Someone who knows London -Glouchester rd

PG13

Help please, I was about to book a train to take me from Liverpool South Parkway station to Glouchester Rd station, but I was told by a co-passenger from our upcoming cruise, that Glouchester Rd. is a tube station not a train station. I googled it and it appears there is a train and also a tube station. Virgin Train says it the station I need based on the postal code. Planning for this cruise is a bit unnerving doing everything long distance. The thing is, prior to cruising we are visiting my Grandson who now lives in Liverpool, England with his Dad. Then we're going to play tourist in London and staying at the Bailey's Millinnium Hotel at 140 Glouchester Rd.

Am I correct there is such a train station?

Thank you, Pat from USA

Hi Pat,

Gloucester Road is a tube station.

Just a tube station.

Trains from Liverpool go to London's Euston station.

It is possible to buy a train ticket from Liverpool to Gloucester Road but, after arriving at Euston station, you use that train ticket on the tube to get to Gloucester Road.

Bailey's Hotel is across the road from the tube station.

There is a city called Gloucester, with a rail station, near the border with south Wales. A fine city, but you don't want to go to Gloucester. ;)

JB :)

Everyone is so helpful. I'm booking this today. I had a feeling somethig was up, that's why I posted here too. I think I let the program choose for me once I typed in the first few letters and didn't notice it changed up the spelling, which is very close. Not always a good idea to do that and this time for sure NOT!

SO very glad I didn't. Now I wonder what kind of trouble I can get myself and DH into trying to get from port to Manchester Airport. Teeheehee! :)

The only thing to add is that from Euston you would take the Victoria Line to Green Park and change on to the Piccadilly Line to Gloucester Road.

Everyone is so helpful. I'm booking this today. I had a feeling somethig was up, that's why I posted here too. I think I let the program choose for me once I typed in the first few letters and didn't notice it changed up the spelling, which is very close. Not always a good idea to do that and this time for sure NOT!

SO very glad I didn't. Now I wonder what kind of trouble I can get myself and DH into trying to get from port to Manchester Airport. Teeheehee! :)

Words - and spelling! - really does matter, and sadly a few mistakes have been made due to people not seeing the differences. Just a few weeks ago, there was the poor poster who had booked a train to Charing, Kent, instead of Charing Cross, London! And the poster who couldn't understand why it took 4 hours from Harwich to Liverpool Station... until we pointed out that it wasn't the same as Liverpool Street Station! So glad you found the mistake in time!

FWIW, Gloucester is a nice little station, pretty easy to use and certainly couldn't be more convenient for your hotel. Stayed at the Gloucester Hotel next door a few years ago. Liked the area.

FWIW, Gloucester is a nice little station, pretty easy to use and certainly couldn't be more convenient for your hotel. Stayed at the Gloucester Hotel next door a few years ago. Liked the area.

Gloucester Road, you meant to say, not Gloucester!:)

Gloucester Road, you meant to say, not Gloucester!:)

EEK! Good catch! And after my little speach about words/spelling mattering...:rolleyes: Proofreader, proofread thyself!

Archived