Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Going on this 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. Found 150% single supplement and relatively low price. Balcony cabin $709 on Going, Going, Gone sale. Any other solo travelers going?

What cruise is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, they must be already GONE as i just looked into joining you.

Although the Freedom 9/18 is gone, the balcony with 150% supplement is still available for Freedom 9/25, 10/2 and 10/9 but the price is slightly higher at $749. When I paid under the $709 price, the total I paid (with the Crown & Anchor Diamond balcony discount0 was $1159 and that included taxes and fees, prepaid gratuities and vacation insurance. Here is a link to the current Going, Going, Gone sale which is still good for today:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Good luck. If you're a Crown & Anchor member, this sale is available weekly Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - not just Tuesday and Wednesday.

Going on this 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. Found 150% single supplement and relatively low price. Balcony cabin $709 on Going, Going, Gone sale. Any other solo travelers going?

I'm booked in Sept and late Oct so I can't do this one, but please keep sharing when you find great deals like this.

Are you using the 'plum' site or is the cruiseline emailing you offers?

I'm booked in Sept and late Oct so I can't do this one, but please keep sharing when you find great deals like this.

Are you using the 'plum' site or is the cruiseline emailing you offers?

I get an email from Royal Caribbean. You can check the link I provided above each week to see any new "Tuesday Specials." Some cruises have reduced supplements, but most don't. Celebrity also has its "Exciting Deals" on the same days. Here's that link, which is showing several reduced supplements today:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Happy to share an info. Carol

Need help from my fellow solo travelers. Flying to Honolulu in October. What is the most reasonalble and reliable airport shuttle to hotel for one person. Getting mixed reviews on searching and am confused. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Been to Hawaii for times and always used SpeediShuttle. Reliable transportation at a reasonable price. Priced at a per person basis and you may be riding with strangers. It's kind of like a shared cab. I have used it in Honolulu and the Big Island. Airport to hotel with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been to Hawaii four times and always used SpeediShuttle. Reliable transportation at a reasonable price. Priced at a per person basis and you may be riding with strangers. It's kind of like a shared cab. I have used it in Honolulu and the Big Island. Airport to hotel with no worries.

Cruising solo on the Escape Sept 3. I've been on Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival so I am looking forward to see how Norwegian does things.

I'm going solo escape sept. 3 too! Have done quite a few solo now...diane

I'm going on my 5th solo Sept. 3rd as well.... Glad to see alot of Solo travelers on this one. :D:D:D

Edited by miamicruising1991

Been to Hawaii for times and always used SpeediShuttle. Reliable transportation at a reasonable price. Priced at a per person basis and you may be riding with strangers. It's kind of like a shared cab. I have used it in Honolulu and the Big Island. Airport to hotel with no worries.

Thank you so much for your help with the Shuttle advice, will contact them soon. Have a great day!

You're right. There are more Solos on CC if visit the Sept. 3rd rollcall as well. Its awesome. I'm booked on a balcony instead. Got a nice price. ;)

Two more days!! I will be on the Sept 3rd cruise also. First time in NCL solo cabin. I can't wait! :D

I'm going on celebrity solstice on 1 March 2017. South Pacific and Fiji to and from Sydney. I'll be 40 next July.

It's my first cruise but I've always wanted to go. I have always wanted to go on this cruise solo - I'm taking it after a period of time at work which is very busy for me.

I worry if I overpaid thanks to the single supplement and if I picked the right ship. The itinerary is one that I've wanted to do but I'm not that confident around other people. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm going on celebrity solstice on 1 March 2017. South Pacific and Fiji to and from Sydney. I'll be 40 next July.

It's my first cruise but I've always wanted to go. I have always wanted to go on this cruise solo - I'm taking it after a period of time at work which is very busy for me.

I worry if I overpaid thanks to the single supplement and if I picked the right ship. The itinerary is one that I've wanted to do but I'm not that confident around other people. [emoji51]

The Solstice class ships are beautiful and the food & entertainment is first rate. You certainly chose the right ship and cruise line IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm worried about not meeting any solos on this cruise as I'm not staying in the studios. I've never seen another solo in The Haven so just thought I'd try to find some other solos in my age range (I turned 37 2 weeks ago).

I'd like to do an excursion and I have credit for excursions but don't want to go alone.

So, anyone else traveling solo?

Thanks!

Tanya, Burlington ON, Canada

I would post in the roll call for your cruise. [emoji3]

I'm 39 and hopefully there will be some solo travellers around my age on the ship too.

Dinner is what I'm worried about. I'm signed up for anytime dining (by default as I'm prepaying gratuities) and I don't want to have just my kindle for company.

Hi I did my first ever cruise and solo last September on Celebrity Millennium transpacific so a lot of sea days. I was very anxious before going about all the things mentioned, eating on my own, excursions and long sea days with no company. I joined the role call and contacted people before I went. I had the most amazing trip and have made friends for life. I hooked up with people for excursions, all of which were incredible. I had invitations to join people for dinner most nights and on those I didn't I went to the MDR and joined a large table and had conversation with amazing people on all but one time when I found myself sat with a newly wed couple and an older couple who made me feel invisible. So I left the table and asked the Head Waiter to ensure I didn't the sit with them again. I came back from this cruise a changed person realising that you get out of something what you put in. So don't be worried about travelling alone be proactive. Get busy on your role call and once you get on board make the effort to talk to different people, you will be amazed what happens as a result. Happy sailing.