Loyal NCLer just returned from Princess. No top sheets on beds?

toyotaford

All of the bedding that I use on our bed has been purchased from NCL. I just checked the labels on the sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover, and all of them are 100% Brushed Cotton. No need to carry sheets with you. :D

Thank you so very much.

Figured I'd start a thread closer to our sailing to be sure.

But while we were talking linens....:D

I never realized how difficult it is to find 100% cotton work clothes or how many items have at least 20%-30% or more polyester, until I tried to shop for DW.

Bill

3/4 of the year, I sleep with just a top sheet. If we kept the house cold enough for me to want a thin blanket or more, DH would freeze! I'm thinking he's in severe trouble when I hit menopause!

I've gotta have a top sheet!

We use a sheet and a duvet at home. DW feels the cold - I have been likened to sleeping next to a piece of toast (warm not crusty and crumbly (yet)).

The duvet always ends up doubled over on her side - works well for us.:D

NCL has the same bedding arrangement IIRC

(Probably too much information I know but it is relevant...);)

I bought a duvet cover this year mostly because I couldn't find a comforter that I really like the pattern on. I found a beautiful one at Pottery Barn and just use it to cover up an inexpensive comforter. For some reason I think of duvets as being a European thing but once I started looking for them I found them everywhere. It isn't bad to remove to wash and put back on as long as two people are doing it but I had to sew loops on the corners of the comforter to keep it in place because it isn't meant to be covered. I've been in hotels that had the duvet covered by a sheet on top of it and another on the bottom (no real cover) and to me that's the same as having a top sheet. I love the NCL bedding and actually found that in Feb. on CCL it was pretty much the same. The bed wasn't as comfortable though.

I have problems with many allergies, so I always request cotton bedding on NCL.That way, I'm sure my bed will be 100% cotton. They are very nice about it and always send me a confirmation by e-mail. I gather from speaking with the room steward that this is not an uncommon request.

At home we have a duvet with a cover but always use a top sheet. The duvet cover is a pain to take off and on so while it gets washed it doesn't get washed as often as our sheets do.

Yes, this is exactly what I do at home. Also, I can't sleep without having something on top of me, but there are times it's too warm to sleep under the duvet. On those days I throw it to the foot of the bed and just sleep under the top sheet.

On my first Princess cruise I'd heard about this and requested a top sheet (and mattress topper as the mattresses on both Princess cruises I've taken have been pretty bad) on the first day. I didn't request it on my second Princess trip as we keep our room cool enough on board to sleep under the duvet and unlike at home I'm not the one who has to deal with taking it apart to wash it :)

Archived