2 weeks to go and no cabin assignment?

PRNole47

How do cruise lines generally approach the assignment of cabins?

I'm 2 weeks out from our cruise and still have no cabin assigned. Is there a reason for these delays or is it just luck of the draw, in that some cabins may be assigned early after booking and others, like mine, somewhat later?

Not that I care, really, since my cabin class is on decks I don't mind.

HAL starts guarantee assignments about 3 weeks out and the curve peaks at about 11 or 10 days out. For 9 assignments, our earliest was at 18 days and our latest at 3 days. Our most recent was at 6 days and the rest were at 11 or 10 days.

We got our assignment on 2 days ago for our June 29th departure. i.e. 10 days before. I was told we might not get the assignment until boarding, so am very happy to have it already.

In my casr for Westerdam sailing June29th my assignment came on the 17th, so 12 days out. I got a nice upgrade from VH deck 4, my guarantee to VB on deck 6. Hang In there

Our assignment on Zuiderdam was also VH to VB on deck 6.

How do cruise lines generally approach the assignment of cabins?

I'm 2 weeks out from our cruise and still have no cabin assigned. Is there a reason for these delays or is it just luck of the draw, in that some cabins may be assigned early after booking and others, like mine, somewhat later?

Not that I care, really, since my cabin class is on decks I don't mind.

OP you should be hearing about your cabin assingnment any time now.

Have a wonderful cruise.:)

Guess I am lucky or unlucky. Have known my cabin # for the past 6 months. Will it change? Does it matter if you book directly or with a travel agent?
It doesn't matter if you booked direct or with a TA. What does matter is whether you had your reservation marked as Do Not Upgrade. If you did not specify that, you could be moved, without approval by you, right up to sailing day.

Well, 11 days out and the assignment finally came: booked a BC 30 days ago and ended up with a B cabin.

Don't see any difference other than the location is somewhat more "midship" than "aft." Either way would have been fine for me.

Archived