Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

There is a 24 hour restaurant that does short order snacks, like wings and fish & chips, all free and they cook to order, and serve you at your table or at the adjacent Shanghai Bar.

Pam

There's a place like that on the NCL Sun. Whenever I wasn't in the mood to be "sociable", I ate there. The wings were really good! :)

Joe

I have a general question for solo travelers. I will be cruising to Hawaii and the Caribbean soon. I want to go to the beaches

and do snorkeling etc. my question is that I am not with a group what do I with my stuff. Key card, money etc. any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a general question for solo travelers. I will be cruising to Hawaii and the Caribbean soon. I want to go to the beaches

and do snorkeling etc. my question is that I am not with a group what do I with my stuff. Key card, money etc. any suggestions?

You could ask one of your beach "neighbours" if you could put your bag next to their stuff while you swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a security cable and padlock (check Amazon) and use a bag that can be locked shut and lashed to a beach chair. Security cable is cheap, I paid a fair amount for my pacsafe backpack, but I carry a lot of electronics. It's not too hard to find various kinds of bags where the zippers can be secured with a small padlock.

Edit: if you're not carrying as much junk as I do (and more power to you if so--I have to learn to travel lighter), instead check amazon for a large waterproof wallet or swim belt. Also should be cheap.

Edited by AdoraBelle

Good afternoon,

I will be traveling solo on the Grandeur of the Seas going to Canada/New England on Sept. 1, 2016 out of Baltimore, MD. Looking for other solo travelers on this cruise. Anyone else going?

Thanks.

Reeve

Another option.......Google "safego ".

Pat

Hello Everyone: I am booked on NCL Star, 23 Oct, Rt Rome for 7 days.

If anyone is booked on this cruise, contact me; maybe we can tour together.

Also, I will be staying in Rome after the cruise. If anyone can suggest a hotel for solo travelers that is relatively safe and is not too expensive, please let me know. Thank you. Charlotte

Hello Everyone: I am booked on NCL Star, 23 Oct, Rt Rome for 7 days.

If anyone is booked on this cruise, contact me; maybe we can tour together.

Also, I will be staying in Rome after the cruise. If anyone can suggest a hotel for solo travelers that is relatively safe and is not too expensive, please let me know. Thank you. Charlotte

I've stayed in Rome twice, pre-cruise. Once I stayed at Hotel Golden (close to Villa Borghese) and the other time at The Dejavu Room (close to the Vatican). I enjoyed both locations and would highly recommend either one. Neither are specifically for solos, but they fit the rest of your criteria. Can't wait to go back!

Pat

My first solo cruise....I was reluctant to book it, but as the date gets closer I am getting ready to go...

Have a great cruise on the Carnival Victory on July 14th, Derek. Just a reminder, everyone, that some of the smart phone apps do not show the subject line so please put the name of the ship and the sailing date in the body of your post.

Have a great cruise on the Carnival Victory on July 14th, Derek. Just a reminder, everyone, that some of the smart phone apps do not show the subject line so please put the name of the ship and the sailing date in the body of your post.

Thanks for the reply and the info

Derek

As a newbie senior solo traveler I am very hesitant to take a cruise that leaves from a foreign port that I would have to fly into. I use Princess transfers when I travel and I don't get lost that way. Hopefully as I travel more I will be less of a travel weenie.[emoji851]