Unflattering Article On Cruising

Pilot70D

This link is to a lead article on MSN.com this morning. It is an unflattering look at cruising which may be of interest to those of us who think that cruising is a safe, healthy and fun thing to do.

No particular cruise line is mentioned by name although the opening segment shows the Concordia laying over on her side. Unfortunately the article goes downhill from this starting point.

It will be interesting to see what those of us who do cruise over and over think of this article. Here is the link:

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/11-reasons-you-should-never-ever-take-a-cruise

Take this article with a grain of salt and enjoy that next cruise.

Delete "cruising" insert "all inclusive resort" or "getaway" and you have the same article.

You do not have to eat, drink, indulge in everything. The article is almost as accurate as the Huff Post

Carole

Following their logic (or really lack of logic) you should never go to California because there might be an earthquake, or the mid west because there might be a tornado or the east coast because there might be a hurricane.

That some amazon comes bounding down the hall intent on having her way with me. Hasn't happened yet but I keep hoping.

You and me both. I keep wondering when it's going to be my turn. :D

Cheers!

I keep hoping that some six foot tall blonde professional ice skater from any RCI ship with an ice rink will have the hots for me and want to consumate it while my wife is at the salon. Hasn't happened yet.

Those girls are spectacular slinking around the ship in their high heels when they are functioning as a social hostess, getting ready for their next career when they get too old to do doubles and triples on a bouncing and rolling cruise ship. And marrying the Captain or some other high executive.

People here may not want to hear it but all the current research shows that cruising has gone way down in popularity. Far fewer people are indicating a cruise is in their future travel plans than just a few years ago. And that only gets even more so with those as the economic demographic goes up.

That's not media bias, that is fact!

Worldspan

People here may not want to hear it but all the current research shows that cruising has gone way down in popularity. Far fewer people are indicating a cruise is in their future travel plans than just a few years ago. And that only gets even more so with those as the economic demographic goes up.

That's not media bias, that is fact!

Worldspan

Sorry but the facts are just the opposite, cruising is gaining in popularity. Here is an article from just the other day. I could post ten others.

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=1146804

Just think someone got paid to write that garbage.
Yes, and apparently quite successfully, since so many are reading it and talking about it.

It would not be attracting so much attention if it had just been another of the hundreds of articles extolling the pleasures of cruising.

Thinking smart for all CC members, lets encourage these negative articles, lets go to their websites and endorse their views.

Do we really want more people to contemplate cruising, more competition for our favourite cabins, quicker filling of our favourite ships resulting in no last minute discounts and less offers.

Go forth CC members, and spread the word all over the internet that cruising is a guaranteed way to die of norovirus, sinking, or the plague!!

I am sure that MSNBC's nine viewers will enjoy this program.

Seriously, does anyone watch that network? I thought it was cancelled.

I had heard another one died from an overdose of kool aid, so now they're down to only eight viewers. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

The really sad part is that anyone of us (and a half-decent travel writer) could come up with legitimate reasons why cruising is not for everyone. This kind of article would be helpful for people who are trying to decide between a land vacation or a cruise. But while helpful, it would not be nearly as sensational as the crap featured by MSN. Sadly, this is what a lot of journalism has become, especially online.

Archived