Tour company recommendations?

sjde

I have the same question for Monte Carlo. I've searched this board and haven't found any recommendations for private tour guides. The ship excursion that is all day and includes Nice, Eze and the Formula 1 circuit (big deal for DH), but the tour is almost $200 per person. For that price, I'd rather just hire a private tour or share a private tour with another couple on the ship.

I have the same question for Monte Carlo. I've searched this board and haven't found any recommendations for private tour guides. The ship excursion that is all day and includes Nice, Eze and the Formula 1 circuit (big deal for DH), but the tour is almost $200 per person. For that price, I'd rather just hire a private tour or share a private tour with another couple on the ship.

There is quite a LOT of info on this baord re private tours..DreamTours,Revelation Tours,Sylvia, come to mind,but if you are going soon most likley they will be fully booked as thye book put a year or so. I would suggest you try Trip Advisor or Google they may be of help.Ship tours are alwyas Per Person and that is something to remember where as private tours are one price,and they seem $$$$ to most,but broken down it works out better.

and the Formula 1 circuit (big deal for DH

The Formula 1 circuit are the streets of Monaco/Monte Carlo. All a guide can do is point out the route. Outside the race, there is nothing unusual about it. You will be driving on it when you are there.

Bear in mind a private tour is about 500 to 600 euros per vehicle for up to 8 people, still better than $200 pp of course if you can get a larger party together.

We used Sylvie DiCristo for the Cannes/Monaco area and she was excellent, but I'd be very surprised if she was still available.

Bear in mind a private tour is about 500 to 600 euros per vehicle for up to 8 people, still better than $200 pp of course if you can get a larger party together.

We used Sylvie DiCristo for the Cannes/Monaco area and she was excellent, but I'd be very surprised if she was still available.

We used Sylvie too and she is excellent. I have already emailed her for 2014 for Marseilles and Monaco:D I'm hoping I'm early enough to get her;)

definitely try to see if she is available - if she's not, she will recommend other guides to you - but she is our favourite private tour guide of all time:D

• 2 weeks later...
The Formula 1 circuit are the streets of Monaco/Monte Carlo. All a guide can do is point out the route. Outside the race, there is nothing unusual about it. You will be driving on it when you are there.

Wow, that was so "helpful". I'm very familiar with what the F1 track is as we've been to many races around the world. Anyone familiar would know its more about the dynamics of the race, the history and being able to see it in person.

Guess I'll keep looking elsewhere for helpful information.

THanks for the info and I figure it can't hurt to ask. If Carnival hadn't cancelled our schedule cruise at the last minute, we wouldn't have been in the position of having to rebook our plane tickets and find a new cruise. It certainly doesn't make it easy!

We were in Monaco mid June and did a wonderful tour with Ingrid from Kultours. Very experienced guide who has a few "secret spots" that you wont find from anyone else. She is a Nice local and is happy to pick up and return from Monte Carlo. Her website is here. http://www.kultours.fr/pruk.html

If you don't mind me asking - how much did they charge?

If you don't mind me asking - how much did they charge?

Hi Lisah101

We were picked up at 8.30am and dropped back to the ship at 4.30pm. There were 4 of us and the price was 500E. I believe the price rises to 550E if there are 7 people on the tour. Ingrid is great you wont be disappointed.

Can anyone recommend a good tour company or two from Monaco and Marseilles?

From Marseille: Catherine with Tour Designers in Provence. On a previous cruise, we had booked Catherine to be our guide when we were to dock in Marseille, however we had quite a scare when my wife took ill and was rushed to off of the ship to a hospital in Perpignan. Our group still made the tour that day, and Catherine even sent a very nice bottle of Cote's du Rhone wine back with them to give to us when we re-boarded the ship.

Last April, we finally got to take a tour with her. She is so knowledgeable about the area and can give you more in depth information about each of the sites. She is also flexible to do whatever itinerary you would like to do. She met us in the port town of Toulon and was right on time. We spent the morning in the lovely seaside town of Cassis. Afterwards she took us up the hill to an overlook of the bay and town. It was very picturesque. Along the way to Aix-En-Provence we stopped at a local winery for a wine tasting of some of the local wines and it was very enjoyable. Then in Aix-En-Provence we stopped for a quick bite to eat before doing the afternoon walking tour. Aix is a beautiful town and full of history. As a University town, it was very vibrant and the perfect mix of old and new.

I'd rebook with her in a heartbeat if we return to Provence.

Archived