Serenade stranded in Rome port

Any other passengers on the current cruise wondering why we're stuck in port? For those not aboard, most passengers arrived back from Rome around 6-6:30 with no water. Water is restored but as of 1 a.m. we are still in port and Solarium pool has no water and is tied off by caution tape. All i've heard from guest services is that they are waiting on paperwork..... last captain announcement said all is well and we'd be off to sea by 11 p.m.

Any info could help.

Matt

Any other passengers on the current cruise wondering why we're stuck in port? For those not aboard, most passengers arrived back from Rome around 6-6:30 with no water. Water is restored but as of 1 a.m. we are still in port and Solarium pool has no water and is tied off by caution tape. All i've heard from guest services is that they are waiting on paperwork..... last captain announcement said all is well and we'd be off to sea by 11 p.m.

Any info could help.

Matt

Mmmmmmmm...........interesting !!!

Keep us posted. Hope all is OK.

Have a great trip :-)

Any info could help.

Matt

That is terrible. Wait now, its 1 am over there now and you won't be leaving until 11 pm?? that is 22 hours. Am i understanding you correctly? Thats along wait on paperwork.

That is terrible. Wait now, its 1 am over there now and you won't be leaving until 11 pm?? that is 22 hours. Am i understanding you correctly? Thats along wait on paperwork.

I assumed the last announcement was leaving at 11pm but when the OP posted it had just gone past this time with no further update.

I might be wrong ! Lol

I just checked on AIS and Serenade is still in Civitavecchia... hope the guys onboard make it to their next destination on time, although that seems unlikely. Also, hope whatever the problem is it is not really really serious as we sail on her in less than 3 weeks.

still in port, but we finally had a descriptive announcement from the captain today....a circuit breaker failed but was repaired yesterday. the ship has been fully fuctioning since about 8 pm last night, but they are apparently waiting on an inspection before they can leave port. newest estimate has us leaving around noon -- and still making it to the next stop on time! Hopefully we don't get a speeding ticket!!

If they run both gas turbines the Serenade can do 24+ knots.... but that isn't in economy mode by any means:eek:!

Edit: She's up to almost 23 knots now, looks like they are serious about getting there quickly. After all we don't want to see another thread about Roy Caribbean not being on time;):D!

Archived