Don't Judge Me....

thatsonofa

The last few muster drills we experienced. We sat in chairs in the shade or they were held indoors.

All passengers must attend the safety briefing. They agree to do so when they purchase a cruise ticket.

It would be easy to get buzzed, bombed, stoned, drunk or whatever they want to call it. Before the safety drill.

There are always annoying people on cruises. As long as they are not too annoying to very many people no one will care.

They also agreed to not bring any alcohol on board except for the authorized 1 bottle of wine per person and we see how often that rule is followed. :rolleyes:

That you don't consider it to be important doesn't mean that it isn't. There are some things that need to be taken seriously. Safety being at the top of the list.

The muster drill won't be important to you until the day there's a real emergency and you have no clue where your muster station even is. It can truly mean the difference between life and death.

I totally agree. It is sad that some folks consider this an inconvenience. We awoke at 3 am one morning while at sea on the Carnival Splendor to the sound of the muster and told to report to our stations. Fortunately, we had an appropriate muster drill on that trip and people reported to their muster locations without any noted incidents. Sadly, no one in the crew showed up along our area, and, according to others we met on the cruise, not in their areas either. As we waited for someone to show, the captain came over the loudspeaker and announced that there was a fire in the kitchen in the refrigeration area, but it was under control, and to go back to our cabins. After that Carnival told us a variety of different stories of what it REALLY was, but we were glad anyway that all turned out well. We continued on our way.

I guess some may not realize how important this drill is until they are in a similar situation, or worse. People and cruise lines are wrong to diminish the importance of this.

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but we've been at a few muster drills where a group has been "buzzed" and wouldn't shut up. This delayed the start of the muster drill for all of us. It's not fun being packed against the wall in the heat.

That's why I try to be one of the last people to show up for muster drill.

The only reason I dont agree with the OP is I dont have the bladder for it anymore... I hate dancing during the drill ;)

I totally agree there is a big difference between buzzed and ruined.

If you squat on the spot during muster you went too far :eek:

DOD is on my things to do list.... wait it is my list

You really made me laugh! thanks!

because I have a personal goal to have a buzz before the muster drill...

Just sayin.... :cool:

I won't judge you, but I may join you! ;)

LOL! I think that's the goal of most passengers who drink on the ship. And thanks for getting the name of the drill correct. I recall someone posting here the "mustard" drill. Everyone got a laugh and a few ribbings in.

Here we go again! *sigh*. The OP was obviously just having fun but as usual the "CC Angels" have flown over on their "golden wings" to preach to the poor, sinner that is the OP. Can't have a thread without the "perfect" folks showing up to lecture the immature, misguided poster.

Just as sure as water is wet, the goodie to shoes are always lurking to show their "superior" intellect.

Buzzed does not mean drunk and obnoxious folks. How 'bout you fogies start your cruise off with your Boston iced tea and mind your business while I sip on a couple of them tasty Iced teas from Long Island!! Thanks for listening folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love reading post on Carnival here. So far, I read that some people think it's funny to be drunk at a safety drill, that so many others think it is a joke and go for it. Than of course there is the person that thinks old people can't handle things. All the people that are hiding in rooms and think it is ok.

People always ask me why I don't go on a Carnival cruise......and I just tell them to read cruise critic under Carnival for all the reasons.

I love reading post on Carnival here. So far, I read that some people think it's funny to be drunk at a safety drill, that so many others think it is a joke and go for it. Than of course there is the person that thinks old people can't handle things. All the people that are hiding in rooms and think it is ok.

People always ask me why I don't go on a Carnival cruise......and I just tell them to read cruise critic under Carnival for all the reasons.

Well stay out of Salvation Army stores where there's a wrecking ball around. Some guy caused several deaths because he was under the influence while operating heavy equipment. Stay out of your car, drunk drivers are every where. I'm sure there's plenty who dodge the muster drill on other cruise lines.

I wonder about the naivete of some posters who think this could only happen on Carnival. Come on Man!

