RCI splendour of the seas??

Estealvarado

• 4 weeks later...

We did "Island of Santorini & Village of Oia - SO01". We went to Oia and were able to walk around the village on our own. We had to remain conscious of the time, but didn't feel rushed. We then went to Santos Winery and did a wine tasting. My husband and I voted this to be the winery with the best view. You can look out into the caldera and see the ship. It's pretty awesome. We then went back to Fira where our tour ended. We had time before we needed to be back to the ship, so we got something to eat, walked around, and relaxed at a coffee shop overlooking the caldera. We felt like we got a good overview of the island through the tour and the time on our own.

As cruisePAC mentioned, we also did this exact tour. The best part about it is that you are led off the ship in a group, go to the tender, and then are taken to the old port of Athinios and bused up to Oia. This is fabulous because then you only have to make your way back to the tender spot in Fira one time via cable car, steps, or donkey. :)

I would have loved more time in Oia but that was how it worked out. Take the first tour of the day if you can. Morning in Oia was absolutely stunning, I must say. Yes, the winery tour was great, tasted three different wines and snacked on cheese, tomatoes, and bread. Lovely. :)

I know people will say you can see Santorini on your own and indeed you can, but we had no problem paying for this specific RCI tour and we loved it.

Have fun. :)

We did it on our own and got the #2 tender off the ship. It wasn't crowded. We got to Fira and then hired a car to drive us around to Oia (45 min to walk around) and then took us down to the beach where we had lunch and sat for about 3 hours total. They picked us up and we walked around Fira with plenty of time.

Our table mates every night were interested in how we did our tours since we did none thru the ship. We had a better time than they did and they wished that they had done their own. YOU CAN DO IT! Just read the many recommendations....

Dubrovnik - on our own. Took the bus to the wall. Walked to the cable car but it was closed due to wind. We then walked the entire wall. Note the stairs walking up are steep and have about 30 - no where to really stop. If you do the Rick STeve's way it's only half the wall. Your legs will kill you but the views were great.

Corfu - we did private using info@corfuprivatetaxitours.gr

Santorini - on our own above

Athens - private tour (8 hours) with gerogetaxitours@yahoo.com his son Nicholas will answer your email.... $240 euros and was totally worth it

Argostoli - we wanted to do the caves but thought the water was going to be rough. heard it was fantastic. We walked into the town and shopped. GET THE ICED COFFEE WITH ICE CREAM THERE -TOTALLY AWSOME THAT YOU DRINK IT IN LESS THAN 5 MIN AND WANT TO ASK FOR ANOTHER.

It was for 3 people. Totally worth it since our table mates took a taxi back to the ship during their tour (they did it thru the ship). We got our monies worth. We beat the crowd at the Acropolis - got to the changing of the guards with hardly anyone there - saw many other sites like the Olympic stadium (walked around and sister and niece climbed to the top). We shopped and got back to the ship around 4 and that was with a stop for lunch. George and Nicholas do great work. They even give you a free tour book.

Does anyone by chance know much rci charged for the shuttle im dubvronik and corfu?

Or how much the cabs were from the port into town?

Also how expensive was dubvronik in terms of food and souvenirs? Were trying to figure out how much money to bring for my mom and i in dubvronik other than using our cards

Does anyone by chance know much rci charged for the shuttle im dubvronik and corfu?

Or how much the cabs were from the port into town?

Also how expensive was dubvronik in terms of food and souvenirs? Were trying to figure out how much money to bring for my mom and i in dubvronik other than using our cards

Cab into town should be 10e or 75 kunas. Dubrovnik was not terribly expensive for food. You could share a pizza for under 10e. Souvenirs is hard to say depending on what you'd like.

2 formal nights.

We took the local bus to the town which was fun but for ease I would do the bus from the ship.

I bought this great bracelet which was made from coins. My sister and niece wish they had bought it too because they never saw them again. It was along the steep stairs in the middle of the town. There was a gelato place called Dolce Vita (in Rick Steves book) to go. if you walk up you will find the store on the right hand side a little more than halfway up. Otherwise you will see the same things at each place.

As for kunas, I got it before we left and I got about 700 kunas. We hardly had anything left after doing the wall, gelato, souveniers and bus tickets.

Archived