Pilates

Pop-I

Are there Pilates classes? Is there any Pilates equipment?

Classes are offered and equipment.

Fitness

Our Fitness Center features high performance Technogym equipment for cardio and strength training. We also offer a series of complimentary classes including yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. Or, if personal attention is preferred, our personal trainers will design a nutrition and exercise plan that will help you achieve results. Based on your body’s particular needs, this personalized session will expose you to the wellness program that works best with your body.

Aboard Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn and Seabourn Quest you may try the Kinesis System. Using a tri-dimensional pulley system, our personal trainers will guide you through a series of exercises designed to improve balance, flexibility and strength.

Are there Pilates classes? Is there any Pilates equipment?

Classes are via sign-up (the sheet is available the day before). Last time the first days classes had a waiting list before we left port (so get to the spa early if that's your priority). BUT... show up anyway if you are on the waiting list as people no show - and as the cruise wears on, the interest in classes dwindles and it's easier to get a spot!

How intense are the classes? Would certainly like to join in as a newbie, but would hate to join if I were surrounded by those who know the poses and would roll their eyes as those less experienced.

Most passengers on SB are relatively sophisticated, relaxed, and at ease with themselves. Thus highly unlikely to indulge in eye-rolling and other low-level, office-worker, competitive nonsense.

How intense are the classes? Would certainly like to join in as a newbie, but would hate to join if I were surrounded by those who know the poses and would roll their eyes as those less experienced.

By all means join in. You will find several newbies taking classes.

This is part of your vacation. Do new things

As someone who started Pilates 2 years ago I will tell you it is great. You really learn about the importance of good posture. I think it is fantastic.

Keith

As someone who started Pilates 2 years ago I will tell you it is great. You really learn about the importance of good posture. I think it is fantastic.

Keith

Totally agree, Keith. Certainly changes ones posture for the good. Will be trying the classes for sure.

Archived