Price reduction question

royal65

If there is a price reduction after you book, but before final payment, are you able to get the lower price? If so, I asume HAL doesn't voluntarily tell you and you have to monitor price changes, correct? Princess permits this, but it's been a while since we've sailed HAL and I don't remember. thanx

There have been several price drops on my latest cruise and each time I have rung HAL and they have honoured each one and sent me a new updated booking. I check regularly and jump on the phone immediately. I made my booking direct with HAL so do not have to go thru a TA. From what I have heard, some TA's are reticent to pass price drops on, especially if you have been quoted an all-up package price.

Having gone through lots of price drops over the last few years both before and after final payment, I can say that what the others above me have said is 100% correct.

If the price drop happens after final payment contact HAL or your TA and they can get you On Board Credit (OBC) that is equivalent to the price reduction.

We had B2B cruises this past November 25th on the Nieuw Amsterdam and 2 December on the Westerdam, and on both the price dropped $250.00 per person, after final payment. Out HAL PCC got us a total of $500.00 OBC for each cruise:D Hubby had a hard time spending it all, even after the Hotel Service Charge was taken out:)

Joanie

If the new price is "for new bookings only" you will have to cancel and re-book. That will cause any reservations you have made to be canceled, and they will have to be-rebooked if they are not sold out.

Archived