Wow this turned into a great thread!!! I have so many posts I would like to comment on, but there are too many! :)

To all the people that are going to join me..... YAY!!! I love company!

I love that people get waaaaaaay too serious on message boards. People, get your panties/depends out of a wad. BTW, to the comment that I sound young and immature... I am 31 and very mature. Would it be wrong for me to say that by you assuming that I am "young and immature" you sound old and bitter that life has passed you by? It would be wrong, and I would never say that.....:cool:

I never skip muster drills, and never will. I will be buzzed while I am there though.

Well why not.

I've been there a few times, although I can't say it's one of my goals.

The last few years I've only been doing Carnival for our (open bar!) annual dudes cruise, so staying sober before the muster drill is usually the challenge.

As I recall, the first year we did the open bar package (2010 on Sensation) we got so drunk that we didn't even make it to our muster station. We were all destroyed before we even left port. I think the crew sensed that we had no business at a lifeboat drill and most of them just left us to our wanderings around the Waterworks deck. We did eventually happen onto a muster station (the one on Lido), although it wasn't ours. :D

EDIT:

This thread got me reminiscing about those past booze cruises. I found this post from my Sensation review that year:

"Why did they get rid of the old pool? I liked the old pool! Couldn’t the slides and the pool have lived together in harmony?"

No one else would know what this meant, so I kept it to myself.

I heard someone jabbering over the intercom about muster stations. We were indeed missing the muster drill. I followed the rest of the group down to the Lido Deck. It was a muster station after all; there was a fair chance that it was ours. I assumed that if I showed up there as the ship sank they would probably let me on a life boat.

"No splitting hairs over where my Sail and Sign card says that I should be. This is an emergency man!"

It's not at all unusual for folks to have Welcome Aboard Drinks on Carnival and other cruise lines prior to the muster drill! :)

If cruise lines had a problem with folks drinking prior to the muster drill, they would not be selling drinks at bars ... and in some cases ,,, leaving glasses of champagne in cabins & and the mini bar ready.

LuLu

~~~~

Let me get this straight, you still read the Carnival board to convince yourself not to go. Maybe a possible case of misery likes company or to feel better about your decision?. Life is short, spend time doing what you love and what matters. There are many places many of us don't want to be for various reason (possibly any line you are on) but some are really smart enough not to waste their time and energy there. Maybe that's the LIFE's lesson you have missed out, seek out that which make you better not bitter, accepting not judgmental. R-U-havin-fun-yet or you missed the FUN ship in 2010?

After the liquor wears off the drunk will become sober and even be better, what cure is there for you? Maybe stop reading the Carnival board and find your fun in 2013.

Here we go again! *sigh*. The OP was obviously just having fun but as usual the "CC Angels" have flown over on their "golden wings" to preach to the poor, sinner that is the OP. Can't have a thread without the "perfect" folks showing up to lecture the immature, misguided poster.

Just as sure as water is wet, the goodie to shoes are always lurking to show their "superior" intellect.

Buzzed does not mean drunk and obnoxious folks. How 'bout you fogies start your cruise off with your Boston iced tea and mind your business while I sip on a couple of them tasty Iced teas from Long Island!! Thanks for listening folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen! I almost wet my pants. :) lol

If you don't want to go, just stay in your cabin.

Somebody on this site used to do it all the time.

I think they would all hide out in the bathroom when they came around and checked.

I stayed in my cabin during my last cruise, because I had a terrible migraine headache. Those muster drills are too long. I know they are important but getting a buzz first isn't a bad idea actually to help you get through it.

And get disembarked from the ship from doing so.

If you don't want to go, just stay in your cabin.

Somebody on this site used to do it all the time.

I think they would all hide out in the bathroom when they came around and checked.

Well in the case the OP definitely won't have to worry about you judging their buzz. Go fun ships!!:D

Bingo!

that you don't consider it to be important doesn't mean that it isn't. There are some things that need to be taken seriously. Safety being at the top of the list.

The muster drill won't be important to you until the day there's a real emergency and you have no clue where your muster station even is. It can truly mean the difference between life and death.

Archived