After Dinner Coffee Part 2

Billthekid

Choices,,,,,,, we all have choices.

When a company no longer provides a product the way you want it delivered, we have the choice to move along. We can move to another cruise line, we can move to another style vacation or we can not move at all.

What we don't like, we comment about. If it isn't changed, we have the choice to take our business elsewhere.

So far, it's a fair guess that if DH and I don't buy use of the cabin we always occupy, someone else will.

We have traveled a lot, both for business and in retirement. We have seen the prices change and realize the travel industry needs to make a profit. We vote with our dollar which product we will be using. If we don't like the product, we don't buy it. The industry can put out all kinds of excuses of why there is a price increase, decrease, but sooner or later they are going to hit the breaking point. Holland, in our opinion has hit the breaking point. The picture we attached at the beginning of this thread showed a automatic coffee machine with five kinds of coffee for after dinner. Three were without charge and two required a fee. The same items that goes into a cappuccino are the same as for a latte. just a button difference. In the MDR there is a fee, but in the Pinnacle and Italian restaurant there is no charge. Meanwhile, the steward has to collect my cabin card and push some more buttons on a different machine and charge a 15% service fee. The coffee is served well after desert has been consumed and is cold and diluted. All this for $1.50, composed of 30 nickels, or 15 dimes. Meaningless on a $4,000 cruise, but a fine example of a Corporate Policy whose aim is a profit regardless of the customers experience. Like some of the comments, sooner or later, there will be a separate charge for each thing consumed on their ships.

Well and good - vote with your pocket book. I hope that there will be not be separate charges for everything - that would finish cruising for us.

BUT our coffee was hot and served in a timely manner. If I want it after dinner then I have no problem with the minor charge. It's not a biggie with us. Remember the Explorations Lounge (or Java Bar?) is 1/2 price for 4* mariners. Of Course, the Pinnacle and Canaletto remain free - you are paying a surcharge to eat there.

There are a lot more changes I would fear on HAL than this one - but that's just me;)

Choices,,,,,,, we all have choices.

When a company no longer provides a product the way you want it delivered, we have the choice to move along. We can move to another cruise line, we can move to another style vacation or we can not move at all.

What we don't like, we comment about. If it isn't changed, we have the choice to take our business elsewhere.

So far, it's a fair guess that if DH and I don't buy use of the cabin we always occupy, someone else will.

That is part of my point. We comment about it and if enough cruisers comment about it, hopefully they will react, and re-think some of their policies. And as they said in the movie Network, "I'm mad as heck, and I am not take it any more."

And as you said, we have choices.

Archived