Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204 & Secret Fwd Deck

cruisehappy001

Hi Fellow Cruisers!!! A couple questions...

Does anyone have any first hand input and/or hopefully any pictures related to the following cabins: Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? :confused: We are in one of these for an upcoming Panama Canal Full Transit, and there are discrepencies on the room diagrams on the general ship info deck plans as opposed to the diagram that is shown when you are logged in and are selecting a room for online booking. Confused and curious. Hoping that these are good rooms? :confused:

Also does anyone have any good pictures of the "SECRET" Forward DOLPHIN (9th) Deck on the Island and Coral Princess. :confused: From the distant bow view pictures that I have found it looks like it has a different layout with some vertical dividers that are not present on the decks above? I was told that there are definately doors on the Dolphin Deck for the public to access this front deck, but I can't see them in the poor pictures that I have. Just want to make sure that there is access there on both the port and starboard sides! :confused:

Thanks for any input that is provided, and happy cruising to all!!!! :D

Mark

I hope that this quote from another recent thread will work and show here...

Based on the photo below, yes.

This is one of the low res pictures that I have see that makes me ask my questions. The Dolphin Deck just seems different here, thus the reason I ask so that there are no surprises! I would hope to be able to move to both sides of the ship on this front deck as it is directly next to our room!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Mark

OK, that didn't work as it did not show the picture in his post! :confused: :(

I saved the picture and will attempt to post it now with a couple others found on the web!

I think it is bedtime, just wanted to stay up for the Super Moon Viewing!!! :)

Thanks,

Mark

1119070033_IslandPrincessFront.jpg.5ad78488c988aef4253eae8a6b33f765.jpg

1673005784_IslandPrincessBow2.jpg.9618a2215da08250dab70c52fd29ee86.jpg

1715483887_IslandPrincessBow.jpg.ec4c5adbed061e386e55a1ef01df1db5.jpg

Edited by cruisehappy001

If my memory is correct, the secret deck on Dolphin forward is for the crew. They have some loungers out there for their use during their limited downtime.

The secret passenger decks forward are on Baja and Caribe decks.

I do believe passengers could access all rear decks on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin. We had a mini on Dolphin Deck on the Coral, mid-ship. I do remember the long and winding road to/fro (unlike other ships which are straight lines forward to aft)!

On my Panama Canal cruise, the Dolphin forward deck only had crew on it. One of the people on our (Caribe) deck yelled down and asked about getting onto that deck and how they could do it, and someone answered back "join the crew" lol.

I'm pretty sure the only deck with forward access are Baja and Caribe. Aloha is the Bridge and Dolphin is the crew level. I stayed in C201 on a Panana Canal trip and thought it was a great cabin and location

Thanks for the input so far on the second part of my question... It looks like the Pricess rep told me wrong that we could access that forward deck?!?

I am still curious if anyone has cruised in one of these rooms to see if they are a good choice.... I guess if we keep this room, we may have to jump up one deck for forward viewing?

Here is the first part of my question again:

Does anyone have any first hand input and/or hopefully any pictures related to the following cabins: Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? :confused: We are in one of these for an upcoming Panama Canal Full Transit, and there are discrepencies on the room diagrams on the general ship info deck plans as opposed to the diagram that is shown when you are logged in and are selecting a room for online booking. Confused and curious. Hoping that these are good rooms? :confused:

Thanks Again,

Mark

I was in D214 and I tried to find a secret forward door on the dolphin deck but only found a door that said for crew only. I did find the secret door on the Caribe Deck.

I am not sure if the crew has cabins in this area of the ship. I did notice a lot of the staff from the Lotus Spa walking towards to forward part of the ship on a daily basis.

There appears to be some sort of a galley or dish washing area near the foward elevator bank. I am not sure if the noise was bothersome to those people staying directly opposite this area. We were further down the area from this location and noise was never an issue.

Some good info so far, just checking in to see if anyone has any first hand input on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? I am bummed about the forward deck not being available to passengers on the Dolphin deck. It has been a little bit, so I thought I would bump the topic with a post. Hopefully someone missed it deep in the pages of posts. :confused:

Thanks,

Mark

Some good info so far, just checking in to see if anyone has any first hand input on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? I am bummed about the forward deck not being available to passengers on the Dolphin deck. It has been a little bit, so I thought I would bump the topic with a post. Hopefully someone missed it deep in the pages of posts. :confused:

Thanks,

Mark

Just a bump for the weekend crowd! Happy Weekend everyone! :D

Mark

As others have said, Dolphin deck forward is only accessible to the crew. This photo I took in the Panama Canal shows it pretty good. I am on Baja Deck forward. The passengers you see are below me on Caribe Deck. The crew are on Dolphin deck and spilling out onto the bow of the ship having a group photo taken:

