Platinum status?

backinaz

So...we are looking forward to our cruise next month on the breeze and have been "grandfathered" to platinum status under the old system because we are taking our 10th cruise by December of this year. My question is that on our boarding passes it says "priority"...is that what it's supposed to say? I've been reading a lot of threads about FTTF? I know this isn't the same thing...but are there different lines etc at the port? I don't want to look silly getting in the wrong line.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Priority and FTTF are interchangeable. The only difference is you pay for FTTF and "Earn" Priority.

But Platinum / Priority has several more perks than FTTF, outside of the original boarding situation.

My last Carnival cruise was out of Miami, and both groups, FTTF and Platinum, were all mixed together for embarkation and debarkation. And it was very crowded. So much so that I will not cruise that ship again. My luggage tags showed both FTTF and Priority.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your Platinum status.

So...we are looking forward to our cruise next month on the breeze and have been "grandfathered" to platinum status under the old system because we are taking our 10th cruise by December of this year. My question is that on our boarding passes it says "priority"...is that what it's supposed to say? I've been reading a lot of threads about FTTF? I know this isn't the same thing...but are there different lines etc at the port? I don't want to look silly getting in the wrong line.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Going out of Miami and on the Breeze the line for FTTF and Priority are the same.

Long Beach has VIP/Priority but no FTTF. Therefore we don't get as many perks (including going right to our cabins). You're lucky!

John H just announced this morning that FTTF was just added to Inspiration for July 24 and beyond. My dream has come true :D

Long Beach has VIP/Priority but no FTTF. Therefore we don't get as many perks (including going right to our cabins). You're lucky!

Are you saying you can buy FTFT but not get to board early or go to your cabin early???? So now when we go to book FTFT we need to really know what we get for our money???

Why buy it if you don't get the perks. I really see no reason to buy it in the first place. Get to the ship early, don't carry much on( don't need a cabin right away) get to the tenders early and watch for the lines at guest service to be low if you need something.

We use anytime dinning so....I am not sure what the dinning option is all about.

Rule number 1 when it comes to Carnival---always ask about everything and don't get upset when it is not true when you get there.

Relax and enjoy life.

Are you saying you can buy FTFT but not get to board early or go to your cabin early???? So now when we go to book FTFT we need to really know what we get for our money???

Why buy it if you don't get the perks. I really see no reason to buy it in the first place. Get to the ship early, don't carry much on( don't need a cabin right away) get to the tenders early and watch for the lines at guest service to be low if you need something.

We use anytime dinning so....I am not sure what the dinning option is all about.

Rule number 1 when it comes to Carnival---always ask about everything and don't get upset when it is not true when you get there.

Relax and enjoy life.

No, she was talking about a ship that did not have FTTF on it. She's Platinum and if the ship has FTTF on it, Platinum also get to go to their cabin early.

No, she was talking about a ship that did not have FTTF on it. She's Platinum and if the ship has FTTF on it, Platinum also get to go to their cabin early.

And starting today, John H announced that FTTF will be available on future cruises on the Inspiration. So now we do get that perk! :D

Are you sure you will be Platinum for this cruise? It looks like to me that you have to complete 10 cruises before becoming Platinum. I have 9 cruises (60 points) on record and my profile has the following message:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Complete a total of 10 or more lifetime cruises by December 31, 2013, and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.

I certainly hope that I will be Platinum on this, my 10th cruise.

Are you sure you will be Platinum for this cruise? It looks like to me that you have to complete 10 cruises before becoming Platinum. I have 9 cruises (60 points) on record and my profile has the following message:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Complete a total of 10 or more lifetime cruises by December 31, 2013, and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.

Check your boarding documents...if they say Priority, then you will get to enjoy the perks of Platinum, as Priority is the new 'lingo' for Platinum.

Enjoy your cruise !

Paperwork marked VIP/Platinum. Parents two cruises behind me-still Gold for Sept.

Yes, my boarding passes/luggage tags say "priority" on them and we have a red star by our names. Carnival said they had to process paperwork and we'd see "priority" on our passes. They did and we do! ;)

My last Carnival cruise was out of Miami, and both groups, FTTF and Platinum, were all mixed together for embarkation and debarkation. And it was very crowded. So much so that I will not cruise that ship again. My luggage tags showed both FTTF and Priority.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your Platinum status.

Going out of Miami and on the Breeze the line for FTTF and Priority are the same.

Same on Fascination out of Jax in June. Platinum and FTTF mixed together on embark and debark.:confused: No big deal, but not what CCL advertises, but we all know to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Same on Fascination out of Jax in June. Platinum and FTTF mixed together on embark and debark.:confused: No big deal, but not what CCL advertises, but we all know to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Carnival speak-th with a forked tongue ;)

Carnival speak-th with a forked tongue ;)

Are we allowed to say things like this? Just asking because don't want to agitate the Loyalists. Funny thing is that with 17 CCL cruises, DW and I probably have as many if not more CCL cruises than most of the Loyalists.:cool:

Are we allowed to say things like this? Just asking because don't want to agitate the Loyalists. Funny thing is that with 17 CCL cruises, DW and I probably have as many if not more CCL cruises than most of the Loyalists.:cool:

Some spend more time dogging Carnival than supporting their preferred cruise line..

Kinda like the husband still mooning over his high school sweetie...

Some spend more time dogging Carnival than supporting their preferred cruise line..

Kinda like the husband still mooning over his high school sweetie...

Probably true. I have no problem with posters praising or criticizing a particular cruise, but not the cruise line as a whole. No line is all perfect (as some claim) or all bad (as some claim). DW and I like CCL, and RCI as well, but will still point out issues we may have, we just don't dwell on them.

Trying not to sound too snobby...(I'm sure it will anyway), but I "earned" my status with my loyalty to CCL. My husband works very hard for us to take vacations. I'm a bit bent that all it takes to get the same perks is to pay an extra fifty dollars and magically...you gets perks! I guess it goes to show that it's all about the almighty $$$$. :(

It's certainly not going to ruin my vacation---just wanted to vent to my cc peeps!

Trying not to sound too snobby...(I'm sure it will anyway), but I "earned" my status with my loyalty to CCL. My husband works very hard for us to take vacations. I'm a bit bent that all it takes to get the same perks is to pay an extra fifty dollars and magically...you gets perks! I guess it goes to show that it's all about the almighty $$$$. :(

It's certainly not going to ruin my vacation---just wanted to vent to my cc peeps!

I "Just" got my 10th cruise in this coming Aug 29th. Had I known about earning points for future "status", I would have been further up the line by now. I took all the cruises from Boston to Bermuda in the late 70's, but never was recorded. I guess they were new, and didn't offer any classes back then. I was lucky enuf to have saved my "Capers", and one ticket contract from a cruise. That old ticket was accepted, and got me Platinum status. I'm looking forward to see if I really get on the ship sooner, instead of waiting, "forever". I usually wait till most pax are on board.:cool: R.A.

Archived