Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Just booked the Island Princess from Fort Lauderdale to L.A. via the Panama Canal over the Christmas and New Year's holidays (departing 12/20/16.) Hope to find some other solos!

Hi John

First Solo Cruise on first Princess Sailing, third cruise overall. I will be on Emerald Deck and I chose the 8p Dining. Look forward to seeing you On Board!!

I am really nervous about sailing alone but none of my family and friends wanted to go. Any experienced soloist have any suggestions or recommendations?

Don't be nervous. Solo is a great way to cruise. It doesn't mean that you're always alone (unless you want to be)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am really nervous about sailing alone but none of my family and friends wanted to go. Any experienced soloist have any suggestions or recommendations?

Try not to be nervous. Once you board the ship I think you will realize

how fun it all is....and most cruisers are very friendly:) I have been

sailing solo for almost 14 years........I love it:D

P

Please don't be nervous - you'll have a great time! I went on a solo trip last month for a total of 17 days and rarely felt like I was alone. I chatted with anyone and everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, everyone. My name is Lisa, and I live in North Mississippi, near Memphis, Tennessee. I am in my early 50s (the new 40s!) single, and LOVE cruising but have trouble finding someone to go with me, so I decided to meet new friends that like to cruise and eliminate that problem. :)

In 2009 I went on two cruises with small groups of friends and fell in love with it. Recently I made a decision to take two cruises per year as my vacation; I'm bad about not taking enough R&R.

I am signed up through a singles group for the RCCL Oasis of the Seas for the Halloween cruise. I also plan to go on the Carnival Sunshine over New Year's but haven't booked that one yet.

Hi,

I live in Hattiesburg and love to cruise! I'll be sailing on Holland Eurodam November 19, 2016. I cruised solo last year in October from Venice, Italy to Barcelona, Spain. Maybe we can connect one day!

Kimberly

Ahoy fellow solos!

I'm off on my fourth cruise this year, on my own, in a couple of weeks. I have joined the Roll Call on Cruise Critic, and always attend the "travelling solo" get together on the first day out. I'm in my mid 40's and been cruising solo for 20+ years (apart from a hiatus with the now ex-husband for a few years)!

I LOVE it!!! I enjoy having some time to myself and the fact that everyone will chat to you. I've had some wonderful table companions at dinner and laughed so hard I've almost cried with them! Met many people who, with the joys of technology, have become friends and met up with them away from the ship!

For some reason, I seem to be a "person of intrigue" when I'm on a cruise, "Ooooh you're so brave" is something I've often been told, but I figure if I don't go alone, I won't holiday at all as I don't like to fly, if I can help it. Living close to Southampton is another bonus for me, as it's only a short drive to the docks rather than hours in an airport.

Any other solos on P&O Cruises UK Aurora leaving on 20th November, then say hello and join the roll call!

Bon voyage!