7228432986_044a852668_z.jpg

Panama Canal: Gatun Locks by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Edited by Jasperdo

As others have said, Dolphin deck forward is only accessible to the crew. This photo I took in the Panama Canal shows it pretty good. I am on Baja Deck forward. The passengers you see are below me on Caribe Deck. The crew are on Dolphin deck and spilling out onto the bow of the ship having a group photo taken:

7228432986_044a852668_z.jpg

Panama Canal: Gatun Locks by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Thanks again for the reply, I have resolved the part of my question regarding the open public decks, especially the Dolphin Deck... In your picture actually you see TWO levels of crew deck! Just below the Caribe deck you see a big clump of Crew mostly in white on the Dolphin Crew Deck, and the big forward bow deck is actually at the Emerald level. If we are still in our cabin that we have right now, we will have to walk back to the elevators to pop up one floor, and then walk forward to the "secret" deck. Princess had told us wrong about the Dolphin Deck access, but as usual my CC buddies know better! :)

What I have been bumping and specifically asking about now is the actual cabins on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D22 D203 D204??? Wanting to know the layout as there is conflicts on different Princess diagrams, and hoping that a past passenger in one of these rooms has some pictures that they can share. I have revised my earlier post here as I see some of the confusion about the deck stuff.... I care about the actual steroom actually....

Some good info so far, just checking in to see if anyone has any first hand input on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? FORGET THIS PART IN ORANGE I CANNOT FIND STRIKETHRU!: I am bummed about the forward deck not being available to passengers on the Dolphin deck. It has been a little bit, so I thought I would bump the topic with a post. Hopefully someone missed it deep in the pages of posts.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

Mark, I have sailed in deluxe oceanview cabins on other ships (and, in fact, was upgraded to D204 on the Coral, but was then upgraded again to C204, so never actually saw it!). Also, I sailed as I said in C204, which is an oceanview minisuite, so shares some characteristics of a deluxe oceanview. I'll pass on my experience, for what it's worth. The cabin is larger than a standard oceanview (or in C204, larger than a standard minisuite) because it incorporates the square footage that in the next-door cabin would be the balcony. I had an extra piece of furniture (another small end table/bookshelf) in both instances that took up some of the extra side wall space. The bed in both was not against the window (as it is in many oceanviews and as the photos on the Princess website show) but against the side wall. In fact, the deluxe oceanview looked identical in layout to a standard balcony cabin.

I hope this helps a little.

Also, just to add: you might try asking on one of the roll calls of upcoming voyages and see if someone would volunteer to try to grab a photo of one of those cabins on turnaround day. It's generally pretty easy, as stewards often have all or most of the doors propped open as people depart. I'd be happy to, but sadly, I have no current plans to sail on my favourite ship in the fleet . . . *sniff*

Edited by rdsqrl

Mark, I have sailed in deluxe oceanview cabins on other ships (and, in fact, was upgraded to D204 on the Coral, but was then upgraded again to C204, so never actually saw it!). Also, I sailed as I said in C204, which is an oceanview minisuite, so shares some characteristics of a deluxe oceanview. I'll pass on my experience, for what it's worth. The cabin is larger than a standard oceanview (or in C204, larger than a standard minisuite) because it incorporates the square footage that in the next-door cabin would be the balcony. I had an extra piece of furniture (another small end table/bookshelf) in both instances that took up some of the extra side wall space. The bed in both was not against the window (as it is in many oceanviews and as the photos on the Princess website show) but against the side wall. In fact, the deluxe oceanview looked identical in layout to a standard balcony cabin.

I hope this helps a little.

Also, just to add: you might try asking on one of the roll calls of upcoming voyages and see if someone would volunteer to try to grab a photo of one of those cabins on turnaround day. It's generally pretty easy, as stewards often have all or most of the doors propped open as people depart. I'd be happy to, but sadly, I have no current plans to sail on my favourite ship in the fleet . . . *sniff*

Thank you so much for your insight! It does help! :D Also for the great idea to ask if someone can snap a pic on an earlier voyage!!!

