Sailing on Rhapsody of the seas any information please

Sailing from Sydney 28th December. The powerpoint in the cabin has it American outlets. Any suggestions on ironing clothes, is it better to take a travel iron with us. Is it better to change Australia dollars to American dollars to use onboard credit. Any help would be appreciated.

Sailing from Sydney 28th December. The powerpoint in the cabin has it American outlets. Any suggestions on ironing clothes, is it better to take a travel iron with us. Is it better to change Australia dollars to American dollars to use onboard credit. Any help would be appreciated.

Irons are prohibited. There are 2 US type 110V and 1 Euro type 220V outlets.

If you want to establish a cash account onboard you will need US dollars or alternatively you can pay your account at the end of the cruise with a credit card but don't let RCI convert the account to Australian dollars, just get them to charge your card in US dollars and allow your bank to convert it.

If you want to tip onboard you can use Australian dollars as the staff don't mind either way.

Clarea is right no irons allowed on the ship.

If you want to establish a cash account onboard you will need US dollars or alternatively you can pay your account at the end of the cruise with a credit card but don't let RCI convert the account to Australian dollars, just get them to charge your card in US dollars and allow your bank to convert it.

If you want to tip onboard you can use Australian dollars as the staff don't mind either way.

Clarea is right no irons allowed on the ship.

Any things you can suggest we do or stay away from on the ship.

Did you use the laundry service ?

Have sailed on the Sun princess, Pacific Jewel and the Fairstar many years ago lol any idea how the rhapsody compares.

thank you again

Have sailed on the Sun princess, Pacific Jewel and the Fairstar many years ago lol any idea how the rhapsody compares.

thank you again

We've used the laundry service many times on the ship. The only caution I can give is that it seems they use hot water for everything.

Yes I have used the laundry service but only for underwear and t shirts. The bag is not large and it takes over 24 hours to get your laundry back.

Try out the speciality restaurants, we went to chops grille on the first night - they have a set sail special via my account and it was a really great steak, one of the best I've had.

My preference for breakfast was the Main Dining Room MDR, they just fill the tables as passengers arrive for breakfast, they offer a selection of breads, buns, muffins and pastries with tea or coffee, then you can choose from the menu and get cereal and fruit from what they call the 'granola bar'. My favourites were the french toast and eggs benny, and the bircher muesli with berry coulis from the granola bar was also very good. I would order my cup of tea and meal from the menu, ie. french toast and while waiting for that grab a small amount of bircher muesli ..yum yum.

There was always a party in the centrum at night that started after 9.30 (i think that was the time as we had 8.30 dining sitting) .. themes were 70s, 80s, hawaiian and others ... great fun with the cruise directors crew.

To avoid the norovirus ... don't use public toilets and avoid eating from the buffet ... too many germs around those places.. sorry ourselves and over 400 passengers on our cruise got the tummy bug ... not nice, but can't be helped in close living quarters! STill enjoyed the cruise despite this.

There is so much to do between sea days and port days you will have a great time.

To avoid the norovirus ... don't use public toilets and avoid eating from the buffet ... too many germs around those places.. sorry ourselves and over 400 passengers on our cruise got the tummy bug ... not nice, but can't be helped in close living quarters! STill enjoyed the cruise despite this.

We eat no where but the buffet and never get sick. Avoid public bathrooms if possible, keep your hands clean, use the hand cleaner as you walk into the WJ ... you'll be fine.

thank you again

I sailed Sun Princess in 2005 and Rhapsody 3 times in the past 3 years. Rhapsody was the far better experience - her crew will welcome you with open arms and make you feel like part of the family (except that you won't have to do any of the chores:p).

We loved the specialty restaurants, especially Giovanni's Table and Izumi. Both are open for lunch on sea days, for a lower charge than dinner time. The Chef's Table is also a wonderful culinary experience. If you think you may want to try all of them, buy the Chef's Table package, which includes all three plus Chops Grille. Saves about $30 over buying them all ala carte.

We have used the laundry many times and have always been fine with the job they do. We find that the cost is less onboard that at home (Los Angeles), so we get the formal dresses and tux dry cleaned before we go home. But as Spacificbound said, don't send anything out that you don't want dried. They will have a laundry special where you stuff all you can into a bag and they will wash, dry & fold - no ironing. We used that for cotton undies, T-shirts, shorts and sleepwear. Would never send anything delicate, just wash it out in the shower.

Just chill out and relax. Find a lounge chair on the Promenade Deck and watch the sea and the walkersgo by. Have a Moscow Mule in the R Bar. Dance wherever you hear music. Do the Walk for Wishes with the Captain and senior staff. It's all good.:)

We eat no where but the buffet and never get sick. Avoid public bathrooms if possible, keep your hands clean, use the hand cleaner as you walk into the WJ ... you'll be fine.

We also eat at the WJ much more often than the MDR. No problems with Noro or any other stomach distress. I keep reading that the bathrooms are the big danger area. I think that you are more likely to get Noro from touching anything other people have touched. More likely to pick up a bug from holding the stairway railing, pool area lounge chairs, elevator button or door handles than the bathroom. The key is to keep washing your hands and avoid using your hands to scratch your nose, rub your eyes, etc.

Archived