FTTF Out Of Long Beach

elklemi

We check in in the VIP lounge, but there isn't much seating in there, so we always go outside (from the employees suggestion also) and hang by the VIP sign, but because there are no set up lines folks just rush the door when it opens, there is no coordination and non-VIPs have always pushed in before us, it's a comedy actually. I hope they have a better plan in place with FTTF starts!

Maybe around 11 am you should head back to the VIP check in. Even if you have to stand outside you'll be in sight if the employees who are in charge. They don't seem to pay attention to the outside zone areas.

If we get to the port by 11 & check in at VIP, we sit just outside the VIP building at the planter. Then we walk with the person who will lead all the other VIP'ers. That way we are at the front of the line because most people will sit at the VIP sign and not realize what is going on until they see people walking by.:D

There are zone numbers that people do stand behind. Last December for our Splendor cruise, there were a lot of people waiting behind lines at the zone numbers and not all rushing forward. It also helped that there were employees standing guard and not letting anyone jump the line.

LBzonearea.jpg

I've cruised out of Long Beach on Carnival at least 7 times and never once have experienced what others have described. I usually arrive between 1 and 1:30, but several times have been there in the morning.

If you get to the port after 12-12:30, then there shouldn't be these problems outside the dome. But there might be a line inside the dome at check-in.

If you get to the port after 12-12:30, then there shouldn't be these problems outside the dome. But there might be a line inside the dome at check-in.

And if you get there at 3pm you will breeze (or Miracle) right in and onto the ship with no waiting. Also everyone else will be settled in and moving down the halls with your carry on is simple too. This is my free version of FTTF :D

• 1 month later...
From John Heald this mourning.

Faster to the Fun is now available to purchase for the Carnival Inspiration for cruises starting June 24th.

By the end of July we will start the program on Carnival Glory, Carnival Pride, Carnival Miracle and Carnival Splendor and I will have exact dates for those soon.

Cheers

I would LOVE to have this for our Miracle cruise out of Long Beach in November. It's the end of July now, and it's still not available. When I look for it to order via manage my cruise page, it is not available. I called Carnival yesterday and they confirmed that it is NOT available on Miracle out of Long Beach, only Inspiration :( Hopefully it will come online with Miracle/Long Beach before we sail in November!

And if you get there at 3pm you will breeze (or Miracle) right in and onto the ship with no waiting. Also everyone else will be settled in and moving down the halls with your carry on is simple too. This is my free version of FTTF :D

Probably so, but since we're typically on the ship by noon, that's 3 less hours of fun to enjoy, and at least 2-3 DoD's :D

I'm cruising on the Miracle Dec 1, 2013, out of Long Beach, CA. This will be my 10th cruise, so now platinum. My luggage tags had already been marked "priority." Recently checked them again and now they also say "FTTF". So I guess faster to the fun is in long Beach now! Yay, this cruise just keeps getting better and better and it hasn't even started yet :)

I think FTTF starts this week on Inspiration. I hope they work out any bugs by Sept 16!

I'll be there next week...and will report back on the mess or hopefully lack thereof. Even their regular pre-FTTF boarding area outside is chaos and the VIP lounge is usually pretty full.

I'm cruising on the Miracle Dec 1, 2013, out of Long Beach, CA. This will be my 10th cruise, so now platinum. My luggage tags had already been marked "priority." Recently checked them again and now they also say "FTTF". So I guess faster to the fun is in long Beach now! Yay, this cruise just keeps getting better and better and it hasn't even started yet :)

I see your on the same sailing as us. We have a roll call going: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1761715

We're on the Miracle the cruise before you, and we'll be sure to take good care of her!

I still don't think FTTF is available in LB yet, except on the Inspiration. :cool:

I'll be there next week...and will report back on the mess or hopefully lack thereof. Even their regular pre-FTTF boarding area outside is chaos and the VIP lounge is usually pretty full.

I've never seen too much chaos at the VIP booth. They've allowed me to check in there twice with my walker, (I had to wait to get my gold cards and waited patiently for real Vips to check in) but they always kept an eye on me.

We had an early flight and got to the port by 9am. We were able to check in at the Queen Mary and received Zone 1. We sat in the area closest to the boarding doors and enjoyed the music that was playing and people watched. Once the weddings and VIP were on it was our turn. We were on the ship by 11:15. Seemed like we were the first 100 on board!

No need for FTTF in Long Beach if you arrive early to the port, in my opinion.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Same for us, it was a few years ago on the Splendor. Going back this January for a Miracle cruise and hope it is the same experience.

I've never seen too much chaos at the VIP booth. They've allowed me to check in there twice with my walker, (I had to wait to get my gold cards and waited patiently for real Vips to check in) but they always kept an eye on me.

Its typically pretty crowded in there and cramped. People with their carryon's all over, etc. They had the wedding parties in there too. Nice that they let you sit in there with your walker especially considering the limited seating outside.

Its typically pretty crowded in there and cramped. People with their carryon's all over, etc. They had the wedding parties in there too. Nice that they let you sit in there with your walker especially considering the limited seating outside.

It's just difficult for me to walk to the QM and back to check in. I'm Platinum in Sept so I now have a legit reason to be there!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, FTTF just became available for our Miracle November cruise out of Long Beach! :D

I definitely jumped on it, and I knew they limited availability for this on all sailings, but it said they only had 9 spots left when I signed up. :)

Yay, FTTF just became available for our Miracle November cruise out of Long Beach! :D

I definitely jumped on it, and I knew they limited availability for this on all sailings, but it said they only had 9 spots left when I signed up. :)

It became available several days ago actually. :)

I think I bought it on Wednesday, possibly Thursday, and three already were sold. It wasn't available the day before I bought it and I got it late that night.

Do you know how many they made available? When I bought it for our 11/24 sailing last night there was a note saying only 9 were left :eek:

Do you know how many they made available? When I bought it for our 11/24 sailing last night there was a note saying only 9 were left :eek:

They make it available in blocks of 15 and could have only one or 2 blocks if there are lots of Diamond/Platinum cruisers on that particular cruise.

They make it available in blocks of 15 and could have only one or 2 blocks if there are lots of Diamond/Platinum cruisers on that particular cruise.

Thanks cathyz, I was curious about that, and I'm really happy we got one! :)

Still not seeing FTTF for the Miracle on 12/7/13 to Hawaii. Will it show sold out if that's the case or just not show up at all?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There may be too many VIP cruisers on that sailing. JH said it was only going to be offered on the Mexican cruises.