Indian food and coconut lattes?

We are booked on FOS in December, and have not cruised since October of 2011. On our last cruise, which was on Enchantment of the Seas, there was an Indian dish on the menu every night, which I loved. I looked at the new menus, and it looks like the Indian food is no longer there -is that really the case? Also, we used to be able to get coconut syrup for our latte when the specialty coffee stand was Seattle's best - now that it's Starbucks, do they still have the coconut syrup?

The lack of Indian food and coconut lattes won't (totally) ruin my cruise, but I don't want to spend the next 5 months looking forward to them and then be disappointed.

We are booked on FOS in December' date=' and have not cruised since October of 2011. On our last cruise, which was on Enchantment of the Seas, there was an Indian dish on the menu every night, which I loved. I looked at the new menus, and it looks like the Indian food is no longer there -is that really the case? Also, we used to be able to get coconut syrup for our latte when the specialty coffee stand was Seattle's best - now that it's Starbucks, do they still have the coconut syrup?

The lack of Indian food and coconut lattes won't (totally) ruin my cruise, but I don't want to spend the next 5 months looking forward to them and then be disappointed.[/quote']

Can't help with the coconut syrup, but the Indian entrees are indeed gone from the new menu.

My wife and I love Indian food. On our recent Freedom and Oasis cruises, we found that if you talk to head waiter the first night, he can request an Indian entree at dinner for subsequent nights in the main dining room. You can request either vegetarian or a non-vegetarian. The non-vegetarian dishes were either shrimp, chicken or lamb. You got one of the three and you couldn't specify a particular one (except vegetarian or a non-vegetarian).

The sauce was the same for all three dishes but very good. The dish included rice and naan (bread). On some ships the naan was terrible (pre-made I think) and others it was great (I forget which).

We would get and Indian dish to share in addition to our regular entree and skip the appetizers. The Head Waiter was great and we gave him extra on top of the the standard gratuity.

Thanks for the answers. I was born in Bombay, lived in India again while in Jr. High School, and just went back for a 40th birthday trip. I am sad to see the Indian entree off the menu, but perhaps if the waiter or head waiter is Indian I will strike up a conversation and see what they can bring me. On Enchantment, in addition to the regular Indian dish, the Indian head waiter for our table also brought us a few special things once he heard my connection to the country. We have sailed on Enchantment a few times over the years, and always noticed that the ship seemed to have a lot of Indians working on it. We commented on it to an Indian bar tender at one point, and he said there were over 200 Indian staff on board at that point. No wonder they had such good Indian dishes!

Archived