I knew that it is a bit larger due to the lack of the balcony, but I wondered if it was just extra dead floorspace, or if they added some extra furniture as you mentioned. I thought that I had read somewhere on CC that these types of rooms sometimes had a little couch added that was nowhere in the normal description, but naturally I can't find that post that I thought I read about this! May have been a different ship, or different type of cabin for all I remember. LOL

I am hoping to follow the upgrade path that you had as I would really love to be in the mini's w/o balcony up front on Baja or Caribe decks. (My Princess rep knows this and that it is mainly due to the fact that my Mom is getting older and does not get around as good as she used to. They said there is nothing they can do now, but who knows in the future?) Right now these mini's w/o balcony are all wide open, and do not seem too popular at this point... I hope that it stays this way! I can understand that if you are paying full price for a mini, why would you want one without a balcony? In my case it is location, location, location. Don't get me wrong we would love a balcony, but it is not in the budget! :(

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Mark

I don't know how to attach photos here but if you give me your e-mail address I can send the four photos I have of C201 on the Coral from Jan 2010. Or you can e-mail me at frannieg62@hotmail.com

Many thanks to Ferndale Girl for sending me pics of the Coral C201 Mini, I am attaching them here for her. I figured it would be a good reference if anyone searches C201!!!

Now, I am still looking for anyone who may have info on the actual cabins on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? Wanting to know the layout as there is conflicts on different Princess diagrams, and hoping that a past passenger in one of these rooms has some pictures that they can share.

Thanks again for all of the great replies!

Mark

Panama.jpg.813a63d8fdc71bd6cc5125d074de9c51.jpg

Panama1.jpg.7c59cc42d21b0e60cbd6be20d35d0384.jpg

Panama2.jpg.e7808488ebc84699c5e6657556b1c809.jpg

Panama3.jpg.4aeebc385ff62c32cbcb13fed84cfc4b.jpg

Edited by cruisehappy001

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in to see if anyone has any first hand input on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? Anyone have any pictures of one of these rooms?

It has been a little bit, so I thought I would bump the topic with a post. Hopefully someone missed it deep in the pages of posts.

Thanks,

Mark

Just checking in to see if anyone has any first hand input on Island (or Coral) Princess Premium Oceanview D201 D202 D203 D204??? Anyone have any pictures of one of these rooms?

It has been a little bit, so I thought I would bump the topic with a post. Hopefully someone missed it deep in the pages of posts.

Thanks,

Mark

wow, you are persistant! in this case it paid off. :)

I was on the island in d203 last month. and yes, took pictures. its dark, but shows the size.

120129410_DSC00770islandpd203.jpg.b1792ccc8c8e2052e88f63f63d93b355.jpg

We were on the Island in April of this year for a partial Panama Canal cruise. My sister and BIL were in D201, the furthest forward cabin on starboard. They hated it. Yes it had a little more room, but every time the ship docked, they got lots of noise from the (I guess) forward mooring station. Said they could hear lots of banging and other noises from below; guess it was probably the ropes being pulled to shore for mooring and possibly the anchor chain. On a couple of occasions, they said they were awakened around 4:30 am by the noise. They got this cabin because it was a pretty cheap price but said they would never choose one that far forward again.

wow, you are persistant! in this case it paid off. :)

I was on the island in d203 last month. and yes, took pictures. its dark, but shows the size.

We were on the Island in April of this year for a partial Panama Canal cruise. My sister and BIL were in D201, the furthest forward cabin on starboard. They hated it. Yes it had a little more room, but every time the ship docked, they got lots of noise from the (I guess) forward mooring station. Said they could hear lots of banging and other noises from below; guess it was probably the ropes being pulled to shore for mooring and possibly the anchor chain. On a couple of occasions, they said they were awakened around 4:30 am by the noise. They got this cabin because it was a pretty cheap price but said they would never choose one that far forward again.

I guess that patience and persistence really are virtues! Thanks to both of you for your information!

As stated previously we were told by Princess that we could access the forward Dolphin Bow Deck, so this was a big factor in choosing this room. But after checking with the fine folks here on CC we discovered that this was not correct, unless we were crew that is!!! It is a mobility and ease thing for Mom. We are still hoping/praying to possibly move up to a balcony or mini forward close to the forward viewing areas on the Carribe or Baja Decks if the rates drop some since there seems to be quite a bit of open availability for this cruise now.

I still have a question about the layout of the room as there are conflicting diagrams on Princess's website... One diagram is from the deck plans, and the other diagram is from the actual booking when logged in, especially after seeing your picture. (Funny to compare the different diagrams with your picture! :confused: ) Which attached diagram better represents the closet and entry door layout layout? Also is the TV a flat screen, and is it viewable from the beds and desk? Probably not from the sitting chair? It is hard to tell, but it looks like it may be recessed in a little box making it harder to see?

Thanks again for any more information that you can provide! Thanks also for the tip about the mooring noises!

Mark

1434286769_IslandPrincessD202Diagram-Booking.jpg.631c14fbafe75301c19eeba1fe4a811d.jpg

774786311_IslandPrincessD202Diagram-Deckplan.jpg.06f25058d25625617f0615a925abda81.jpg