Early "walk off" disembarkation

We will be arriving at Ft. Lauderdale on the Allure and have an 11:10 flight out of Miami (airmiles are nice but make things complicated! :) Will this be too tight on time? On Princess you could get an early walk-off disembarkation as long as you could carry your own bags. Is that true with Royal Caribbean?

Yes, RCCL lets you walk off with your bags. Also, if you let them know you have an early flight, you will be in one of the first groups to disembark.

That said, just as with cutting it too close on the front end, things do happen and -- although rare -- a ship can be late arriving to port or -- more likely -- it can take longer than expected for the ship to clear customs.

We will be arriving at Ft. Lauderdale on the Allure and have an 11:10 flight out of Miami (airmiles are nice but make things complicated! :) Will this be too tight on time? On Princess you could get an early walk-off disembarkation as long as you could carry your own bags. Is that true with Royal Caribbean?

Yes, if there are no delays, and if you choose self-disembarkation, you could be off the ship and through customs before 6:30am.

I would take self debarkation because it gets you out first in the case of that random delay. But I would still have breakfast and if things are on schedule I would aim for the late end of self debarkation. You will probably get to the airport way early.

We did luggage valet & walked off the ship at 7:40 AM. We were on Allure June 9-16th. We shared a Tourism in Motion van with a couple we met on board. $6 a person! We were at the airport by 9:00, maybe earlier. We can't remember exact time. Luggage valet is great because you have boarding passes & just go through security.

We did luggage valet & walked off the ship at 7:40 AM. We were on Allure June 9-16th. We shared a Tourism in Motion van with a couple we met on board. $6 a person! We were at the airport by 9:00, maybe earlier. We can't remember exact time. Luggage valet is great because you have boarding passes & just go through security.

I agree, Luggage Valet is a great feature and worth the money. But, your flight has to leave after 11:30AM if flying out of FLL and 12:30 if flying our of MIA.

I would take self debarkation because it gets you out first in the case of that random delay. But I would still have breakfast and if things are on schedule I would aim for the late end of self debarkation. You will probably get to the airport way early.

on 6/8 - 6/15 Oasis, self debarkation ended at 7:15. But the hold up will occur if you do not have a free hand to hold onto the handrail as you go down the escalator. If you can't, then you have to go down the elevator and that's where it gets backed up.

I booked an American flight at 9:50am from Miami after my cruise on Oasis in May.

No problems what so ever... Didn't even need to rush, left the ship around 7:30 after breakfast

Dont worry

Aaron

EDIT: Forgot to add Miami oops

Archived