Hydro Pool & Thermal Suites

djwho

Can anyone tell me if these are open to the public or do you have to book/pay for use?

I was trying to do some purchases online for some spa treatments etc., and want to use the pool and thermal suites, but don't see these items listed?

Donna

There's a charge for these, and the number of people who can purchase the package is limited. If there are open spots on any given day, a one-day pass can be purchased. I believe the charge for that is $40. The price of the cruise-long package varies based on the length of the cruise. Two people booking pay less in total than two individuals.

You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and ask about the price for your cruise. If you like the price -- then you can book it -- again have you charge card ready.

Also -- are you aware of the differences between thermal pools on the ships?

I don't know which ship you will be sailing on.

You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and ask about the price for your cruise. If you like the price -- then you can book it -- again have you charge card ready.

Also -- are you aware of the differences between thermal pools on the ships?

I don't know which ship you will be sailing on.

I'll be on the Westerdam. I didn't realize there were differences between ships.

I'll be on the Westerdam. I didn't realize there were differences between ships.

My experience is it is better to wait until you embark as they usually have a "special" price. This needs to be one of your 1st stops as there is a maximum number available.

Yes -- the Vista class and Signature class ships have the already built in Thermal pools. Westerdam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

All the other ships had them added later and are nothing but a whirl pool. Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam, Maasdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Rotterdam

I didn't get a picture of the Westerdam's Thermo Pool -- but it will look something like this:

Noordam_Ship_Pictures_001.JPG

The R and S class ships look like this:

2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_013.JPG

It was $99 for one person on the Amsterdam, $149 for a couple.... this was last week. I signed DH up without him knowing about it on the first day! He was initially upset but...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373130211.033054.jpg.a60673db3f4d7e5491ef94249031df03.jpg

As you can see he learned to love it. Trying to convince him that we need a heated ceramic bed in our house somewhere.

It was $99 for one person on the Amsterdam, $149 for a couple.... this was last week. I signed DH up without him knowing about it on the first day! He was initially upset but...

[ATTACH]278190[/ATTACH]

As you can see he learned to love it. Trying to convince him that we need a heated ceramic bed in our house somewhere.

Can't wait until September. Really looking forward to this. Glad to read the price is $99.00.:D:):D

$99-$199 is a big difference for 7 day cruise. I wonder what causes the price to fluctuate is one ship bigger thermal suite than the other that sales might be limited?

My husband and I are just back from the 14-day Midnight Sun cruise on the Ryndam. We paid $250 for the thermal suites pass. We love the thermal suites; after a busy day of hiking or kayaking or sightseeing, the hot tub, steam bath and heated loungers were wonderful. The area is isolated and peaceful and relaxing and, in our experience, never crowded. We did not pre-book - just bought the pass when we boarded.

$99-$199 is a big difference for 7 day cruise. I wonder what causes the price to fluctuate is one ship bigger thermal suite than the other that sales might be limited?

The smaller ships (S- & R-classes) don't have a T-pool, just a hot tub. The larger ships (Vista/Signature) have the full T-pool, which is worth more $$$, imo.

I love to book the thermal suite package on the larger ships, but won't pay one cent to use them on the smaller ones.

The smaller ships (S- & R-classes) don't have a T-pool, just a hot tub. The larger ships (Vista/Signature) have the full T-pool, which is worth more $$$, imo.

I love to book the thermal suite package on the larger ships, but won't pay one cent to use them on the smaller ones.

I loved the oosterdam thermal suite but I'm on the statendam soon, what am I to do???

Do you think statendam will be $99?

What is the cost of a 50 minute treatment typically , trying to decide if the $289 relaxation package is of any discounted value or equivalent or even more expensive:eek:

I loved the oosterdam thermal suite but I'm on the statendam soon, what am I to do???

Do you think statendam will be $99?

I don't know what the charge will be, but I expect it will be lower than on the larger ships.

What to do? It wasn't a difficult choice for me. I stuck my hand in the hot tub, felt the water was much hotter than body temperature, and knew it wasn't for me. I love the T-pool because cardiac patients can use it safely; not so the hot tubs.

I don't know what the charge will be, but I expect it will be lower than on the larger ships.

What to do? It wasn't a difficult choice for me. I stuck my hand in the hot tub, felt the water was much hotter than body temperature, and knew it wasn't for me. I love the T-pool because cardiac patients can use it safely; not so the hot tubs.

Are there less stone loungers?

I mostly loved the loungers? I typed my journal while relaxing while the kids were in club. I will definitely miss the t pool but

Will be ok satisfied I think as long as there are not too many people issued passes where I can't use them

Are there less stone loungers?

Fewer ceramic loungers is proportionate to the smaller size of the ship. Competition for them should be equivalent to that on the larger ships.

Fewer ceramic loungers is proportionate to the smaller size of the ship. Competition for them should be equivalent to that on the larger ships.

Great!

I wasn't sure if smaller ship meant fewer loungers but same amount of passes sold.

It will be a bummer to not have the t. Pool and more crowded loungers

I just got off the Oosterdam today. We paid $249. for a couple for 7-days. I booked on-board the first day. There were very few people using the Hydro pool all week.

We were also on the Zuiderdam for Christmas and New Years. I reserved the hydro pools prior to sailing by calling HAL. The prices were less on board and the lady at the spa desk easily refunded us the difference. I also had my receipt in hand.

Last year on Zaandam I took a quick read thermometer to the spa. Hot tub was just under body temperature - reading was 97.4F. Guess it varies ship to ship.

Archived