MTD question?

So I signed up for MTD, which I thought meant I could go to dinner at whatever time I wanted between the hours of 6-9pm. Then I started reading that it is recommended that you make resevations each night. I went on-line to do this and the only times that were available were 5:45pm and then not again until 7:30pm (which was full) so I picked 7:45 each night. Do not really want to eat this late and will miss the shows each night. So my question is can I just show up at 6:30pm to my assigned dining room and be seated or will I have a long wait. (table for 4). Thanks for any help that is given.

You will wait. The line for MTD was often very long. We've done it twice and are now booked for traditional dining on our next cruise. I also don't enjoy switching wait staff each night. Not as much fun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So I signed up for MTD, which I thought meant I could go to dinner at whatever time I wanted between the hours of 6-9pm. Then I started reading that it is recommended that you make resevations each night. I went on-line to do this and the only times that were available were 5:45pm and then not again until 7:30pm (which was full) so I picked 7:45 each night. Do not really want to eat this late and will miss the shows each night. So my question is can I just show up at 6:30pm to my assigned dining room and be seated or will I have a long wait. (table for 4). Thanks for any help that is given.

Most people report that there is very little waiting even without reservations. You may also have better luck making a reservation once you are on board.

On our two cruises we signed up for MTD on both and NEVER made a reservation. The wait was never over 2 or 3 minutes (never a wait on Enchantment.) We just always went at non-peak hours. As far as wait staff, they sat us at the same table every night on the Allure.

I do know that if the particular table (staff) that you want is not available at the time that you go, you do have the option of waiting until it is.

I never made reservations and waited 5 minutes tops on Freedom every night and had the same waiters every night as well.

I will never go back to traditional dining. :)

YMMV though.

You do not have to make reservations. But if you choose to go at peak time, like 6:30-7:00, you are more likely to wait a bit. I agree that you may be able to choose a better time for reservations once on board. When we do MTD we usually show up at 6 and get right in. In fact I have observed those without reservations getting seated a bit more quickly at that time than those with reservations.

We just got back from the Allure and did MTD. Called in the morning to make a reservation, we requested a table (930) and server (Tony from India) and were able to get the server every night and the table 6 out of 7. The most we waited was 15 minutes, I think that was Lobster night. We usually ate later around 9. so most of the crowds were gone.

Archived