (shorts and a tank top)

Pat

I found the churches in Italy strict about their dress. I witnessed a friar in a church in Florence, tongue lash a young woman who was definitely inappropriately dressed (shorts and a tank top)

Pat

YAY! Good for him! We need to remember that a church is a place of worship and reverence. No matter what the religion of that church may be, it is still God's house.

YAY! Good for him! We need to remember that a church is a place of worship and reverence. No matter what the religion of that church may be, it is still God's house.

Totally agree!!!

Archived