C-Pap machine on Alaskan Land / Sea tour

Psychedout

Has anyone been on the land tour before? My wife uses a c-pap and was wondering how others carried there c-pap machine around with having to pack 2 different bags and a backpack :confused:

Thanks,

Hugh

Not sure just how big the CPAP machine is, but mine comes apart and is about half the size without the water tank. I don't take the tank with me on the cruise. I keep this and all my meds with me in a small carry on. I never check them. ADA gives you the right to carry it on just about anything.

Not sure just how big the CPAP machine is, but mine comes apart and is about half the size without the water tank. I don't take the tank with me on the cruise. I keep this and all my meds with me in a small carry on. I never check them. ADA gives you the right to carry it on just about anything.

Thanks, my wife has a travel size c-pap, always takes the tank. With all the traveling we will be doing from lodge to lodge she was wondering how anyone carried it around along with a backpack full of meds and personal items.

The instructions from PC indicates that what we take on the busses as to fit under the seat.

Thanks,

Hugh

I have been on a number of cruises and a land tour in Australia. I always pack mine in a suitcase wrapped in a towel. I travel a lot for business and it has been in checked luggage for more than 250,000 miles. I know this is not recommended , but it has worked for me.

Thanks for all the help. We have been flying/cruising for many years and never had to being more than one suit case each, one backpack, and my DW c-pap. Now that we have to being more luggage on the land tour we were wondering how to schlepp the c-pap around.

Thanks,

Hugh:D

• 1 year later...
Thanks for all the help. We have been flying/cruising for many years and never had to being more than one suit case each, one backpack, and my DW c-pap. Now that we have to being more luggage on the land tour we were wondering how to schlepp the c-pap around.

Thanks,

Hugh:D

Hi Hugh: How did this work out with carrying the c-pap on your land tour? We have the same concern for a 2016 Alaska land tour.

Thanks

Princess told us that their policy on baggage limitations on the land tours does not apply to C-Pap machines. They will make accommodations for them as needed.

Edited by tgomfe

• 1 month later...

We were wondering the same thing about taking the bus, train etc. cannot imagine putting it in a suitcase and then having that suitcase thrown somewhere for storage. Would prefer to have it with us. I guess we will keep it in a backpack and drag it with us everywhere. Would love more info on what folks have done on the land Alaska portion of trip with the CPAP.

We were wondering the same thing about taking the bus, train etc. cannot imagine putting it in a suitcase and then having that suitcase thrown somewhere for storage. Would prefer to have it with us. I guess we will keep it in a backpack and drag it with us everywhere. Would love more info on what folks have done on the land Alaska portion of trip with the CPAP.

Really not much dragging. You only need to have it with you as you travel between lodges and/or the ship. When you arrive at a destination, you can put it in your room while you do the rest of the activities after checkin.

When we fly I carry my husband's c-pap on the plane in a back pack while he carries his camera in another one. I also have a cross body bag for on-flight essentials --Kindle, OTC meds, tissues etc. DH's tablet etc fit in his camera bag. I am assuming that we will be able do the same on the tour buses between lodges. What type of space is on the tour buses for hand luggage?

We have no issue with doing the CPAP on the plane, have done it many times. I was just concerned about the space on the train and bus, we have a wonderful carrying case that came with it and it may even fit into a backpack as well. But since they are expensive we were just wondering about the space for it on the bus and train, want to protect it. It fits easily under a plane seat so I would hope it will fit under the train seat and still leave a little room for another small backpack. Are there overheads on the bus, or room under the seat in front of you like a plane?

What type of space is on the tour buses for hand luggage?

o small items can be overhead

o some space under the sea in front of you

o can be kept in luggage area accessed from outside the bus

Are there overheads on the bus, or room under the seat in front of you like a plane?

Room under the seats on the trains is very limited. See the picture in post #10 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1727858