Bayport Cruise Terminal (Houston)

napunani

The ship's transfer is a good way to get to airport. If you have a late flight they sometimes also offer tours that sightsee the disembarkation city and then drop you off at the airport. I have found these to be ideal.

However on my next cruise which disembarks in Houston, Princess is offering such a tour but only one that ends at Bush Airport. My 6pm flight leaves from Hobby and Princess is not offering any tour that ends at that airport:confused: I am very disappointed and hope this changes before we end our cruise. Otherwise I don't know any alternative than spending the whole day at airport:eek: Any suggestions?

I am also in the same boat (so to speak), Late afternoon departure from Hobby. Any help out there?

I am taking Princess transfer on November 9, 2013 and we are paying $24./person for 1 way,not $28. was told doesn't matter if it is from HOU or IAH.

You are so right. My mistake. It is $24pp and $48RT. Thanks for correcting me. ;-)

Great info..thanks!! What kind of a store is Specs? And it would be on the way??

Thanks! :-)

Spec's is a liquor store - one of the best in the area. There are several in the Houston/Galveston area.

Also carries some specialty foods.

All liquor stores in Texas can only be open from 10am to 9pm Monday through Saturday, closed on Sunday.

Spec's is a liquor store - one of the best in the area. There are several in the Houston/Galveston area.

Also carries some specialty foods.

All liquor stores in Texas can only be open from 10am to 9pm Monday through Saturday, closed on Sunday.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know about that. Wonder if they have coffee creamer also? :;)

The ship's transfer is a good way to get to airport. If you have a late flight they sometimes also offer tours that sightsee the disembarkation city and then drop you off at the airport. I have found these to be ideal.

However on my next cruise which disembarks in Houston, Princess is offering such a tour but only one that ends at Bush Airport. My 6pm flight leaves from Hobby and Princess is not offering any tour that ends at that airport:confused: I am very disappointed and hope this changes before we end our cruise. Otherwise I don't know any alternative than spending the whole day at airport:eek: Any suggestions?

I am also in the same boat (so to speak), Late afternoon departure from Hobby. Any help out there?

I wrote an email to princess customer service asking why there is no disembarkation transfer/tour that ends at Hobby. I got a phone call from a rep last week saying that they are looking into it and she will call me back on Monday but did not receive call back so far :confused:

Maybe if more people write and request, Princess will decide to do something.

I wrote an email to princess customer service asking why there is no disembarkation transfer/tour that ends at Hobby. I got a phone call from a rep last week saying that they are looking into it and she will call me back on Monday but did not receive call back so far :confused:

Maybe if more people write and request, Princess will decide to do something.

Thanks for the info I will do the same:)

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know about that. Wonder if they have coffee creamer also? :;)

The Spec's I linked looks like one of the bigger ones, so will have a nice coffee section including creamers and flavorings. It is on the way so give that address or map to your cab driver.

Nice deli and cheeses, "gourmet foods," better-than-nice wine selection. Some of their prices are better than the duty-free shops.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

The Spec's I linked looks like one of the bigger ones, so will have a nice coffee section including creamers and flavorings. It is on the way so give that address or map to your cab driver.

Nice deli and cheeses, "gourmet foods," better-than-nice wine selection. Some of their prices are better than the duty-free shops.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Great! Thanks! :)

Edited by P.A.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a serious lack of information for the Houston Cruise Terminal so far :( Here is hoping those that will be cruising out of there soon will come back and fill us in on the necessary details!

Seems like a serious lack of information for the Houston Cruise Terminal so far :( Here is hoping those that will be cruising out of there soon will come back and fill us in on the necessary details!

What details are you wanting? I have driven out there and without ships/passenger $, there's nothing to see yet right at the terminal.

Parking for 7 day cruises: $80.00 per week / $75.00 per week if prepaid.

There is no parking fee for disabled American Veterans who present appropriate documentation.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 'cause it works on iOS 7 :D

They may. The huge store in downtown Houston carries everything including imported coffee, caviar, breads, etc.

I can tell you that when I need a Stilton fix, I get a good one from one of their "smaller" satellite stores.

And the downtown Spec's carries Moxie - one of the hardest beverages to find anywhere off the East Coast.

