P&O Price Promise Radio 4 investigate

Thejuggler

I booked in April 2012 for a cruise May 2013. It counted as a 'Pre Registration' and the brochure had not yet come out.

I wrote to P&O and stated all this when I returned from the cruise when I was pretty miffed that we weren't even upgraded when all the late bookers were.

After 3 weeks all I got was a fobbing off letter.

I wonder if your fare stayed the same. We got the OBC because our cruise dropped quite a lot when they introduced the Vantage fare. I hadn't checked. so it was quite a surprise when I received the letter but if I had waited for getaway I would have had a balcony instead of an inside cabin. Won't be booking early again.:(

Having monitored P&O prices for this season I have not seen a vantage fare reduce, which is what I hoped would happen so I could get free parking etc. However getaway fares have been introduced, so I have taken the plunge and booked one today. £79.96p per night to go to the USA on a month's cruise seems good value to me.:)

Having monitored P&O prices for this season I have not seen a vantage fare reduce, which is what I hoped would happen so I could get free parking etc. However getaway fares have been introduced, so I have taken the plunge and booked one today. £79.96p per night to go to the USA on a month's cruise seems good value to me.:)

Well done to you. Exactly what P&O didnt want. Maybe one day they will realise..,,,,,,,,

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...
We booked our cruise for Oct 12 months ago and paid £899 each, the getaway price came in at £749

Today the price of our cruise is £1129 and the getaway price is £949

Seems like the vantage fare might work in our favour

I fear you are the rare exception though......

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived