Boston Port

The area closest to the Port has been built up the past few years so there are a lot of restaurants in that area. It's known as the Waterfront/Seaport District, If you google Boston Seaport restaurants, you'll find lots of links to different area restaurants. I would cross check them on Yelp for reviews. (Northern Avenue and Seaport Blvd are the two main streets in that area).

I live 5 minutes from the area strangely, I have never really ventured down there to many of the restaurants so I sadly can't give any proper reviews or recommendations.

Fish Pier, Fan Pier, Seaport District, Fort Point Channel - the area is rife with exciting new restaurants, the area is being re-developed and truly, the vibe is exciting and energetic. Just whatever you do, avoid the No Name Restaurant, yes, that is the name of it! Decades ago, it was good, but it is literally filthy, the food is greasy, urgh, so a word to the wise, don't go there - as you do your research, cross referencing TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews, it will come up - don't go! You are in Boston such a short time, so make the most of it. I am a local, transplanted here from Chicago, and I love it here! Enjoy!

I've never had a bad meal at the No Name, and I've been going since it was just a lunch counter.

There's no atmosphere, and unless they know you the service is nothing to speak of, but the food is fresh and good (I stick to the grilled and away from the fried) and the chowder is still one of the best seafood chowders anywhere.

And you can easily park there for free, which is nice for us suburban types picking up traveling friends in town and taking them to the waterfront for dinner.

I've never had a bad meal at the No Name, and I've been going since it was just a lunch counter.

There's no atmosphere, and unless they know you the service is nothing to speak of, but the food is fresh and good (I stick to the grilled and away from the fried) and the chowder is still one of the best seafood chowders anywhere.

And you can easily park there for free, which is nice for us suburban types picking up traveling friends in town and taking them to the waterfront for dinner.

And you've been there in the past decade? Good on'ya, then, as the Aussies say! In our opinion, their day passed a long time ago.

And you've been there in the past decade? Good on'ya, then, as the Aussies say! In our opinion, their day passed a long time ago.

Probably once/year for the past decade.

It's not a place I'd take a tourist who is looking for atmosphere and outstanding food, but it's a place I'd take a tourist who is looking for simple, good fish and isn't interested in atmosphere and views (unless you can get a table in the little alcove for a view of the fishing boats).

Archived