Independence of the seas

Going on a 6 night western carribbean on the independence of the seas. Anyone able to tell me if its worth it to get the drink package and maybe share their thoughts on the cruise?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The length of the cruise does not affect the "worth it"-ness of the drink package. You pay a per diem cost: $55 per day including gratuity, times 6 = $330.

You are the only who knows if you are likely to drink $330 of drinks in six days.

If you want to check out the ports, go to this part of Cruise Critic:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Going on a 6 night western carribbean on the independence of the seas. Anyone able to tell me if its worth it to get the drink package and maybe share their thoughts on the cruise?

Here is the drink package info:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/12032090_Beverage_Package_Flyer_FAQ.pdf

Only you can determine if it's worth it to you.

We did the 6-night on Independence in January and had a great time. The ship is lovely and in great condition, service was really good too!

There is a review with photos in my signature if you care to read more.

Our only disappointment that centered on the ship: souvenir shop on board had very odd items for sale (clotted cream biscuits, books about England and other UK items). My kids were disappointed that they had no kids' t-shirts, tote bags, or other things for them to buy and take home. I understand this issue is unique to Independence because it spends so much timing sailing out of the UK.

We did not buy the drink package as it wouldn't be worth it for us: we leave the ship on port days, and probably only drink 2-3 drinks a day. We did make friends on board who were determined to get their money's worth out of the package- so they stayed onboard the entire time, poolside, quite hammered!

Keep on the lookout for some great deals on the 6-nt if you have flexibility in your travel schedule...there are some excellent prices on the 6-nts!

Archived