Rental Car Pick Up Time in Fairbanks on a Cruise Tour

notes4theheart

Hi everyone,

We'll be in Fairbanks on a Princess cruise tour for two nights (and then adding two nights on our own)

We arrive in Fairbanks on the train at 8:00 pm (I figure we'll get to the hotel even later). I would like to pick up a car the next morning. What time do I need to schedule this? Do hotel shuttles to the airport run all morning or would I need a taxi? How does one get a taxi in Fairbanks? (I'm from NYC so I'm not sure how you'd get a taxi in a normal place)

Doesn't princess have their own hotel in Fairbanks ? I remember seeing one close to the airport. Worst situation you would have to take a cab to the airport and all those hotels are close by.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Doesn't princess have their own hotel in Fairbanks ? I remember seeing one close to the airport. Worst situation you would have to take a cab to the airport and all those hotels are close by.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes they do, BUT, they have far more cruisetour people, and use several hotels.

Hi everyone,

We'll be in Fairbanks on a Princess cruise tour for two nights (and then adding two nights on our own)

We arrive in Fairbanks on the train at 8:00 pm (I figure we'll get to the hotel even later). I would like to pick up a car the next morning. What time do I need to schedule this? Do hotel shuttles to the airport run all morning or would I need a taxi? How does one get a taxi in Fairbanks? (I'm from NYC so I'm not sure how you'd get a taxi in a normal place)

WHEN do you want to pick up? Book it for that time. There is NO issue getting a cab even if you have to call one yourself. Base your booking on the 24 hour clock, IF you have an overnight flight home, then you can easily pick up the car the night prior. There should be shuttles to the airport? Split up and meet up later at your hotel. Easy to get around Fairbanks with a map.

WHEN do you want to pick up? Book it for that time. There is NO issue getting a cab even if you have to call one yourself. Base your booking on the 24 hour clock, IF you have an overnight flight home, then you can easily pick up the car the night prior. There should be shuttles to the airport? Split up and meet up later at your hotel. Easy to get around Fairbanks with a map.

ah, didn't realize that we could do it on a 24 hour basis. I have a flight at 8:19pm. I guess I'd like the car the night we arrive then. If I book it and I'm late (due to the train, ect) is there an issue?

Archived