So excited...I have an aft wraparound suite!!!!!

cruz chic

That's wonderful news, Lorene, you will thoroughly enjoy it, especially for Alaska.

Last night must have been upgrade night... my daughter just got a nice inexpensive upsell to a Neptune suite for her Alaska cruise - her first cruise on HAL.

That's wonderful news, Lorene, you will thoroughly enjoy it, especially for Alaska.

Last night must have been upgrade night... my daughter just got a nice inexpensive upsell to a Neptune suite for her Alaska cruise - her first cruise on HAL.

I was surprised to see the upsell so early. I'm thinking that they must be getting more bites for balcony rooms than for suites. I'm happy for your daughter. So nice on her first cruise.

Way to go Lorene. Know what you mean about being home and spending money. I just ordered a new swim suit and cover-up on line so I will hopefully look nice for the Thermal Suite on my next cruise. I'm sure that aft wrp will be great, especially in Glacier Bay. The comp. laundry is nice too. Now you can really pack light. Last cruise I sent out laundry in A.M. and it was back in late afternoon. Guess I don't need to tell you about that since you are a 4 star mariner. Did you ever receive a lapel pin? Glad to see your knee is improving. Hope the "ow factor" goes real soon.:D

Way to go Lorene. Know what you mean about being home and spending money. I just ordered a new swim suit and cover-up on line so I will hopefully look nice for the Thermal Suite on my next cruise. I'm sure that aft wrp will be great, especially in Glacier Bay. The comp. laundry is nice too. Now you can really pack light. Last cruise I sent out laundry in A.M. and it was back in late afternoon. Guess I don't need to tell you about that since you are a 4 star mariner. Did you ever receive a lapel pin? Glad to see your knee is improving. Hope the "ow factor" goes real soon.:D

I think I probably did get a pin. I don't care for the trinkets so I don't even know where it is.

Good for you!! You will love it' date=' AND yes, you will be spoiled! Just remember, once you've tasted the suite life, you can't go back.[/quote']

All kidding aside, I can verify that one CAN go back to non-suite life, and still have a lovely time on a cruise. :D

So you are doing Juneau, Tracy Arm sort-of, Ketchikan (service call, right?), Sitka and Victoria?

I know you did Tracy Arm small boat last time you went -- are you doing that again? I'd really consider the whale watch out of Juneau, too, not sure if the timing would work. That whale watch is AMAZING usually. We saw 8 orcas the time DH and I went, plus a bunch of humpbacks. The orcas were fantastic, and even after the legislated time had elapsed, THEY kept coming near US, so we got plenty o' orcas :D

All kidding aside, I can verify that one CAN go back to non-suite life, and still have a lovely time on a cruise. :D

yes, we all say that joking - but we will be doing the non suite life on our next cruise and I am sure we will have a great time:)

There is hope for me then;).

You'll be fine - just enjoy it while you have it:)

yes, we all say that joking - but we will be doing the non suite life on our next cruise and I am sure we will have a great time:)

You'll be fine - just enjoy it while you have it:)

That is it EXACTLY kazu. For our next cruise even getting a balcony was a huge stretch for us on cost. We booked one, but I'm really really thinking about it. We've had a ton of expenses this year, and now my car is being a bit of a swine :rolleyes: .... so we may just move from "The Suite Life" on our last cruise to "oceanview and loving it" on our next cruise :D

I won't quit cruising because we can't afford suites. Heck we couldn't afford regular price on the suites we've had when we got 'em (thank you upsell fairy :D )

So as you say, enjoy it while you have it!

So you are doing Juneau, Tracy Arm sort-of, Ketchikan (service call, right?), Sitka and Victoria?

I know you did Tracy Arm small boat last time you went -- are you doing that again? I'd really consider the whale watch out of Juneau, too, not sure if the timing would work. That whale watch is AMAZING usually. We saw 8 orcas the time DH and I went, plus a bunch of humpbacks. The orcas were fantastic, and even after the legislated time had elapsed, THEY kept coming near US, so we got plenty o' orcas :D

Yes, that's the itinerary. I'm leaning towards the whale watch just for something different. It sounds great. I'm waiting for the cdn dollar to gin some strength before I book.

lorekauf, we saw some lovely scenery on the whale watch, as well as a nesting eagle, and some sea lions (or seals, can't remember) that were hauled out on buoys. The HAL shorex bus picks you up right at the dock, then there is a short walk at the docks from the bus to the boat. Nice big boat, big windows, comfy seats, and a bathroom or two. You can also get outside to view if you are so inclined. There's been a naturalist or biologist on the boat doing commentary every time I've done the whale watch.

But Tracy Arm is pretty spectacular, too ;)

.... or if you are more into "getting local" you could take public transit to Douglas Island and have lunch in a pub :D Next time I get to Juneau, I seriously think that is what I will do :D

lorekauf, we saw some lovely scenery on the whale watch, as well as a nesting eagle, and some sea lions (or seals, can't remember) that were hauled out on buoys. The HAL shorex bus picks you up right at the dock, then there is a short walk at the docks from the bus to the boat. Nice big boat, big windows, comfy seats, and a bathroom or two. You can also get outside to view if you are so inclined. There's been a naturalist or biologist on the boat doing commentary every time I've done the whale watch.

But Tracy Arm is pretty spectacular, too ;)

.... or if you are more into "getting local" you could take public transit to Douglas Island and have lunch in a pub :D Next time I get to Juneau, I seriously think that is what I will do :D

I get enough of public transit at home:D. As much as I love the Tracy arm excursion I think I'll likely do the whale watching so I can enjoy my room more. The excursion is shorter. I'm really looking forward to eating in the Pinnacle for brekie. I generally eat in the MDR for brekie and sometimes in the morning it's just nice to be alone.

I get enough of public transit at home:D. As much as I love the Tracy arm excursion I think I'll likely do the whale watching so I can enjoy my room more. The excursion is shorter. I'm really looking forward to eating in the Pinnacle for brekie. I generally eat in the MDR for brekie and sometimes in the morning it's just nice to be alone.

the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast is one of the nicest suite perks for us - I hope you enjoy it:D

A good concierge in the Neptune Lounge can just about handle anything you need. You'll like that too:D

Archived