Carnival Elation June 24 - 28 Review...Lots of Pics!

h_blond2

I am hoping that they will be able to put the two beds together so the DH and I will have that queen, not two singles. Could you move it if you wanted to?

Yes, they can move the other bed over to make a queen and they pull it out a little from the window wall. The problem is the person on the far side has trouble climbing out of bed and over the corner box (believe me, I've done it many times on the the Paradise :mad: ).

This was the easiest debarkation EVER! We woke up about 6:45 on Saturday and we were getting ready to pull into the pier of NOLA. We ran up to the Lido Deck to grab one last quick breakfast before making the 8 hour drive back home. We went back to our room, grabbed our luggage, said goodbye to Jenelyn and were waiting on Deck 9 by about 7:30. We always choose the self-assist option so as soon as we heard the Upper Deck being called, we got in the short line and were off the ship by 8 and back in our car at Fulton Place by 8:30. We usually aren't off the ship until about 9:30! Please feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them! I'm going to leave you with a few random pictures of my great cruise!

1vaca2013423.jpg

1vaca2013412.jpg

1vaca2013395.jpg

1vaca2013390.jpg

1vaca2013528.jpg

1vaca2013558.jpg

I loved your review.Thank you for posting. We will be on the Elation in October. How was the dining room service?

Thank you! I'm sorry, but I have no information about the dining room. We choose not to eat there.

Nice pics and great review. I also like the font and color you typed in. lol We are making our first cruise on the Elation in December and this will be the one that gets us to platinum status! :D Our favorite beach in Cozumel is Paradise Beach and can't wait to be soaking up the sun there again.

Thanks! lol! I think you will like the Elation...we really do! But did you know that Carnival changed their status system? It is now based on the number days you have cruised and not simply the number of cruises you have been on. I used to have a gold S&S card, but because I only had 19 days before going on this cruise, I had a red card this time. Mom was still gold and I'll be gold again on my next cruise.

What was y'all's room number? We're booked in a port hole room! how'd y'all like it?

We were in room U16. We really like porthole rooms because you can still have a view and only pay an interior room price!

On all of our previous cruises the life jackets were in the closet, this looks like you had holding space for 10 of them at least.! What cabin did you have? I am hoping that they will be able to put the two beds together so the DH and I will have that queen, not two singles. Could you move it if you wanted to?

Oh, by the way, thank you for the review and the great pictures! Thank yo for answering my questions, and I too want to know about the food on this ship.

We were in room U16. They will have the beds put together for you and if they don't all you have to do is ask! You can't move the box that holds the life jackets.

As far as the food goes, I can't answer about the main dining rooms, because we never eat there. We choose just to be casual and eat on the Lido deck. I'm not a big fan of the food, but I think it has more to do with my stomach always being on the verge of feeling sick than the food itself. I tend to eat a lot sandwhiches a fruit on cruises. My mom, however, really likes the food! And the Mongolian Wok is amazing!

Sailing in the Elation for the first time in January. I have a question about the muster drill. Was it held outside or in a lounge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on your room number you will be assigned an indside location to go to first, we were in the Mikado Lounge. They will give you all the safety information before moving to outside to your assigned life boat location. We didn't have to bring our life jackets with us.

We were in room U16. We really like porthole rooms because you can still have a view and only pay an interior room price!

Oh, wow ... That's the room we will be in on 8/15! I wish I'd have known ... maybe you could have hidden a note or something to see if it would still be there. That'd have been fun.., Lol

Edited by christyran1228

Oh, wow ... That's the room we will be in on 8/15! I wish I'd have known ... maybe you could have hidden a note or something to see if it would still be there. That'd have been fun.., Lol

That would've been awesome! I may have to try that on my next cruise and see if anyone responds! Enjoy the room...we did!

We will be in U 17 next week. Thanks for the pics. It does look better then being in an inside. No chair in the room though? Was it rocky in the front?

There were two stools in the room but we never used them. I hardly felt any motion when I was in the room, unless the thrusters were being used, but that was for a short time.

The Elation was our first cruise, out of Los Angeles back in Sept 2001. 9/11 happened on the second day, it,of course was a terrible thing. That being said, we fell in love with cruising and on day will make it back onto the Elation for old times sake. Your pics are great, looks like you had a great time. Loved the house shots from the Help, one of my fave movies! :)

Thank you so much! Taking our first cruise out of NOLA on the Elation in 2 weeks! The review is making me soooo excited!

Glad I could help! Have a great cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I827 using Forums mobile app

The Elation was our first cruise, out of Los Angeles back in Sept 2001. 9/11 happened on the second day, it,of course was a terrible thing. That being said, we fell in love with cruising and on day will make it back onto the Elation for old times sake. Your pics are great, looks like you had a great time. Loved the house shots from the Help, one of my fave movies! :)

I love The Help! I even show excerpts of it to my 5th graders when we study civil rights!

Thanks! lol! I think you will like the Elation...we really do! But did you know that Carnival changed their status system? It is now based on the number days you have cruised and not simply the number of cruises you have been on. I used to have a gold S&S card, but because I only had 19 days before going on this cruise, I had a red card this time. Mom was still gold and I'll be gold again on my next cruise.

If you can get to 10 cruises sailed by the end of 2013, you will be grandfathered into platinum status, so that's why we booked this one.

What was y'all's room number? We're booked in a port hole room! how'd y'all like it?

Hey Rae, we booked a port hole room also and are on Empress deck. We have had these types of cabins before when we sailed on the Fantasy and loved it!

If you can get to 10 cruises sailed by the end of 2013, you will be grandfathered into platinum status, so that's why we booked this one.

Good to know! Congrats on Platinum!

How long was the ride to Playa Palancar beach? Looks like a nice spot! I'm trying to decide which beach to hit in Cozumel, with a 6 an 8 yr old.

What do you teach? I'm an elem. art teacher :)

It's about a 15 minute ride...but so worth it! It's never crowded and it's free to get in.

I teach 5th grade...old enough to be independent, but I can still scare them if needed! Haha! They really are my babies :)

Edited by h_blond2

Thank-You for such a great review...I love the Fantasy Class ships. We were on the Elation in 2010 when it went out of Mobile, AL. I can't believe how calm that water was in your pictures...that's crazy.

I couldn't agree more with you about the mosquitoes at the ruins....that's the one thing I remember from Progreso....they were horrible then too

Thank-You for such a great review...I love the Fantasy Class ships. We were on the Elation in 2010 when it went out of Mobile, AL. I can't believe how calm that water was in your pictures...that's crazy.

I couldn't agree more with you about the mosquitoes at the ruins....that's the one thing I remember from Progreso....they were horrible then too

A few cruises ago we went to the Dzibuchaltun (sp?) ruins and we weren't bothered at all! But we plan to go to Uxmal next year and we're bringing the biggest bottle of bug spray we can buy!