Allure or Breakaway

jhdoublin

16+ cruises.

trying to decide on Allure on western or Breakaway to Bermuda. Myself 37 y/o female and 5 year old son, who is a cruiser as well :)

Can't decide which ship, need to keep him entertained. Never been to Bermuda, been all over Caribbean. Not sure how I'd like being somewhere for 3 straight days.

I am mostly going for the ship experience this time. Been on Epic, but never on oasis or allure on RCL

Help me decide- Im leaving week after next on one of these. Both about same price.

Thanks

Julie

If you've never been to Bermuda and they are both the same price, why not try the Breakaway? IMO, I love Bermuda. We were there about 10 years ago and thought three days was not enough. We're taking our DD on the Breakaway next summer (she'll be three then). I can't wait for her to play in the kid's area of the Breakaway. Allure looks awesome too and I'm sure a five year old would love either one. Bermuda can only been done in the summer and the Caribbean can be anytime, so I was leaving in a week, I'd go to Bermuda.

How can someone say Bermuda is "boring"??? We went THREE times in 12 months and if you ask my kids right now if they want to go back to the Caribbean or Bermuda - they would say BERMUDA!

It's beautiful! The people are soooo nice! Your "resort" is docked so you can just get on and off at will. In three cruises we STILL haven't seen the entire island! We need to go back! :D

One bus/ferry pass ($12 for one day, $20 for 2 - kids are discounted) allows you to go all over the island. We have been to the zoo/aquarium, the beaches (which are breathtaking), the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Exhibit that had the titanic exhibit (my youngest is fascinated by titanic). We have been there during their dockyard festivals when they have concerts. It is such a SAFE family friendly environment.

I agree time of year makes a big difference. We just hot off the breakaway a d my 11 to had a blast. My 7 to enjoyed herself. She thought the kids club on rcl had more going on.

Check the heights on the water slides and ropes course to make sure your child can participate. Otherwise that will limit your access to things.

Bermuda was fabulous. So much to do and so much nicer than the standard Caribbean stopovers in my opinion

Tough decision. I've been on Oasis and Epic. Both ships are among my best cruises ever. Actually I agree with the other poster that said Bermuda is boring. Beautiful but boring. Took a 5-day land trip there several years ago and thought it was WAY too much time. Although I want to sail Breakaway so I'm willing to subject myself again :) . In your case, I think I'd go with Allure. Simply because you've been on Epic (breakaway is Epic 2.0) but not the Oasis class. That is a shouldn't be missed experience for any cruiser.

How can someone say Bermuda is "boring"??? We went THREE times in 12 months and if you ask my kids right now if they want to go back to the Caribbean or Bermuda - they would say BERMUDA!

It's beautiful! The people are soooo nice! Your "resort" is docked so you can just get on and off at will. In three cruises we STILL haven't seen the entire island! We need to go back! :D

One bus/ferry pass ($12 for one day, $20 for 2 - kids are discounted) allows you to go all over the island. We have been to the zoo/aquarium, the beaches (which are breathtaking), the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Exhibit that had the titanic exhibit (my youngest is fascinated by titanic). We have been there during their dockyard festivals when they have concerts. It is such a SAFE family friendly environment.

I see you recently went on the Breakaway. How did you like it and how did it compare to the Royal ships?

• 2 weeks later...
I see you recently went on the Breakaway. How did you like it and how did it compare to the Royal ships?

Breakaway is a great ship for entertainment and that connection to the sea (which I love). The specialty restaurants are great. There really is so much to do onboard - FIREWORKS!

On the flip side - I keep giving the edge of service back to Royal. I don't know what it is but they really know how to treat a passenger. :)

Breakaway is a great ship for entertainment and that connection to the sea (which I love). The specialty restaurants are great. There really is so much to do onboard - FIREWORKS!

On the flip side - I keep giving the edge of service back to Royal. I don't know what it is but they really know how to treat a passenger. :)

Thank you. So basically if I went on the Breakaway with 2 boys 11 and 12 we won't be dissapointed? The main reason I'm looking at this ship is sailing from NYC. Just a 1.5 hour train ride from our house!

Thank you. So basically if I went on the Breakaway with 2 boys 11 and 12 we won't be dissapointed? The main reason I'm looking at this ship is sailing from NYC. Just a 1.5 hour train ride from our house!

Nope - not disappointed at all. Here is my breakdown of the breakaway for families...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1841252

• 2 weeks later...

Archived