Arison Steps Down...

happy cruzin

It's not as much stepping down and spliting his responsibilities and spinning off the CEO portion of them. Not at all unusual in companies as large as Carnival Corporation. He remains as Chairman of the Board and the larges shareholder of the Corporation.

Cahill heads up only the Carnival Cruise Line portion of the business.

What about Cahill? Is he only carnival brand vs the holdings co?

sent from Tapatalk on my Galaxy s3 ... padron any typos :)

This has nothing to do with Cahill.

It is important to note, that Micky Arison is NOT stepping down from anything.

He is handing over the title & duties of CEO to Arnold Donald so that he can focus on the Corporate roles of Chairman.

It's not as much stepping down and spliting his responsibilities and spinning off the CEO portion of them. Not at all unusual in companies as large as Carnival Corporation. He remains as Chairman of the Board and the larges shareholder of the Corporation.

Cahill heads up only the Carnival Cruise Line portion of the business.[/quot

Whenever I hear the title, Chairman of the Board, I think of Frank Sinatra.

He is handing over the title & duties of CEO to Arnold Donald so that he can focus on the Corporate roles of Chairman.

Normally when you go from an inattentive CEO to an attentive CEO it should be a good thing. Only time will tell and yes Cahill should be concerned. Anyone in the same position within the corporation should be concerned.

Normally when you go from an inattentive CEO to an attentive CEO it should be a good thing. Only time will tell and yes Cahill should be concerned. Anyone in the same position within the corporation should be concerned.

Agreed,Cahill should def be concerned. To say that your boss has changed and has no reflection in you is short sighted. Different people have different ideas. Things happen.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Corporate to Public: "See, we've changed!"

Public: "Oh, wow--you HAVE changed!"

Inside Corporate: "OK guys, nothing has changed."

Net result: "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Sad...but, isn't THAT the truth! :o

So he can focus on carnival or the Miami heat?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you had listened to the conference call this morning, Micky Arison and Howard Frank both expressed their confidence in Gerry Cahill's ability to handle the job and get Carnival out of this situation. I think that Cahill is here to stay.

But that's not to say he won't be under close watch.

I think that Cahill is here to stay.

I agree for now........ but next year maybe a different story

If you had listened to the conference call this morning, Micky Arison and Howard Frank both expressed their confidence in Gerry Cahill's ability to handle the job and get Carnival out of this situation. I think that Cahill is here to stay.

The dreaded vote of confidence.

The dreaded vote of confidence.

It's like the kiss of death.

CCL IS STILL A BAD INVESTMENT. TIME WILL TELL IF YOU DOUBT IT. MICKEY IS NOT THE ONE TO LEAD THIS CO. HE IS TOO INVOLVED WITH HIS PET PROJECTS. CAN YOU SAY HEAT. It is the truth to all of the Pom Pom cheerleaders.

The Board of any Company can make any changes to the Management of a company. In that regard they lost confidence in Good Old Boy Mickey. They voted him out! Good for this Board as Mickey is a LOSER managing his Papa's Company.

Archived