Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

This is going to be my first time cruising solo and I'm really glad I found this thread because I'm learning a lot.

Personally, I don't mind eating alone but it's nice to know that should I want company that NCL has a method for that. I honestly had no idea that so many people cruise solo and prefer it that way.

Me = mid-40s and I booked a balcony room.

This is going to be my first time cruising solo and I'm really glad I found this thread because I'm learning a lot.

Personally, I don't mind eating alone but it's nice to know that should I want company that NCL has a method for that. I honestly had no idea that so many people cruise solo and prefer it that way.

Me = mid-40s and I booked a balcony room.

have a great time. Are you in your role call? that helps you meet people as well.

Anne

I must admit my last post I said I was travelling solo. I guess technically yes but no.

My dad and his wife are on the same cruise. Although I'm single w my own room.

I'm to old to share a room w them lol 36yr

I am a senior solo traveler and I cruise mostly with Princess. I like to have dinner with the same group of people. I find it is a great way to meet people. Princess does have single meet ups @ 9pm, but by then I'm in my jammies[emoji42]. Last week I was on the Island Princess, my assigned table was for 10 people. The first night there were 6 people there, the next night I had specialty dining, the following night I sat there by myself. Fortunately, a couple I had met invited me to sit at their table of 10 that only had 4 people regularly for dinner. My table waiter was a junior waiter and about had a meltdown when I told him I was moving. I assured him that if the missing 6 people showed up I would go back to my table for 10 and eat by myself.

Diana

Las Vegas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a senior solo traveler and I cruise mostly with Princess. I like to have dinner with the same group of people. I find it is a great way to meet people. Princess does have single meet ups @ 9pm, but by then I'm in my jammies[emoji42]. Last week I was on the Island Princess, my assigned table was for 10 people. The first night there were 6 people there, the next night I had specialty dining, the following night I sat there by myself. Fortunately, a couple I had met invited me to sit at their table of 10 that only had 4 people regularly for dinner. My table waiter was a junior waiter and about had a meltdown when I told him I was moving. I assured him that if the missing 6 people showed up I would go back to my table for 10 and eat by myself.

Diana

Las Vegas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That has happened to me where I am the only one at a large table. I have always asked to be assigned to another table. If people are not in the MDR the first and second night of the cruise they're "buffet people" and won't be coming to dinner often, if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone!

I have only cruised solo once and I loved it. I have another solo cruise booked in August. I have never been on the Carnival Triumph, but I was just looking online and noticed that it does not have a serenity deck. Since I am traveling solo and was I was really looking forward to the peace and quiet of the serenity deck, does anyone know if there is an alternative on the Triumph?

Also, I have only cruised on Carnival and would like to branch out to other lines for solo cruises. I see a lot of posts on here about the Breakaway. I think I may look into that one as well.

Thanks in advance for your help and happy sailing!!

Linda

Edited by ItalianGirl777

Hi Everyone!

I have only cruised solo once and I loved it. I have another solo cruise booked in August. I have never been on the Carnival Triumph, but I was just looking online and noticed that it does not have a serenity deck. Since I am traveling solo and was I was really looking forward to the peace and quiet of the serenity deck, does anyone know if there is an alternative on the Triumph?

Also, I have only cruised on Carnival and would like to branch out to other lines for solo cruises. I see a lot of posts on here about the Breakaway. I think I may look into that one as well.

Thanks in advance for your help and happy sailing!!

Linda

I am surprised that there is no Serenity Deck on the Triumph. I thought it was on all the Carnival ships by now. I'm sure you'll still enjoy your cruise and find a quiet place onboard the ship to read and/or sit in the sun. Try going to the higher decks (above Lido) to be away from the crowd. I have cruised on both Carnival and NCL and I enjoy both. NCL is definitely more solo cruiser friendly with its studio cabins on the Breakaway, Getaway, Epic and Escape and the organized solo dinners/activities. You should give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm Pat.

My transatlantic crossing on the QM2 will be my second time sailing on a cruise ship. The first time I was working as wardrobe supervisor for the theater productions on the Norwegian Pearl (I suppose you could say I've been on multiple Caribbean cruises during that contract on a ship). I'm looking forward to being a passenger this time and traveling solo. I'd love to hear from any other solo travellers, and anyone with tips about cruising solo on this ship.