Hydro Pool & Thermal Suites

djwho

Last year on Zaandam I took a quick read thermometer to the spa. Hot tub was just under body temperature - reading was 97.4F. Guess it varies ship to ship.

That's good to know! Thanks for the info. In the future I will test it out on every ship instead of ruling the spa out without trying it first.

The spa temps are shown on one of the TV channels in your stateroom. I noticed this on my last cruise on Westerdam. They were consistently shown as being 97 or 98 degrees in all of hot tubs and the hydro-therapy pool. I have always felt the hot tubs on HAL, and cruise ships in general, to be on the cold side. I keep mine at home set on 102 degrees all year around.

The spa temps are shown on one of the TV channels in your stateroom. I noticed this on my last cruise on Westerdam. They were consistently shown as being 97 or 98 degrees in all of hot tubs and the hydro-therapy pool. I have always felt the hot tubs on HAL, and cruise ships in general, to be on the cold side. I keep mine at home set on 102 degrees all year around.

I also thought they were on the cool side. Wish they had at least one HOT one. We have a wood-fired hot tub at home and usually do 108-110. Obviously that's too hot for most people, 102-104 would be great. I also found the steam room and sauna not hot enough on the Eurodam.

The hot tub in the thermal suite on Amsterdam was supposed to be body temperature, but it was decidedly much hotter than that. Which was good, because like others have said I usually find hot tubs on the ships to be too cool.

I would estimate the tub on Amsterdam was around 102-104.

The hot tub in the thermal suite on Amsterdam was supposed to be body temperature, but it was decidedly much hotter than that. Which was good, because like others have said I usually find hot tubs on the ships to be too cool.

I would estimate the tub on Amsterdam was around 102-104.

I don't find that "good" at all, as I would like what the T-pool is supposed to be---body temperature. There are hot tubs on the ship already, and I have always found one to be "hot" and the other to be "hotter". No thanks, I am not a human tea bag.

Those are fine for people who can stand the high temperatures, but not all of us can. That's why the T-pool is so great. Cardiac patients, and for that matter pregnant women (once in a while there are some on HAL) can use the cooler pool.

It would be nice if one pool was cool, so everybody on the ship could have someplace for a nice soak.

ConnieG, you may have been on my June 29thcruise :)

On the Westerdam June 29th cruise, the hydro pool temperature was at 103 degrees and I thought the saunas were not hot enough (maybe body temperature) I did not check. The tile beds were on the mild side. I did enjoy the whole thermal suite experience, but not the price being about double what I was used to, and especially not the extra cost for being a single :mad:

My experience is it is better to wait until you embark as they usually have a "special" price. This needs to be one of your 1st stops as there is a maximum number available.

Prepaid for the thermal suite on my last cruise. Ended up getting ship board credit for the amount they "overcharged" me. So don't worry, if they offer a special the day you sail, they will adjust your account so that you don't pay more than anyone else.

One difference between the Oosterdam and Maasdam locker rooms used for the thermal suite...Maasdam had a sauna in the locker room and O'Dam had the sauna out on the Vista deck. The difference.....swim suit or no swim suit.:D

Archived