Carnival Liberty Eastern Review 2013

It really must have been a rough day as I too took a Bonine since I wasn't feeling so great. I'm sure downing lots of food, including Guy's burgers, didn't help. Now I know what I did that afternoon--I napped quite a bit from the Bonine. It was supposed to be non-drowsy but it wiped me out.

Looks like a nice ship. We sail exclusively from Manhattan (live 20 minutes from cruise port) so we probably won't ever sail on the Liberty, so I enjoy reading reviews and looking at pictures of the different ships. I want to sail on a Guy's Burger ship SO BAD! :p Didn't do the brunch on either Miracle or Splendor, but it's definitely on my list for our Feb, 2014 cruise. Thanks for sharing this. You have a lovely family. :);)

Fantastic review so far! Sorry you didn't win the Master Mixologist contest... AGAIN! ;) But hey, at least you've been picked to participate so many times and now that you've got that down, maybe next time you'll win!

Hi, Kelly and Dave.

Nice meeting you on Board. We had a blast all week long also. The MC group is a great group we were happy to sail with. Enjoying your review and photos. Brings us right back to being on Board. Also this was the 1st time we were on the Lido Deck 9252 inside it is a great place to be. Take care and hope to meet again someday.

Keith and Shelley

That was one of the best reviews i have ever seen in a long time. My wife and I are also going on the same cruise in November. We also have FTTF. How or where did you have to report to get on the tender for Halfmoon Cay?

That was one of the best reviews i have ever seen in a long time. My wife and I are also going on the same cruise in November. We also have FTTF. How or where did you have to report to get on the tender for Halfmoon Cay?

Thanks so much! Sorry we did not get to add more yesterday--we'll catch up today:D

When we were ready to tender to HMC, we just walked to the theater where normal tendering was happening (they had already been tendering for some time--we didn't want to be in the island first). They hand out stickers with a tender number on them and then you sit on the couches until called. Because we had FTTF, they told us to go stand directly where the next tender was lining up (no sticker needed). So we did and were on the next tender boat. They also made an announcement when the tender boat was ready that any Platinum of FTTF people could tender over immediately.

Hi, Kelly and Dave.

Nice meeting you on Board. We had a blast all week long also. The MC group is a great group we were happy to sail with. Enjoying your review and photos. Brings us right back to being on Board. Also this was the 1st time we were on the Lido Deck 9252 inside it is a great place to be. Take care and hope to meet again someday.

Keith and Shelley

Hi guys!! Glad you found our review:o So nice talking to you over the week. Hope you are settling back in at home!

Hi again! Sorry for the delay. It is truly amazing how unproductive I can be now that I'm on summer break--I am pushing the limits of doing nothing to the absolute extreme:p

We woke up today and hit the Lido for the buffet--mistake! This was the only time I ate there (I think) and it was annoying. I stood in 4 lines and every time it was my turn at the french toast pan, they ran out. Someone was about to get hurt! Thankfully, I had some in the dining room later in the week. Today I had to suffer through some other random pickings.

We were originally going to taxi to Sapphire Beach but after 3 days in the sun we were kind of tired and sunned out. I was also nervous that the kids would be bored because it had been choppy and you can't really wade at Sapphire--steep drop. It's more of a snorkel spot.

We thought about switching to Magen's Bay but ultimately decided to just walk around the port and shop some. It was overcast and we didn't want to get all the way out there and have it rain.

100_2743.jpg

100_2750.jpg

Senor Frogs at the port--we walked by but there was nothing going on. Pool looks straight out of a horror show--GREEN!!

100_2748.jpg

Love how Dave didn't get the words in here!

100_2753.jpg

100_2756.jpg

Once back on board, we ate lunch (Guy's, of course!) and grabbed a spot at the Lido Deck. This was actually a great afternoon--we read and enjoyed the lack of chaos out there. The kids walked around, swam, did Camp Carnival activities. Very relaxed!

I have to give a shout out again to the live music out on deck. The guitarists know a ton of popular songs and I so enjoyed just hanging out and listening to them. They're on You Tube as well! (Andy Ferguson)

I think we ate late at Lido tonight. A few of the nights just didn't sound appealing so we skipped the long dinner in favor of something more casual.

The entertainment staff hosted a Mardi Gras party tonight in the atrium. This is probably not the best place for an event like this because there really isn't a lot of room. They played the usual line dance songs but we had to leave the dance floor because we were getting bumped/stepped on. I applaud the idea but it was just too crazy.

I think we might have watched some of the NBA games on the big screen instead and had some late night snacks. Fun night regardless!

Day 5--San Juan

I have to say that San Juan is my least favorite port. There is nothing special or unique about it. Its just a big city. There aren't very many excursions and some of them seem kind of made up--like riding ATV's. We have already seen the forts and have done a segway tour (which I would highly recommend though!).

Our plan for the day was to take it easy, easier than the previous day. The weather wasn't that great either--lots of rain showers off and on.

We ventured out into the old city to do some tourist shopping. I tell you if you have seen one tourist shop you have seen them all. All of the stuff is made in China too. We spent about an hour or so wandering around the old city. I like the old city, but it seems to be nothing but tourist shops. They did give out shopping maps, but I would have liked a map to show places of interest.

Anyways here are some pictures of the old city.

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

Day 5 San Juan Continued

After lunch, which included Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina Tacos, we walked around the ship. One of the benefits of not going out on a port day is that you pretty much have the ship to yourself. I mean there was no one on board. I really like how quiet and laid back everything is. So this was a bonus for my least favorite port. Here are some pictures of the ship.

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

San Juan continued

I did manage to go up on deck for the sail away.

For dinner we hit the MDR again. I think I had the lamb shanks this night. They were very good with lots of juice/sauce. Almost like a stew with root vegetables to go along with them.

They had the Blue Iguana deck party this night. It was a lot of fun. I'll have some pictures below. They spend about 30 minutes playing music, 30 minutes giving stuff out (dancing & music going on), and about 30 minutes of the cruise director and staff leading various dances and getting everyone going. I really enjoyed the vibe of the deck party--sitting out on deck at the bar with music and dancing. I'm pretty sure the party went until about 2 am or close to it. They did serve chips and salsa at the Blue Iguana cantina.

Let me take a moment to say something about our cruise director Karl with a K. I like this guy alot--he is the real deal. He comes off as very genuine, warm, caring, and funny. He always seems to be having a good time and making sure that everyone is having a good time. He's not putting his time in at all, he really seems like someone who truly enjoys their job.

Here are a few pictures from the deck party.

IMG_2697.jpg

Son in the costume

IMG_2698.jpg

This info is so helpful. Perfect!!! Just like you I don't want to be out on that first tender but I also have FTTF fun :)

Caro

Thanks so much! Sorry we did not get to add more yesterday--we'll catch up today:D

When we were ready to tender to HMC, we just walked to the theater where normal tendering was happening (they had already been tendering for some time--we didn't want to be in the island first). They hand out stickers with a tender number on them and then you sit on the couches until called. Because we had FTTF, they told us to go stand directly where the next tender was lining up (no sticker needed). So we did and were on the next tender boat. They also made an announcement when the tender boat was ready that any Platinum of FTTF people could tender over immediately.

Archived