customer service? (more like the lack thereof)....

well this may be the first and last time i ever sail on RCI...assuming they even let me on the ship..

no matter what i do, i can't get them to correct the TA's mispelling of my first name....they have my thousands of dollars...i guess that's all that matters to them....

it's crazy.....disney may have boring ships, but they have much much much much much better customer service... :(

well this may be the first and last time i ever sail on RCI...assuming they even let me on the ship..

no matter what i do, i can't get them to correct the TA's mispelling of my first name....they have my thousands of dollars...i guess that's all that matters to them....

it's crazy.....disney may have boring ships, but they have much much much much much better customer service... :(

If you booked through a TA, the TA owns the reservation, and RCL won't touch anything unless the TA requests it. What did the TA say when you brought this up with them?

yes, however the TA is not changing it - for whatever reason (seems to be a language barrier)

This has been going back and forth.

However, it is royal caribbean's ship. Everything is ultimately royal caribbean's and if i am refused boarding - it will be due to royal caribbean's refusal to board me because their official representative in the country where i live are blithering idiots.

for US domestic reservations - RCI has a resolutions department. However, they don't have it for international reservations. Catch 22.

so if it had been a domestic TA who made the mistake and due to incompetence didn't correct it, the RCI domestic resolutions department would fix it.

But they don't have that in their international department. So they simply shrugged their shoulders and said they can't do anything.

We're talking about the offical TA wholesaler for the entire country that made the mistake on my name when they keyed it into the computer. This is the TA picked by RCI to represent them.

How RCI just throws their hands in the air and says, "can't help", i can't understand.

You chose to have a TA and in doing so you relinquish your reservation to them. The cruise line will not get involved and make any changes.

You chose to have a TA and in doing so you relinquish your reservation to them. The cruise line will not get involved and make any changes.

the TA is their TA. To book here, you can only use this TA - it is the official wholesaler for RCI here. No other way to book with RCI.

So RCI can take thousands of dollars from me and then not let me on their ship because their official representative spelled my name wrong?

interesting.

So i guess i will have to give my business back to disney. They as yet haven't discovered that very interesting catch 22.

the TA is their TA. To book here, you can only use this TA - it is the official wholesaler for RCI here. No other way to book with RCI.

So RCI can take thousands of dollars from me and then not let me on their ship because their official representative spelled my name wrong?

interesting.

So i guess i will have to give my business back to disney. They as yet haven't discovered that very interesting catch 22.

Why aren't you yelling at the TA since they are the ones that entered it incorrectly.

Why would you book a several thousand dollar vacation with a person that you can't communicate with?

And royal isn't the only cruise line that will not alter a booking done by a TA. The TA owns the reservation and as such is responsible for making any changes.

I am sorry you having trouble with the travel agent. Which country?

Israel. Again - it is the TA selected by RCI to handle their reservations. (my TA had to book through the RCI TA - all reservations made here must go through the official RCI wholesaler).

And again, if this were a domestic US TA (for example one of the ones cruise critic sends emails about), RCI will correct a problem.

RCI does get involved when it is a domestic TA. RCI has a resolutions department that CAN correct your reservation.

The international desk doesn't have a resolutions department. Why? I don't know. Because they don't want to bother? I don't know.

That would get me really annoyed. I'd probably cancel asap.

Israel. Again - it is the TA selected by RCI to handle their reservations. (my TA had to book through the RCI TA - all reservations made here must go through the official RCI wholesaler).

And again, if this were a domestic US TA (for example one of the ones cruise critic sends emails about), RCI will correct a problem.

RCI does get involved when it is a domestic TA. RCI has a resolutions department that CAN correct your reservation.

The international desk doesn't have a resolutions department. Why? I don't know. Because they don't want to bother? I don't know.

Have you cruised with RC before? If so, are you a C/A member? If so, call them/email and ask for assistance.

Have you cruised with RC before? If so, are you a C/A member? If so, call them/email and ask for assistance.

unfortunately no..

DD convinced us o give RCI a try and so we are....

She's C/A but i doubt they'd help me since i'm not C/A yet..

well, i'll try with the TA again tomorrow - i'm going to see if i can find out where their offices are and go down there to get them to type it in correctly (or maybe type it for them?)....

it's getting too close to the cruise to fool around at this point...

the fact that they can't seem to understand that our beds should be together and not apart is amusing and i figure that i can correct that error once we're on board..

but i have to get them to correct my name in order to get on board to begin with....very frustrating...

so what do you mean by the "michigan west ID" should give it away?

grand rapids?

then i'm originally from michigan east

Even in the US, cruise lines will not change a reservation made with a TA, the best you can do in the US is get a 3 way call with the TA and the Cruise line.

Why is it your TA will not get the name changed?

unfortunately no..

DD convinced us o give RCI a try and so we are....

She's C/A but i doubt they'd help me since i'm not C/A yet..

well, i'll try with the TA again tomorrow - i'm going to see if i can find out where their offices are and go down there to get them to type it in correctly (or maybe type it for them?)....

it's getting too close to the cruise to fool around at this point...

the fact that they can't seem to understand that our beds should be together and not apart is amusing and i figure that i can correct that error once we're on board..

but i have to get them to correct my name in order to get on board to begin with....very frustrating...

so what do you mean by the "michigan west ID" should give it away?

grand rapids?

then i'm originally from michigan east

In a burb of GR...

Even in the US, cruise lines will not change a reservation made with a TA, the best you can do in the US is get a 3 way call with the TA and the Cruise line.

Why is it your TA will not get the name changed?

i was told by corporate RCI that the resolutions desk can and will correct a domestic reservation - but not international.

it's not my TA - my TA understands. He can't get the RCI representative agency here to change it.

This is EXACTLY why I NEVER use a TA. They have to do all price changes, name changes, preferences, etc. I always book direct. What a pain...

The problem seems to be with this particular TA. I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush. I've been using the same TA since 2001 and have had nothing but good things to say about her.

[quote name='alaska_planner;38993642

Don't stress about the beds together/beds apart thing. These days they make all the cabins with beds together because that's how most people want them. If you want them separtated' date=' just ask your cabin steward. They will separate them while you are at dinner. I hope you get the name thing straightened out and have a great cruise.[/color']

Archived