Laundry service

CRUISING71

Does Celebrity offer laundry service "bag" special on 7 days cruise? On RCCL and Carnival, about mid-week, they offered a special, fit in a bag for laundry service for a flat fee. Does Celebrity have something similiar?

If your are elite, they offer a free bag of laundry on any cruise. If you are Select, on cruises of 12 days or more, there is a $20 bag special.

If your are elite, they offer a free bag of laundry on any cruise. If you are Select, on cruises of 12 days or more, there is a $20 bag special.

Just off the Equinox and it was a "special" for (as I recall) $39.00,:eek::eek::eek: not $ 20.00 which surprised me.

I'm guessing from the cruise history in the signature that the Captains Club perks don't apply. Sometimes Celebrity does offer the deal where you can fill a bag for a set price, but it doesn't happen on all cruises.

Re-read my post (above) and to be clear, there was a ship-wide laundry "stuff the bag deal" on the third to last day for something like $ 39.00... not the $ 20.00 of old.

If you pack it right, you can get your $$$ worth! I did a few pairs of pants, underwear,socks and shirts and was $30---and of course on our Silhouette cruise--next day out came the special,lol Rather fork over a bit more $$ in laundry then lug around a suitcase--or check a suitcase that can get lost or you have to wait and wait for it at the carousal! Rick steeves on his web page has an interesting way to pack!! If you plan to do your own laundry--bring your own soap--I know they did not sell it on the Silhouette this past May

Wow...$ 39. Probably has to tip too right? I might check in another bag with the airline for $25 instead.

No tip.

I spent 49 days on board recently and they didn't offer the all-you-can-stuff bag deal to everyone on any of the cruises. Once, we received a coupon for a $20 bag, but that was because we were b2bers. Although, that was the second of 4 cruises, and we never saw that offer again!?

Also, I had to wait for up to 4 days to have my laundry returned to me, on at least 3 separate occasions.

While the laundry service was great, and thankfully, it was free (other than that one $20 bag), on a shorter cruise, I would pack the extra suitcase and not depend on the chance a laundry offer would be available, or gamble on the laundry taking a long time to be returned to you.

We are sailing on the Equinox. Is there self-service laundry on that ship?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No self-serve laundry facilities on Equinox (or any Celebrity ship).

Woody

Archived