Florida Residents who drive to the Miami cruise port

north29

This central Florida resident needs some help, assistance and advice

for a hotel near the Miami cruise port, with parking for 14 days.

I have found some on the internet, but vague info about them even without exact locations and facilities. We always stay somewhere the day before a cruise.

Some help would be welcome

well I too live in FL and have been in this situation

if I was going on a 14 day cruise I would rent a car where I lived and drive it to Miami then turn it in and rent another for the tip home.

Parking at the port is too $$ for that many days and my experiences with off-site parking in Miami says no to that option. And I don't know of any hotel in downtown Miami that's gonna let you park for 14 days on a 1 night stay. Heck, many hotels in Miami CHARGE you to park for a one night stay!

Maybe someone will give you a lead but I don't have one. For a cruise up to a week I pay to park at the port. It is $ but safe and convenient .... I sat TOO long waiting for a shuttle on my last try of off-site parking at POM.

Yes they are quite vague until you you make your reservations I used them and I had no problems.. just don't pack the slip of paper in your luggage when you leave the ship because you will need it to cal them so they bring the shuttle to pick you up.

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Miami airport (Blue Lagoon). They have a "Stay and Cruise" package that includes 14 nights of parking and transportation to the port for two. Transportation back is usually about $20. You can arrange it at the time you go to the port.

The parking is in a covered, gate-controlled garage.

Breakfast is also included.

The rate depends on the date, but we found it reasonable with the parking included.

well I too live in FL and have been in this situation

if I was going on a 14 day cruise I would rent a car where I lived and drive it to Miami then turn it in and rent another for the tip home.

Parking at the port is too $$ for that many days and my experiences with off-site parking in Miami says no to that option. And I don't know of any hotel in downtown Miami that's gonna let you park for 14 days on a 1 night stay. Heck, many hotels in Miami CHARGE you to park for a one night stay!

Maybe someone will give you a lead but I don't have one. For a cruise up to a week I pay to park at the port. It is $ but safe and convenient .... I sat TOO long waiting for a shuttle on my last try of off-site parking at POM.

This is excellent advice.

I've tried both the renting-a-car and driving and staying at a hotel with a park and cruise package. For me, since I am solo and so I needed to park my car at the airport where I rented the car to drive to Miami, I think the cost vs. getting a hotel's park and cruise package and driving my own car was just about even. And that was just renting one way (because I was on a transatlantic and flew back into the airport where I had parked my car.)

So, depending on how you do it, renting may not be less expensive. It does save you worrying about your car being parked in Miami, I guess. And for me with the eastbound TA, I liked being able to fly into my home airport when I came back and not having to make the drive home from Miami after that long flight.

I did a park and cruise package at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for last fall's transatlantic, and it was fine. They have a parking garage with 1 floor of covered and 1 floor of open parking, so if you are lucky (I got there too late at night) you can get a covered spot, which is nice.

For my cruise this November I reserved a park and cruise package at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West as it was significantly less than the Hampton Blue Lagoon (and I think it's a step up in niceness!) It includes a buffet breakfast and 14 days parking as well as free shuttle to the Port of Miami and the airport. It was only $129 plus tax although if you are staying on a weeknight it might be more, or at another time of year.

I've tried both the renting-a-car and driving and staying at a hotel with a park and cruise package. For me, since I am solo and so I needed to park my car at the airport where I rented the car to drive to Miami, I think the cost vs. getting a hotel's park and cruise package and driving my own car was just about even. And that was just renting one way (because I was on a transatlantic and flew back into the airport where I had parked my car.)

So, depending on how you do it, renting may not be less expensive. It does save you worrying about your car being parked in Miami, I guess. And for me with the eastbound TA, I liked being able to fly into my home airport when I came back and not having to make the drive home from Miami after that long flight.

I did a park and cruise package at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for last fall's transatlantic, and it was fine. They have a parking garage with 1 floor of covered and 1 floor of open parking, so if you are lucky (I got there too late at night) you can get a covered spot, which is nice.

For my cruise this November I reserved a park and cruise package at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West as it was significantly less than the Hampton Blue Lagoon (and I think it's a step up in niceness!) It includes a buffet breakfast and 14 days parking as well as free shuttle to the Port of Miami and the airport. It was only $129 plus tax although if you are staying on a weeknight it might be more, or at another time of year.

Thanks so much for posting this. Didnt realize this Hilton Garden Inn had parking and shuttle service.

None of the hotels offering cruise parking deals will be near POM :( -- most are out near the MIA airport, which is a 15+ minute cab/shuttle ride to POM. A taxi back to your car will be closer to $25+tip.

Besides those mentioned above the MIA Embassy Suites is another good option for cruise parking deals. www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are two good sources for cruise parking deals. Good luck! :)

We stayed at Hyatt Place with quite a few of our fellow cruisers. They took us to the port and you can purchase a trip back from them for 12 dollars, quite a bargain. They have a wonderful breakfast in the morning also.

Call them to get a price for cruise and stay.

janymac:p

None of the hotels offering cruise parking deals will be near POM :( -- most are out near the MIA airport, which is a 15+ minute cab/shuttle ride to POM. A taxi back to your car will be closer to $25+tip.

Besides those mentioned above the MIA Embassy Suites is another good option for cruise parking deals. www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are two good sources for cruise parking deals. Good luck! :)

2 years ago, we stayed at Red Roof on LeJeune, across from the airport, left the car for the week, they took us to the port, but not back. It cost us $27 and a thrill drive 15 mph above the speed limit.

Archived