Pride..After April 27 2014??

IMKTDQT810

I have been calling "Just about" every day (okay...okay...yes...It's ME...I DO call daily) to find out when the prices for summer 2014 will be out. Still nothing. Thank goodness I get different folks each day...but I really want to know what prices I will be looking at. My plan is to book after Jan of next year but DH gets to pick which ship (pride or GOS) and he is money motivated to be swayed one line over the other....so I'm being hopeful.

My understanding is that the EPA is requiring ships to have scrubbers installed for polution control in the Bay. Carnival has asked for an exemption, but so far not getting it. Two other lines sailing out of Baltimore have agreeed to test scrubbers on their ships, so they have an exemption granted. Carnival has not. As of now, its a stalemate. Some people have speculated that Carnival is trying to get the Port of Baltimore to reduce fees, to off set the cost of the scrubbers. I think it is still up in the air whether Carnival continues sailing from Baltimore based on this issue

Previous post from Mischelle on Carnival FB Page.....I'm afraid that I don't have the information you are requesting. We have been given dates several times and those have all been extended.

It was suggested yesterday that my posting of those "expected release dates" was just making the wait worse.

So at this time we are still waiting for the release of the new itineraries and we will advise as soon as we have additional information

Archived