New to RCI - Any advice please

Only ever sailed with P&O over the last 10 years but becoming rather fed up of their pricing strategy and thinking of jumping ship next year - so to speak.

Two cruises really appeal to with RCI next year, for a number of reasons at present we can only sail from the UK, the ships concerned are Advenure of the seas and independance of the seas, all ports of call look good and the dates fit well for us, just which ship to choose.

Will we notice a difference to P&O, this is quite a brave move for us (sad I know) and want to ensure we make the right choice.

Any help/guidance etc woud be greatly appreciated - Thank you:)

Welcome to you, I have sailed with P&O on 3 occassions, but as you can see Royal is my preffered cruise line, yes you will notice some differences, but less on sailings from the UK than on sailings from other ports.

It is hard to know what will effect your cruise experience without knowing more about you, age and maybe health situations. As any cruising experience is based on a ships ability to provide the things that suit your needs.

Both ships you mention are similar in many ways, with great entertainment and from my experience good service. However I would suggest to read the many reviews on both these ships to get a better understanding of the facilities and activities onboard.

I think you will enjoy the Royal ships particularly some of the aspects that are not offered on other cruises lines, whatever you decide i hope you enjoy your cruise. :D

Only ever sailed with P&O over the last 10 years but becoming rather fed up of their pricing strategy and thinking of jumping ship next year - so to speak.

Two cruises really appeal to with RCI next year, for a number of reasons at present we can only sail from the UK, the ships concerned are Advenure of the seas and independance of the seas, all ports of call look good and the dates fit well for us, just which ship to choose.

Will we notice a difference to P&O, this is quite a brave move for us (sad I know) and want to ensure we make the right choice.

Do your research.

I would check out some of the picture reviews that are here on CC. They will give you a lot of good info.

Hi, we have cruised on P&O Azura several times, and she is a lovely ship, but my heart belongs to Indy!! In our opinion, she is a superior ship and everything about our experience was a notch above our past cruises with P&O. I am a huge fan of the Royal Promenade and because of this I felt the P&O ships lacked a 'heart' but this is only my opinion. I wouldn't knock P&O and in truth their balcony cabin was perhaps slightly better (a good layout and we were spoiled with a big C deck balcony!) and their staff were lovely and I couldn't fault anything about them..they were wonderful, but RCI are just a bit more wonderful!! I don't think you will be disappointed on Indy or Adventure :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Both Indy and Adventure are similar ships, Indy being newer and a little bigger, with a few more bells and whistles. Indy has been cruising out of England longer than Adventure if that makes a difference to you, however you really cannot go wrong with either ship.

Archived