Izumi on Navigator ?

I am wondering where Izumi us going to be located on Navigator. Thoughts? I expect the Park Cafe to be inside the solarium, which I don't much like. We pretty much know the Diamond Lounge will take the place of the 19th Hole bar.

I am wondering where Izumi us going to be located on Navigator. Thoughts? I expect the Park Cafe to be inside the solarium, which I don't much like. We pretty much know the Diamond Lounge will take the place of the 19th Hole bar.

Interesting question. Since they haven't really done a major revitalization to Voyager/Freedom class yet, we've got nothing to go on. The updates to Mariner were minor compared to what's planned for Navigator.

I suppose Izumi could go up in Viking Crown if they take away some space from the card/game rooms.

I think it could replace Jade in the Windjammer. They could have Izumi as just part of the buffet during the day, and then switch over at night.

The card rooms in the Viking Crown aren't big enough to house a kitchen and a decent amount of seating.

I hope not. I love the Indian dishes offered usually both at lunch and dinner in Jade. I sure would hate to give that up for a pay venue!

There is Jade on both sides of the kitchen, so they could just have one side as Izumi and one side as Jade. There are plenty of seats in both areas.

That's a good point, Bob. WIndjammer is crowded enough at peak times as is. I forgot there are going to be some added cabins. Is that only for the floor-to-ceiling oceanview cabins or are they adding others (she says hoping the answer is no others!)?

That's a good point, Bob. WIndjammer is crowded enough at peak times as is. I forgot there are going to be some added cabins. Is that only for the floor-to-ceiling oceanview cabins or are they adding others (she says hoping the answer is no others!)?

Another good question. I'm not aware of any areas on Voyager class ships where they could to the floor to ceiling window staterooms like they did on the Vision class ships. Those areas were lounges around the Centrum on Vision class, and there are no similar areas on Voyager class. They could put inside staterooms in areas like the screening room, library, Concierge Lounge (assuming they moved the CL up to Viking Crown).

We were on The Navigator for a B2B this past December. Even when the Jammer was crowded, or should I say "jammed pack", we were always able to find a table when we first walked in. These tables are setup directly in front of the bar.

I would sit at the table while my sister would go and get two salad plates and then when she would come back I would go and get two plates; each one had an entrée and a couple of vegetables. We found it easier to do it this way.

I am not sure if it is still like this but maybe it is worth a try to grab a table at the very front especially since everyone tries to migrate toward the sides where the windows are.

Sorry I went off the Izumi topic but thought I could give useful advice on getting a table when the Jammer is crowded.

Archived