I even found the elusive Buehler Estate Cab '04 there too, sitting on the shelf, this year. I stocked up. :D

What details are you wanting? I have driven out there and without ships/passenger $, there's nothing to see yet right at the terminal.

Guess I am looking more for info on hotels, restaurants and transportation prior to the cruise for the area. Plenty of info on that for Galveston but not so much for Houston port

Guess I am looking more for info on hotels, restaurants and transportation prior to the cruise for the area. Plenty of info on that for Galveston but not so much for Houston port

I do wish that the hotels would pick up the ball and publish their shuttle info. Some are offering free parking and shuttle service for Hobby Airport and the cruise terminal, others will shuttle to the Port but not the airport.

Here are some links:

http://www.visithoustontexas.com/thi...o/attractions/

http://spacecenter.org/

http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

http://www.clearlakehotels.com/

Edited by sminfiddle

I can tell you that when I need a Stilton fix, I get a good one from one of their "smaller" satellite stores.

And the downtown Spec's carries Moxie - one of the hardest beverages to find anywhere off the East Coast.

I even found the elusive Buehler Estate Cab '04 there too, sitting on the shelf, this year. I stocked up. :D

Moxie :eek: i would rather drink battery acid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

They have not even started yet. The port is in an isdustrial area, nothing real close. You have to go a bit north or south to get anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Moxie :eek: i would rather drink battery acid.

Suit yerself, just don't spill any battery acid on me when we toast!

I get my son a six of Moxie at the Spec's every now and then, and his Future Mother-In-Law tends to steal it. There's folks out there who like it more than I do. (They tend to be Yankees...)

The point was, Spec's has all sorts of stuff...

You know when you're in caribbean ports you can sometimes hire a guide who picks you up at the pier, takes you around to interesting sites, parks, architecture, tells you stories, maybe a lunch at a great affordable local find, and brings you back to the ship.

Does anyone know of something like this that is not outrageously expensive for 2 adults, 2 almost adult/teen boys who don't want to sit for hours on the transfer/sightseeing bus the cruiseline offers to get from airport to ship and at the end of the cruise from ship to airport? We arrive at IAH as the birds are barely starting to chirp at 4:30 a.m. and of course have all day to get to the cruiseship at Bayport terminal. At the end of the cruise our flight isn't until 5:30 p.m. We are cruising over New Years.

The cruiseline does have an excursion to get to the airport that includes the space center for $89 - that's $360 for the 4 of us! I know a cab direct airport to port is about $100, so I figure somewhere between these 2 amounts we should be able to see the highlights of Houston and keep us all interested on the day of arrival &/or the day of departure.

The 18 year old loves shopping (but has no$) and the 20 year old is Mr. Outdoor adventure who loves climbing and hiking. He might be interested in the space center. Is there a factory outlet mall or somewhere that would have cool skaterboy type teen clothes for a great price and an REI outdoor type store? Or is there a cool indoor climbing wall? The challenge is of course having all our luggage with us. My DH is into vintage english motorbikes so a vintage (non-harley) bike museum would be a hit too. Keep in mind the transportation challenges of not spending a fortune in taxis. Tall order eh? Thanks for all ideas including a not to be missed easy to get to restaurant for lunch on both arrival and departure days. We arrive and leave on a Saturday. Are there any amazing outdoor markets? Luggage still a challenge :-)

Edited by kluv2cruz

I am also worried about parking. With Norwegian and princess are both there, it seems like 800 spots is not going to cut it.

I am in Houston leaving on January 4th. And I don't think that Park&Cruise lots will be up and running yet, especially without very much data on the parking market.

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Why don't you contact a local Limo service? They could possibly set a price to drive you around most of the day.

Problem with arriving at 4:30 am is nothing opens until 9 or 10am.

Good luck:)

thanks Galveston Cruiser.

We arrive at IAH as the birds are barely starting to chirp at 4:30 a.m. and of course have all day to get to the cruiseship at Bayport terminal. At the end of the cruise our flight isn't until 5:30 p.m. We are cruising over New Years.

Glad to hear you are departing late on the day the ship gets back. In Galveston (which we've cruised out of the past two years in the first week of January), fog can be a big factor, and I imagine it will be for Houston too as I think you have to use the same channel to get into the port area. On last year's cruise, we were delayed 7 hours coming in - did not dock until 2 PM, so folks with flights out of IAH 4 PM or earlier were in a bind.